VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. First posting on this forum! I have an old DVD player from Sansui and it has a very basic fault not covered in the handbook. When I load a DVD the telly screen it is connected to says it is loading, but it does not ever complete this, so I can't do anything else. I have switched it off and on and tried different disks including cds, but they are all the same. What do I do next? Sansui want �21 to tell me! As I had to pay them to buy it I would have thought advice would be free so I am not paying that. I shall buy another - not Sansui, first.

Also farily recently I bought a Sony TV and DVD recorder with a 190 GB hard disk. This is now nearly full with things I have recorded and rather than convert them all to DVDs, I would like to connect either my PC or even a big (1.5 Terabytes) Hard disk that I use for backup, to it and save some of the films myself. Is there normally any way to do this as I cannot see anything about it in the handbook again. Thanks for any comments.

Regards George.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Throw the Sansui in the trash and buy a new player. It's not worth trying to save old players as new ones that are better are so cheap. I guess if you're just determined you can search on how to do the old lens cleaning trick, but no guarantees it will fix your problem. Even if it does, you should understand that eventually you're going to have to get rid of the player anyway.

I'm not sure about your DVD recorder, but typically the disk drive in a DVD recorder will have encrypted video because Hollywood (I know you're in the UK, but Hollywood rules the world) doesn't like you being able to record shows and do anything you want with them. Maybe there's something different about your particular model and the video isn't encrypted, but I would think that most likely you won't be able to do anything with the disk drive outside of the DVD recorder.
    Quote Quote