VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search PM
    On page https://www.videohelp.com/tools/MkvToMp4 instead of version 0.220a (size 40.8MB) incorrectly download v.0.220 (size 40.1MB)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am getting an error when trying to convert DTS down to AAC:

"crossbow_internal_audio_3.wav" -normalize -down16 -progressnumbers

Eac3To terminated with error: 1"

The result is movies with no audio. Can anyone tell me what this error is and how to fix it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    bigzaj,
    Do you have a file sample?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Apple Devices still see subtitles as unknown... Also tried with VLC, also wrong language...
    Any tips?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have to commend you of such a great program. It's a simple application to use which make it so great.

I have one question regarding conversion. I am a big fun of the .MKV format but have people who want to use the movies with their Apple devices, such as the AppleTV 2. Now they can jailbreak their device to get the MKV playable but to keep it simple and the way Apple intended they want to just add the movies into iTunes.

So my question is: Is there a way to just recode these MKV's to M4V without recoding the video and also the audio. Just change the codec to be Apple friendly? Because I can see that I can convert a movie without recoding the video but not the audio.

So if the source audio is AC3 5.1 or AAC 5.1 or AAC 2 Channel, then just leave it as that, and change it to a M4V.

Any help would be greatful.

Cheers and keep up the great job.

Tony
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    tonybrooks
    When repacking aac format for default not converted.
    For AC3, in the track settings you need remove AAC checkbox and set a AC3 path-throuth checkbox.

This can also be set in the Setup for default settings.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm having problems with filenames that use Asian text. Renaming to western alphabet (filename and folder name) solves the problem. Is there any chance you can support non-western alphabets?

Here are my logs. You can see at the start, I get Jin -仁- II 第01話 (1024x576 H.264). Later it changes to Jin -?- II ?01? (1024x576 H.264). Where there is a ? I think it has not picked up the correct character.

Code:
    Tools\MP4Box\MP4Box.exe -new -delay 1=1 -add "Temp\video.264":fps=29.970:lang=eng:name="" -add "C:/Users/Ryu/Downloads/MkvToMp4_0.220/Temp/Jin -仁- II 第01話 (1024x576 H.264)_internal_audio_2.AAC"#1:fps=29.970:lang=eng:name="" -add "C:/Users/Ryu/Downloads/MkvToMp4_0.220/Temp/JIN Season2 ep01 [1920x1080p H.264 AAC]_external_sub_0_change.ttxt":lang=eng:name="" -itags tool="MkvToMp4 [www.mkvtomp4.ru] version 0.220" "D:/Drama/2011-08/Jin -仁- Season 2\Jin -仁- II 第01話 (1024x576 H.264).m4v"
    AVC-H264 import - frame size 1024 x 576 at 29.970 FPS
    AVC Import results: 190741 samples - Slices: 2198 I 88557 P 99986 B - 1 SEI - 1993 IDR
    Stream uses forward prediction - stream CTS offset: 2 frames
    Opening file C:/Users/Ryu/Downloads/MkvToMp4_0.220/Temp/Jin -?- II ?01? (1024x576 H.264)_internal_audio_2.AAC failed
    Error importing C:/Users/Ryu/Downloads/MkvToMp4_0.220/Temp/Jin -?- II ?01? (1024x576 H.264)_internal_audio_2.AAC#1:fps=29.970:lang=eng:name=: Requested URL is not valid or cannot be found
    Mp4Box terminated with error: 1
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Mp4Box do not understand these names, use the English letters in the file name.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys,

New user who also seems to be having the problem with "Eac3To terminated with error: 1" when running the program. In my case it is ALWAYS when converting MKV's with DTS sound. Tried and fiddled around abit with different solutions but with no luck. Any suggestion is EXTREMLY welcome!

I also have another question: Tags seems to take unreasonable long time to add. Not that it matters to me in the whole experience, just curious why. In my case a 4,2gb MKV file with DD5.1 sound takes 9 minutes to convert fully, but add tags and it takes around 11. Any thoughts?

BR

Fredrik
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What a fantastic job. Converted about 50 mkv with no problems. Imdb tagging is amazing. Here is my question: can you actually use this tool whenever I just wanna tag mp4( no conversion needed since its already converted). Im asking this because the tagging capabilities of this software is amazing and would like to use it as a "stand alone" tagging app. Thank you!

Originally Posted by oreons View Post
    Version 0.218 - http://www.mediafire.com/?u08lyu6ogma1duq

New in version:

1. Added labels to the buttons

2. Separate settings for encoding music files. Ability encode to ALAC.

3. The choice of variant for the encoder CoreAudioToolbox. It uses the QAAC version 1.0 and above.

4. Settings for dynamic range compression (DRC) for AC3 and DTS tracks. Using Sox to DRC.
    Ability to create a spectrogram for the audio tracks. They are placed to the directory Temp\Spectrograms

5.The output of tags in text form, comfortable for copying.

6. The "About" form.
    7. Correction of the subtitle for the normal display in QuickTime Player.

8. Logs are stored in a separate directory Temp\Logs and have a unique name for each run.

9. Copy chapters from one film to another.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Guys, a heads up - the error I got with DTS wasn't connected to eac3to. It turns out that it's connected to my setup on my server vs workstation.
    I haven't mounted my file shares, instead I go \\Server\movies\..... and so forth. This works without issues on DD5.1 and so forth, but not DTS. So, after mounting the searchpath, it works like a charm. Just a tip

/Fredrik
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    ROBERT74,
    MP4 tags editing supported without repack.

fredrik95,
    Yes, I know about this bug and correct it in the next version.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thank you for making such great tool.

It will add "eng" language code to the video track by default. Is there any way to change it or remove it? Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you!

Originally Posted by oreons View Post
    ROBERT74,
    MP4 tags editing supported without repack.

fredrik95,
    Yes, I know about this bug and correct it in the next version.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Trying to convert Bluray to mp4 but the file has no audio. Here is the log file.

Repack/encoder video to MP4 for Apple iPhone, iPad, ATV2. MkvToMp4 version 0.221Test2
    Build from: Jun 28 2012 18:39:00
    Use log file: Temp\Logs\29_06_2012_10_48_31.txt
    QuickTime version: 7.7.1
    CoreAudioToolbox version: 7.9.7.3
    The file D:/BDMV/STREAM/00002.m2ts has an unknown subtitle format: PGS
    Added on list: D:/BDMV/STREAM/00002.m2ts
    Started processing file: D:/BDMV/STREAM/00002.m2ts
    Starting FFmpeg with the parameters:
    Tools\ffmpeg\ffmpeg -i "D:/BDMV/STREAM/00002.m2ts" -vcodec copy -an -y "Temp\video.mp4"
    Starting Eac3To with the parameters:
    Tools\eac3to\eac3to "D:\BDMV\STREAM\00002.m2ts" 2: "Temp\00002_external_audio_0.wav" -normalize -down16 -progressnumbers
    M2TS, 1 video track, 7 audio tracks, 17 subtitle tracks, 2:41:42, 24p /1.001
    1: Chapters, 35 chapters
    2: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
    3: DTS Master Audio, English, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48kHz, -9ms
    (core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 1509kbps, 48kHz)
    4: DTS, Italian, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 768kbps, 48kHz, -9ms
    5: DTS, Russian, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 768kbps, 48kHz, -9ms
    6: DTS, Spanish, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 768kbps, 48kHz, -9ms
    7: AC3, Polish, 5.1 channels, 448kbps, 48kHz, -9ms
    8: AC3, Turkish, 5.1 channels, 448kbps, 48kHz, -9ms
    9: AC3, Ukrainian, 5.1 channels, 448kbps, 48kHz, -9ms
    10: Subtitle (PGS), English
    11: Subtitle (PGS), Italian
    12: Subtitle (PGS), Russian
    13: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
    14: Subtitle (PGS), Estonian
    15: Subtitle (PGS), Latvian
    16: Subtitle (PGS), Lithuanian
    17: Subtitle (PGS), Arabic
    18: Subtitle (PGS), Icelandic
    19: Subtitle (PGS), Hebrew
    20: Subtitle (PGS), Kazakh
    21: Subtitle (PGS), Polish
    22: Subtitle (PGS), Romanian
    23: Subtitle (PGS), Serbian
    24: Subtitle (PGS), Turkish
    25: Subtitle (PGS), Ukrainian
    26: Subtitle (PGS), Turkish
    Eac3To terminated with error: 1
    Starting Mp4Box with the parameters:
    Tools\MP4Box\MP4Box.exe -new -delay 1=1 -add "Temp\video.mp4":fps=23.976:lang=eng:name="" -itags tool="MkvToMp4 [www.mkvtomp4.ru] version 0.221Test2" "D:\Videos\00002.m4v"
    IsoMedia import - track ID 1 - Video (size 1920 x 1080)
    Setting up iTunes/iPod file...
    Saving D:\Videos\00002.m4v: 0.500 secs Interleaving

Thanks for your help!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    ROBERT74,
    The program incorrectly identified the number of tracks, so you can select the next audio track and then is processed last.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've got a problem the search for ID-tags solutions, I've converted / transcoded, remuxed or whatever you'd like to call it tons of various TV-episodes from MKV (h264 with both AC3 and DTS) into M4V (h264, multichannel AAC) and everything is working flawlessly but now that I've started converting some MKV movies there are some occasions where retrieving the movie tag with the search function simple crashes the entire MkvToMp4 utility entirely.

It's only one in perhaps twenty videos or so that makes the utility to crash, but some does like my Rango, Jurassic Park and some other MKV movies I've got and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with it's audio codec as it varies from DTS to AC3 and they are all h264.

There are also some issues regarding AC3 passthrough, if I converted everything from AC3 into AAC the audio is always synchronised, if I chose to go AC3 passthrough however the audio is often not synchronised with the video.
    Quote Quote  
  18. What is the best preset for apple tv 3?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using AAC Multichannel for Audio, with QuickTime 7.7.2 Codec and encoding quality of 1.0 (default is 0.75) and for video I go for level 4.1, repack mpeg-4 visual audio with the slower preset to not waste any unnecessary space. When it comes to MPEG-4 tagging I'm going all out loading artworks, episode numbers, MP4 optimisation and everything.

I got one problem though, I started watching Lost Season 1 on my MacBook Pro 17" 2011 model yesterday through iTunes (running iTunes Server on my desktop) and then of course played through QuickTime Player in Mac OS X and it feels like the image has a VIVID colour scheme / filer applied to it. I haven't seen the episodes in MKV to begin with so I can't compare before and after using MkvToMp4 but things appear to unrealisticly too VIVID and area around peoples eyes tend to have a bluish / pinkish tint to them at times.

I have no idea whether this has something to do with QuickTime Player on my Mac, MkvToMp4 or the source files themselves, but it's indeed awkward and MkvToMp4 shouldn't really be doing anything with the video of an MKV as long as it is H264, right? It just repacks it from MKV into MP4 container keeping the same video file(s) within the container?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Okay, i'm using now the superfast preset. What's the big difference between this and slower?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Better compression, same quality if I have understood things right.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There also seem to be another issue when going DTS or AC3 to AAC Multichannel as my AV-receiver doesn't seem to be recognizing the multi-channel at all? Normally I would get PCM when running surround decoding on my AV-receiver if the tool would have made the surround conversion between DTS / AC3 to AAC right, but for me the only way to get any sort of "surround" audio after using the MkvToMp4 tool is by utilizing upscaling solutions like Dolby Pro Logic II on my AV-receiver creating "fake" surround. If I play my Lost Season One and Two episodes which originally contained DTS 5.1 surround tracks in "Straight" mode, my receiver not doing anything with the audio I'm just getting 2.0-channel PCM and nothing else and this is with AAC Multichannel enabled in the MkvToMp4 options.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I've got a problem the search for ID-tags solutions, I've converted / transcoded, remuxed or whatever you'd like to call it tons of various TV-episodes from MKV (h264 with both AC3 and DTS) into M4V (h264, multichannel AAC) and everything is working flawlessly but now that I've started converting some MKV movies there are some occasions where retrieving the movie tag with the search function simple crashes the entire MkvToMp4 utility entirely.

It's only one in perhaps twenty videos or so that makes the utility to crash, but some does like my Rango, Jurassic Park and some other MKV movies I've got and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with it's audio codec as it varies from DTS to AC3 and they are all h264.
    Need an example mkv, which causes a crash when searching for tags.

There are also some issues regarding AC3 passthrough, if I converted everything from AC3 into AAC the audio is always synchronised, if I chose to go AC3 passthrough however the audio is often not synchronised with the video.
    This occurs if the AC3 has delay, it is not processed correctly when passthrough.

I'm using AAC Multichannel for Audio, with QuickTime 7.7.2 Codec and encoding quality of 1.0 (default is 0.75) and for video I go for level 4.1, repack mpeg-4 visual audio with the slower preset to not waste any unnecessary space. When it comes to MPEG-4 tagging I'm going all out loading artworks, episode numbers, MP4 optimisation and everything.

I got one problem though, I started watching Lost Season 1 on my MacBook Pro 17" 2011 model yesterday through iTunes (running iTunes Server on my desktop) and then of course played through QuickTime Player in Mac OS X and it feels like the image has a VIVID colour scheme / filer applied to it. I haven't seen the episodes in MKV to begin with so I can't compare before and after using MkvToMp4 but things appear to unrealisticly too VIVID and area around peoples eyes tend to have a bluish / pinkish tint to them at times.

I have no idea whether this has something to do with QuickTime Player on my Mac, MkvToMp4 or the source files themselves, but it's indeed awkward and MkvToMp4 shouldn't really be doing anything with the video of an MKV as long as it is H264, right? It just repacks it from MKV into MP4 container keeping the same video file(s) within the container?
    Mpeg4 Visual sometimes incorrectly repacking, you can encode it to h264.

There also seem to be another issue when going DTS or AC3 to AAC Multichannel as my AV-receiver doesn't seem to be recognizing the multi-channel at all? Normally I would get PCM when running surround decoding on my AV-receiver if the tool would have made the surround conversion between DTS / AC3 to AAC right, but for me the only way to get any sort of "surround" audio after using the MkvToMp4 tool is by utilizing upscaling solutions like Dolby Pro Logic II on my AV-receiver creating "fake" surround. If I play my Lost Season One and Two episodes which originally contained DTS 5.1 surround tracks in "Straight" mode, my receiver not doing anything with the audio I'm just getting 2.0-channel PCM and nothing else and this is with AAC Multichannel enabled in the MkvToMp4 options.
    If you want a multi-channel sound to your receiver, then set the conversion of DTS-AC3
    Also try the test version, there are some things corrected in the conversion http://www.mediafire.com/?na945178ocr5m0d
    Quote Quote  
  24. Do you guys know what could be causing me to get a video timecode mismatch on a video file that causes the program to stop then crash??

below is from the log file that was generated before the crash. Thanks for any help

Repack/encoder video to MP4 for Apple iPhone, iPad, ATV2. MkvToMp4 version 0.220
    Build from: Apr 28 2012 10:57:26
    Use log file: Temp\Logs\18_07_2012_18_44_36.txt
    QuickTime version: 7.7.2
    CoreAudioToolbox version: 7.9.7.9
    Added on list: F:/Mobile Suit Gundam Complete Collection/CE/Gundam Seed Destiny/Gundam SEED DESTINY - Phase 39 - Kira of the skies.mkv
    Removed F:/Mobile Suit Gundam Complete Collection/CE/Gundam Seed Destiny/Gundam SEED DESTINY - Phase 39 - Kira of the skies.mkv
    Added on list: F:/Mobile Suit Gundam Complete Collection/CE/Gundam Seed Destiny/Gundam SEED DESTINY - Phase 40 - Legacy of Gold.mkv
    Started processing file: F:/Mobile Suit Gundam Complete Collection/CE/Gundam Seed Destiny/Gundam SEED DESTINY - Phase 40 - Legacy of Gold.mkv
    Starting FFmpeg with the parameters:
    Tools\ffmpeg\ffmpeg -i "F:/Mobile Suit Gundam Complete Collection/CE/Gundam Seed Destiny/Gundam SEED DESTINY - Phase 40 - Legacy of Gold.mkv" -map 0:3 -y "Temp\Gundam SEED DESTINY - Phase 40 - Legacy of Gold_internal_audio_4.wav"
    Starting MkvExtract with the parameters:
    Tools\mkvextract\mkvextract tracks "F:/Mobile Suit Gundam Complete Collection/CE/Gundam Seed Destiny/Gundam SEED DESTINY - Phase 40 - Legacy of Gold.mkv" 1:"Temp\video.264" 2:"Temp\Gundam SEED DESTINY - Phase 40 - Legacy of Gold_internal_sub_2.ASS"
    Extracting track 1 with the CodecID 'V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC' to the file 'Temp\video.264'. Container format: AVC/h.264 elementary stream
    Extracting track 2 with the CodecID 'S_TEXT/ASS' to the file 'Temp\Gundam SEED DESTINY - Phase 40 - Legacy of Gold_internal_sub_2.ASS'. Container format: SSA/ASS text subtitles
    Starting DelayCut with the parameters:
    Tools\DelayCut\delaycut.exe -start 9 "C:/Users/Kazuma/Desktop/MkvToMp4_0.220a/Temp/Gundam SEED DESTINY - Phase 40 - Legacy of Gold_internal_audio_4.wav"
    Starting Sox with the parameters:
    Tools\sox\sox "C:/Users/Kazuma/Desktop/MkvToMp4_0.220a/Temp/Gundam SEED DESTINY - Phase 40 - Legacy of Gold_internal_audio_4_fixed.wav" "Temp\Gundam SEED DESTINY - Phase 40 - Legacy of Gold_internal_audio_4_fixed_drc.wav" -S compand 0.0,1 6:-53,-43,-20 -6 -90 0.1 gain -n -0.1 treble +0.1
    Input File : 'C:/Users/Kazuma/Desktop/MkvToMp4_0.220a/Temp/gundam seed destiny - phase 40 - legacy of gold_internal_audio_4_fixed.wav'
    Channels : 2
    Sample Rate : 48000
    Precision : 16-bit
    Duration : 00:23:51.32 = 68703152 samples ~ 107349 CDDA sectors
    File Size : 275M
    Bit Rate : 1.54M
    Sample Encoding: 16-bit Signed Integer PCM
    Done.
    Starting Qaac with the parameters:
    Tools\qaac\qaac --quality 2 --ignorelength --tvbr 95 "C:/Users/Kazuma/Desktop/MkvToMp4_0.220a/Temp/Gundam SEED DESTINY - Phase 40 - Legacy of Gold_internal_audio_4_fixed_drc.wav" -o "Temp\Gundam SEED DESTINY - Phase 40 - Legacy of Gold_internal_audio_4_fixed_drc.m4a"
    initializing QTML...done
    qaac 0.86, QuickTime 7.7.2
    Gundam SEED DESTINY - Phase 40 - Legacy of Gold_internal_audio_4_fixed_drc.wav
    MPEG-4 AAC Encoder 1.7.1, Variable Bit Rate q91, Best
    68703152/-1 samples processed in 01:42.789
    Overall bitrate: 152.213kbps
    Starting GSConv with the parameters:
    Tools\GSConv\GSConv SRT "C:/Users/Kazuma/Desktop/MkvToMp4_0.220a/Temp/Gundam SEED DESTINY - Phase 40 - Legacy of Gold_internal_sub_2.ASS"
    Tools\Mp4Box\Mp4Box -TTXT "C:/Users/Kazuma/Desktop/MkvToMp4_0.220a/Temp/Gundam SEED DESTINY - Phase 40 - Legacy of Gold_internal_sub_2_utf8.srt"
    Timed Text (SRT) import - text track 400 x 60, font Serif (size 18)
    Conversion done
    Creating an index file F:/Mobile Suit Gundam Complete Collection/CE/Gundam Seed Destiny/Gundam SEED DESTINY - Phase 40 - Legacy of Gold.mkv
    Tools\mp4box\mp4box -new -add "Temp\video.264" Temp\video.mp4
    AVC-H264 import - frame size 640 x 480 at 23.998 FPS
    AVC Import results: 34367 samples - Slices: 497 I 13062 P 20807 B - 1 SEI - 421 IDR
    Stream uses forward prediction - stream CTS offset: 2 frames
    Saving Temp\video.mp4: 0.500 secs Interleaving
    Tools\mp4box\mp4box -nhml 1 Temp\video.mp4
    Converting video timecodes...
    Warning! The number does not match the timecodes: 34366 <--> 34367
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    kazumax,
    Maybe program incorrectly identified the variable framerate. In video track settings uncheck VFR checkbox.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Wow,

This App is brilliant! Thank you!

I have a large number of MKV's.. and I am looking to Remux them to M4V to maintain the high quality(pass through) yet ensure compatibility and playback on an iPhone, iPad and Apple TV3.

If I'm not mistaken, an Apple TV(3) will pass the multichannel AC3 audio through the HDMI or Optical Audio out to amplifier which can then be decoded (my amp will support this).

However my concern is that I have purchased a Apple TV3s and have connected them to each TV in the house directly(no Amplifier). As some of the TVs do not support AC3 I'm curious if it is possible to also embed an AAC Stereo audio track as a failover along side the AC3 and Video streams?

So the M4V would contain the Video Stream, a Multichannel AC3 Stream and a AAC Stereo stream

I don't really want to go through this whole process twice given there are thousands of files, is it possible to do this in a single step?

Thank you for your great App again

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    vsixtyfour,
    In program setup set AC3 path-through and AAC 2.0 checkboxes.
    Quote Quote  
  28. I had just found it!
    That's fantastic thanks!

Now i'm trying to figure out how to create a post processing script for SABNZBD utilising your software and the command line lol
    Quote Quote  
  29. Hello,

First let me say thank you for such a great utility. I have saved so much time and have had great success, but I have hit a road block with my lateest file.

The mkv I have has Only a 6.1 DTS ES sound track, and no matter what settings I try to use to get a 5.1 AC3 output fails, and the resulting file only has 2 channel audio. I have tried with both the latest stable release 220a and also 221.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Last edited by Knightfolk; 25th Jul 2012 at 09:41. Reason: Added info
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Knightfolk,
    In audiostream (DTS) settings set checkbox "Create AC3 track"

Quote Quote