VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by oreons View Post
    Knightfolk,
    In audiostream (DTS) settings set checkbox "Create AC3 track"

I did this, and made it part of my preset; however the file the log shows an error that "libav can not decode back channels". And the it moves directly to creating the 2 channel track.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    For DTS 6.1-7.1 need to install Arcsoft DTS decoder. I can give a link in the private message.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hello,

I tried to convert some Hi10p files for my iPad 3 but the converted files only shows white screen. Audio is fine though.
    It just shows white screen in iTunes and in the iPad.

Did I set some of the settings wrong? Or is it a problem with the source file which happens to be Hi10p.

Edit: Tried another normal 8-bit video source. But the" Resolution:1920x1080" of the video source is in red colour.
    And the results is still white screen.
    Am I doing anything wrong?
    Last edited by cemara; 28th Jul 2012 at 04:23.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    cemara,
    10bit video does not play on Apple devices, so repacking results to a white screen. Need a complete video encoding, turn on Encode checkbox in the video track properties.

Tried another normal 8-bit video source. But the" Resolution:1920x1080" of the video source is in red colour. And the results is still white screen.
    This restriction is only for iPad1. Why is a white screen I can not say, need to look at the original file. Maybe because of the high Reframes (> 15)
    Last edited by oreons; 31st Jul 2012 at 04:08.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I convert a Mkv video with this software to mp4, but the audio is not sync in mp4 video. what is the problem ?

mkv features:
    Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1280x688 23.976fps [Video]
    Audio: MPEG Audio Layer 3 24000Hz stereo 64kbps [Audio]
    Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo [Audio]
    Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo [Audio]
    Subtitle: UTF-8 [Subtitle]
    Quote Quote  
  6. Fantastic and fast program to convert my HD movies and play them in the Apple's iPad native Video app. Finally I can now watch all HD movies (720p & 1080p) in the latest iPad. I tried many iPad players (EC Player so far was the best for HD) but ALL of them including EC where crap with >=720p for both Video (pixeling, breaks etc.) and Audio (out of synch, digital noise etc.). Now problem is solved

I have only one minor issue, the subtitles appear to be within a "sort of semi-transparent" box in the lower end of the screen that I cannot get rid of with any of the settings I tried so far. I include a printscreen from my iPad to understand what I mean, if you look closely you will see a shaded box where the subs appear in.

Does everyone have the same issue? Any ideas how to get rid of it???
    Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.PNG
Views:	440
Size:	3.02 MB
ID:	13343
    Last edited by vasman; 3rd Aug 2012 at 15:29.
    Quote Quote  
  7. ok just double checking, but this program would not work if my mkv file is x264 correct?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Cornholio77 View Post
    ok just double checking, but this program would not work if my mkv file is x264 correct?
    All the files I have/tried and worked fine were Η264 720p or 1080p mkv or m2ts format
    Quote Quote  
  9. Is this SW also available in Mac OSX or only for windows???
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    vasman,
    I have only one minor issue, the subtitles appear to be within a "sort of semi-transparent" box in the lower end of the screen that I cannot get rid of with any of the settings I tried so far. I include a printscreen from my iPad to understand what I mean, if you look closely you will see a shaded box where the subs appear in.
    So subtitles displayed in iOS 5. It is impossible to fix.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Version 0.221 http://www.mediafire.com/?8k0i8rr9ioyiufi

New in version:
    1. Icons of files and tracks.

2. Displaying name of current operation at work.

3. Displaying the icons of success and errors of build.

4. Testing of the final file to match the time with source (audio tracks)

5. If the file is successfully built, then at next start it will be skipped. Can be reset status of a file to be reprocessed. To do this right-click mouse on file and choose "Clear status."

6. Ability to use QT library for encoding without having to install QuickTime player or iTunes.

7. Choice the file extension build: mp4 or m4v

8. Ability to exit the program without confirmation.

9. Search tags without confirmation.

10. Edit mode for mp4 can be enabled with button

11. The possibility of an authorization for the proxy server.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by oreons View Post
    Version 0.221 http://www.mediafire.com/?8k0i8rr9ioyiufi

New in version:
    1. Icons of files and tracks.

2. Displaying name of current operation at work.

3. Displaying the icons of success and errors of build.

4. Testing of the final file to match the time with source (audio tracks)

5. If the file is successfully built, then at next start it will be skipped. Can be reset status of a file to be reprocessed. To do this right-click mouse on file and choose "Clear status."

6. Ability to use QT library for encoding without having to install QuickTime player or iTunes.

7. Choice the file extension build: mp4 or m4v

8. Ability to exit the program without confirmation.

9. Search tags without confirmation.

10. Edit mode for mp4 can be enabled with button

11. The possibility of an authorization for the proxy server.
    Thanks for the update:

While I did not seen any mention of any changes to the way files are processed, I had a file that would not process with previous releases that worked perfectly with this newest release.

One question, for some reason no matter what I try the cover art is not being written to the files, it is no big deal as I run the files though MetaX to add the images when processing is done, but it would be nice to not have to with files that have chapter data already included.

Along those lines are there any plans to add a tag chimp database tie-in to your program?

Again thanks for the great program and support.
    Last edited by Knightfolk; 8th Aug 2012 at 21:36.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Knightfolk
    One question, for some reason no matter what I try the cover art is not being written to the files, it is no big deal as I run the files though MetaX to add the images when processing is done, but it would be nice to not have to with files that have chapter data already included.
    Covers are not written to all files or some?

Along those lines are there any plans to add a tag chimp database tie-in to your program?
    An interesting database I will look at its API. It is more fully than themoviedb / thetvdb?
    Quote Quote  
  14. All covers I have tried thus far have not been written. I can select them just fine, they are just not added.

I don't know if tag-chimp has more info than the others, but it does have chapter info, so you could add a search for chapters just like you currently have for other tag info.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Knightfolk,
    Can you give a link to the file and cover in private message?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @oreons & @Knightfolk:
    I too have the same problem. I also use MetaX to add covers. I currently use your 0.221 test2.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Hi! Just registered so I could come here and thank you. Your program is awesome! There's simply nothing similar! Been using it for a few weeks already and I certainly recommend it.

Also, I would like to suggest a little change in a default configuration to perfect the converted audio:

Well, when I first repacked a file with DTS audio I did notice in the converted audio that sometimes an annoying silence would come between two louder sounds. It's a little difficult to explain, but try to imagine a dialogue where one person is speaking and the other is listening. The first person says a sentence, waits 2 or 3 seconds and then says another. Between these sentences, we have the impression that the audio just went mute. The same happens in scenes of thrillers, where drastically lowering the 'volume' is a recurrent resource during a chasing scene or something.

I noticed that the same doesn't happen when the audio is AC3, so I figured out it was something with the Dynamic Range Compression when using Sox. Then I found a file inside the Sox folder, which comes with MkvToMp4, telling how to set the plugin up, and then I started to mess with the parameters. And so I finally found that what worked best was to change the first parameter from "-53" to the default "-70". This way the "softer" sounds of things (e.g. clothes, footsteps or street noises) were also compressed and became louder, thus removing the impression of a muted audio.

So I saved this configuration: "compand 0.0,1 6:-70,-43,-20 -6 -90 0.1 gain -n -0.1 treble +0.1". I think people would benefit from this. Although this is a minor problem, it's very annoying and even my fiancee couldn't help noticing it every time, tens of times in the same movie.

So, thanks again. Keep up the good job!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    aleqalmeida,
    Thanks, I'll check your settings.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Most of the time (95% of the time) when I try using the latest version of mkvtomp4 0.221, I get this error 95% of the time (attachment below). I was wondering if there is a setting or codec or anything required for this latest version. However, the previous version, mkvtomp4 0.220a, works flawless. Please let me know of any troubleshoot tips on how to resolve the issue.

Thanks
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mkvtomp4 0.221 (ERROR).jpg
Views:	1119
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	13475  

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    chadwilliams,

Try this version: http://www.mediafire.com/?77b56cj19g0071z
    Replace mkvtomp4.exe
    Quote Quote  
  21. Thanks Oreons. I don't understand why they didn't just lead with the 0.221a version as the latest version for the update. May I ask how and where you acquired the 0.221a version?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    chadwilliams,
    In version 0.221a fixed some bugs. This version I have not yet published.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Version 0.221a http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ik63l31w43d7hps
    Fixed bugs that cause a program crash.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a problem converting files for my ipod touch 4g. The videos shakes in hardware acceleration but plays OK using processor in 3rd party softs like AVplayer, TTplayer etc.. How can I make a proper format for the ipod touch 4g?
    BTW, the problem is abnormal. The moving objects in the videos shakes only.. say a object in the video is still then there is no shaking of that.. but e.g. hands just shakes like hell!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    arnob216,
    What video format? MPEG4-Visual or h264 (AVC)?
    If MPEG4-Visual, some files require a full re-encoding. Repacking is not suitable.
    Quote Quote  
  26. @Oreons
    Hats off to you and your team. This is one of the best programs, prior to AVS Video Converter, that I have ever encountered before.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Oreons,

Love this tool, by the far the best I have used. I have one question though. Right now I dont stream, I just convert to mp4 and throw the video onto my hard drive and plug it into my TV, so there I need to split my movies usually.

Can you add that feature to allow a video to be split if its over 4GB?

If not can you recommend a program for doing that? Dont like my current setup.

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  28. Dear Oreons,
    Do you have a preset or recommendation for how to block the PS3 cinavia audio blockage from coming up? If you do, can you please relay that information via this forum? FYI, your program has saved ample time regarding file extension change without transcoding.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    djtiko,
    Can you add that feature to allow a video to be split if its over 4GB?
    Maybe I will make it in the next version.

chadwilliams,
    Do you have a preset or recommendation for how to block the PS3 cinavia audio blockage from coming up?
    Unfortunately I do not know anything about it.
    Quote Quote  
  30. What an outstanding piece of software! Working great for me but I am having the same issue with cover art that fredrik85 and @Knightfolk have reported. Can select artwork just fine, but doesn't actually get included with the file once processed. Using version 0.221a. Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote