VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Hi folks,

I am curious ... What is the advantage of MP4 to MKV container change?

Thanks!

G!
    Last edited by gonwk; 11th Mar 2012 at 14:14.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    gonwk,
    It's important MP4 hardware support for various devices Apple, Sony, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by oreons View Post
    If you do the repacking, the interlaced video will not change in the output. Converting to progressive need the full encoding.
    If I use that mode, I cannot get the resulting .m2v file to play. In MPC it just stutters, in WMP it tries to play and then the video just breaks up.

No problem with progressive sources.

What I am impressed with is that I can use progressive Canopus HQ files as an input source - but only if AVIsynth is installed.
    Quote Quote  
  4. oreons,

Fantastic program. Have a quick question for you though. What is the expected format for the Tags xml file?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Disgustipated,
    Format its own, there are tags with their values ​​and the artwork.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Do you have a sample file that you could post? It would be much appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Грань.xml
    You can save tags and get the file.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Perfect thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  9. New user, just signed up to say thanks ever so much, this is exactly what I was after for making watchable files from Blu ray rips for the new iPad 3rd gen.

I used makemkv http://www.makemkv.com/ to rip a blu ray into an mkv file then this to convert it for my new iPad 3rd gen, works perfectly even at 1920x1080 in the iPad video app.

One feature I think it would benefit from is the option to encode the audio losslessly in ALAC format for Apple devices rather then a lossy format (AAC)

Would this be a difficult feature to put in the next version, they released the source code for the encoder and decoder last year in October at http://alac.macosforge.org/ http://alac.macosforge.org/

Kind regards
    laidbackross
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    laidbackross,
    The program can convert simple music files into ALAC (eg FLAC to ALAC)
    Audio tracks in movies can not convert to ALAC because mp4box does not support ALAC.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I used your program to repack an mkv into mp4 but the output is m4v. I renamed it to mp4 but when I tried to put it onto my ipad3, it tells me that the device can't play the video and thus will not copy it.

I wasn't able to get the program to detect the quicktime AAC codec for some reason. Could that be the cause? What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    pure3d2,
    Do not need to rename m4v to mp4. Format m4v - native for Apple devices.
    To use QT AAC need to install QuickTime player or iTunes.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by oreons View Post
    pure3d2,
    Do not need to rename m4v to mp4. Format m4v - native for Apple devices.
    To use QT AAC need to install QuickTime player or iTunes.
    I got it to work after installing iTunes. I was able to select the QuickTime 7.7.1 audio codec. However, when it was done, I had some audio sync issues. The movie is 2 hours 7 minutes long. In the beginning, the audio is in sync, but toward the end of the movie, it was out of sync by 1/2 to 1 second.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    This problem occurs when the video is PAL, and the audio is taken from the movie NTSC or vice versa. When building mkv stretch flag was used and after repacking get out of sync. Unfortunately I have not found a solution to this problem.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by oreons View Post
    This problem occurs when the video is PAL, and the audio is taken from the movie NTSC or vice versa. When building mkv stretch flag was used and after repacking get out of sync. Unfortunately I have not found a solution to this problem.
    I used XMedia Recode and set the video to copy only and re-encode the audio to AAC and the output was in-sync.

I noticed audio sync issues occur with MkvTSoMp4 with a few of the movies I gave it (probably due to the PAL/NTSC pair you mentioned). For 720p episodes, it worked flawlessly, so I will use it just for that.

Thanks again for all your help!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Any chance you add the possibility to call your program from command line and make the conversion base on preferences and quit after?

By the way, any way to reorder files in the list after added multiple file?

Thx
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Sylver1109,
    Command line not planned. Reorder will be on future releases.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Version 0.220 - http://www.mediafire.com/?kxfjeg3qeknqakn

New in version:

1. Searching tags on sites TheTvDB and TheMovieDB.

To use searching must be fill the correct fields in the proxy settings, if it is used.

2. Select searching language in the program settings.

3. Loading artworks when searching tags and choose to use them.

This creates a cache of downloaded artworks in a temporary directory and re-search, artwork will be loaded from the cache.

4. Ability to search tags for a few episodes of a TV series in a single operation.

It is necessary select all of the series and click search, then the information on the series will be written into each file.

5. Jump to the IMDb site to search for information.

6. Ability to shutdown Windows after the end of the encoding.
    First you need to put a flag in the settings "Enable windows shutdown button"

After that when you start encoding "Shutdown" button will be displayed.

If you click it, then the computer will be turned off after the end of the process.

7. Moving for files from the window tag editing. When you move the current tags are saved and is moved to the next or previous file.

8. Identify and record a new tag HD 1080p

9. Setting up the possibility of enable tags, and the enable optimization when loading a file.

10. If you move the mouse over the tag, it displays its contents in a window.

11. Ability to make Paypal donations to the program development.

12. Using a newer version of FFMpeg and Mp4Box
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Great tool! Thank you very much!

But, i got a couple of questions for you guys, I hope you can help me out.
    I'm using Star Wars IV V VI.
    I remuxed the files, with this program. I added to iTunes, and iTunes plays the file on my desktop. But when I'm trying to play it on my AppleTV(3) it does something weird.
    It loads, but when it starts to play, it jumps back to pause. When I push play again, it jumps back to pause...

I also have remuxed the muppets with this program. This movie, does play on my ATV, but it loads very slow.
    When I try to play The Dark Knight, it plays right a way. Without any stuttering or something else.

Are there some options, that the ATV doesn't play?

I hope you understand my question. I you don't, please tell me, so I can try to explain it in other way. Sorry for my bad English.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    psvpas,
    If you are using Wi-Fi connection to the AppleTV, you may not have enough speed to play the hard films. For example BD-Remux likely will not play. It is also advised to make MP4 optimization for the final m4v. Load it into a program and mark the checkbox Mp4 Optimize.
    Name:  71438199.jpg
Views: 5633
Size:  11.4 KB
    Last edited by oreons; 4th May 2012 at 10:46.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by oreons View Post
    psvpas,
    If you are using Wi-Fi connection to the AppleTV, you may not have enough speed to play the hard films. For example BD-Remux likely will not play. It is also advised to make MP4 optimization for the final m4v. Load it into a program and mark the checkbox Mp4 Optimize.
    [Attachment 12308 - Click to enlarge]
    First: Thank you for you comment.

I am using a Wi-Fi connection. I don't think it's a problem. Because other movies do stream it to the AppleTV.(Router: Linksys WRT320N, connection at PC and AppleTV are almost full)
    That box wasn't marked. The other one at: ''Setup->tags Enable MP4 optimization when loading the file'' was enabled. Hope that is another one. I'm now trying to make a new film. I will let you know if it worked.

Request for all: What options do you guys use for AppleTV3? So the movie stays at 1080p? Thanks in advance

EDIT: I think it's the movie itself. Just tried Robin Hood with the same settings, and everything worked.
    I guess i'll have to wait for a jailbreak, or find another Star Wars movie
    Last edited by psvpas; 4th May 2012 at 18:27.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think I found a little bug.
    When I set the substitles to my language(Dutch), my AppleTV says ''Unknown language''. Or is it a special setting that I have to use? Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    psvpas,
    I'll fix it in the next version.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Hi, i'm using this program since yesterday. Is there any way to make the file smaller because i get now streaming issues. Great programm btw!
    Quote Quote  
  25. I'm having problems with the program detecting QuickTime. I've downloaded and installed QuickTime player (most recent one as of today from Apple), and have an up to date iTunes installed. It still won't detect it. Is there a 32/64 bit issue here?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    May be help to restart computer after installing QT or reinstalling QT.
    Quote Quote  
  27. i have made a couple rips just fine with mkvtomp4, but a recent rip crashed at 99% a couple times. i get this error message, "x264 terminated with error: 3221225477". Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

EDIT: never mind, rip worked when i used the original source. The one that didn't work had reencoded audio. Weird, previous episodes ripped with no problems. Oh well, seems its fixed, so hopefully i won't get this error again.
    Last edited by J81CHAT; 8th May 2012 at 12:13.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for an excellent tool. Amazing to be able to remux MKV to Apple TV-friendly M4V, with subtitles and tags, in just a matter of minutes. Actually less than one minute if only using ac3-passthrough (no AAC) on 720p TV episodes.
    I just have two questions:
    1. What does the "optimize mp4" checkbox really do?
    2. Would it be possible to normalize or add dynamic range compression to AC3 audio without having to convert it to AAC?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Version 0.220a http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4dced3ws4pdgv4s
    Some bugs fixed:
    1. Level writing.
    2. Pictures in artworks search.
    3. Fixed display languages in the Apple devices.
    Last edited by oreons; 11th May 2012 at 10:30.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    XBM,
    1. MP4 optimization - moving tags and service information to beginning of the file. It is necessary for streaming on AppleTV.
    2. This is not possible

J81CHAT,

Need a sample file to test. Sometimes x264 crashes at the wrong crop.
    Quote Quote