VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I have authored and burnt a DVD-9 using Encore CS4. The project has 3 subtitle tracks.
    When I insert the DVD in the player, one of the subtitle track is getting displayed automatically. How do I turn this off without
    selecting 'No Subtitles' button? When the DVD is inserted all the subtitles need to be Off by default.Please help. Thanks a lot.

MS
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There could be few things wrong.
    If you have a subtitle menu, you should have an option there to turn subs off before DVD start to play.
    If there is no subtitle menu and your DVD player is set to play one language and subtitle set to other language, than it will choose subtitles in that language without your input, unless they are turned off in subtitle menu.
    Last would be an Encore setup in how it creates DVD.
    If it display first subtitle track, than the command to turn them off is not there. That you have to check in PGCEdit.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you look at where the subtitle is in your timeline there is a small icon to the left of the subtitle track, it looks like a "T" with an ellipse beneath it. Toggle them all off, this determines which subtitle is visible on start up.
    Murphy's law taught me everything I know.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. Its a bug in Encore CS4. Have inserted 2 blank subtitle tracks and placed the required tracks as 3 , 4 & 5, so the DVD player is by default showing track 1 or 2 which will show no subtitles.

MS
    Quote Quote  
  5. Go to Disc Properties -> select in First Play Specify Link
    in Specify Link window, don't important what you select Menu or timeline as long you set subtitles off.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	enc1.png
Views:	431
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	9777
    Click image for larger version

Name:	enc2.png
Views:	407
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	9778
    Quote Quote