VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Continuing my quest to create a home-made DVD with Anime / Cartoon, I need to cut part of the High Definition video I have.

This is to have in a separate video file the Cartoon's vignette, to use it as animated menu in AVS2DVD, as suggested here.

One point to be considered, is I THINK it is a High Definition video. FLV Extract returned me a .264 file, which I could only open and perform some conversion with DGAVCDec, AVISynth and VirtualDub (together).

The resulting file was impressive 15 GB. It was a hard task to me and it was not good anyways, since the FLV file has less than 200 MB.

OK?

In past, I tried to make this same task using VirtualDub and a normal AVI file. But even I marking very precisely the start point, the final result did not respected my choices, keeping a few unwanted seconds before the point I marked.

So, some clarification about this would be great too.
    Last edited by Bruno AUgusto; 12th Nov 2011 at 06:39. Reason: Provide additional information
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You might be able to edit the flv lossless with avidemux, under video and audio choose copy. Save as mp4.

Or if you want to use virtualdub you must choose a compression for smaller file size, under video->compression. But if you are going to convert to a dvd later it's better to use a lossless format like uncompressed or huffyuv.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Alright.

I t took some time to understand the basics of the program (AVIDemux), and after a few crops I extracted the video.

But the resulting MP4 has some sort of lag. It's not running "softly" like the original movie.

What is the problem?
    Quote Quote  
  4. You might as well your edits in the script. You have to resize to SD for DVD anyways, so you re-encoding is necessary

Divide it up using Trim() . Trim(200,500) would return frames 200-500 . You can use vdub or avspmod to preview (push f5), or play the avs in a mediaplayer to check sync

Depending on the source FLV, you might have to make other changes , like framerate for DVD, incl. audio e.g. resample to 48KHz , you might have to make it CFR for sync . If you post the mediainfo (view=>text) of the source , people might give you more specific help

e.g.

FFMpegSource2("video.flv", atrack=-1)
    Trim(a,b) #a is the start point, b is the end point
    Spline36Resize(720,480) #for NTSC DVD
    Quote Quote  
  5. Sorry, poisondeathray, I didn't understood your message. Remember, I'm very new in this world.

Well, I tried to do with AVIDemux and I was succeed in my task, but the output file has a little lag in the video.

As example, the initial seconds have a far away ice mountain view. In FLV it runs smoothly, in the MP4 (or AVI, MKV...) several little "gagging" are visible.

My hardware configuration is not very good, I know, but I can do several tasks perfectly. Is there any known issue about this or I would REALLY need a more powerful CPU to achieve my goal?

Maybe there is another software I can try. Another one different from this huffyuv, because it seems to run as VirtualDub Compression Mode and, even with FLVImporter plugin, still remaining my position about not-so-precisely marking points I experienced with VirtualDub,

Question: If I extract FLV contents I have a .264 Video and .AAC Audio. Is there a way to load them both together and do the same task? Maybe this lag vanishes, who knows...

I'm asking that because when loading FLV with AVIDemux I received an alert about H.264 using B-frames reference. I don't really know what is that, but there is a warning in this same box about loose frame accuracy. Maybe it is, at least, indirectly tied to the problem...

However, setting 'No' in this box, I had no problems, like crashes or something.
    URGENT is everything someone INCOMPETENT did not ON TIME and want you KILL yourself to do in RECORD time.
    Quote Quote