VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 27
FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. @jHoNDoE
    The problem might persist within the mkv file itself because in the past, I had an issue when the audio was AC3. Therefore, I suggest you mux the .mkv file using mkvtoolnix. Follow these steps below:
    1) You need to download Mkvtoolnix (https://www.videohelp.com/tools/MKVtoolnix) (recommend the portable version)
    2) Open the mmg.exe (if used portable version)
    3) Drag and drop the 05 Kissed by Fire.mkv, and then hit "Start Muxing". Make sure the output is LOCAL (Drive C or any drive excluding optical drive)
    4) Now drag and drop the MUXED version of the mkv file into MKVtoMP4 and it should work now.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by chadwilliams View Post
    @jHoNDoE
    The problem might persist within the mkv file itself because in the past, I had an issue when the audio was AC3. Therefore, I suggest you mux the .mkv file using mkvtoolnix. Follow these steps below:
    1) You need to download Mkvtoolnix (https://www.videohelp.com/tools/MKVtoolnix) (recommend the portable version)
    2) Open the mmg.exe (if used portable version)
    3) Drag and drop the 05 Kissed by Fire.mkv, and then hit "Start Muxing". Make sure the output is LOCAL (Drive C or any drive excluding optical drive)
    4) Now drag and drop the MUXED version of the mkv file into MKVtoMP4 and it should work now.
    Did that before I tried everything else and didn't work.

Converting the audio manually worked, only one fail in 160 files is fine.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I know that this might not be the place to ask this question, but I have to ask since it is a flash issue, and I know that coders are experienced with flash. Nonetheless, I need help with this issue (attachment jpg below): I'm trying to acquire an RTMPE using StreamTransport, but I keep getting this problem with flash. Additionally, my flash is updated to the latest version. I would appreciate any input or help in addressing this issue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FlashProblem.jpg
Views:	2971
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	23609
    Quote Quote  
  4. Wow! This Application made me registier here and thank you!
    But I have also found a little mistake, which you propably could solve during your next update.

If you convert a srt Subtitle FIie with mkvtomp4 it's gonna be tx3g afterwards.
    But if you would like to encode this new file with tx3g subtitle again with mkv2mp4, it doesnt recgonize the subtitle file.
    I hope I could describe the problem good enough, i'm not a native english speaker.

Here is also one Improvement I would like to mention:
    If you want to tag a entire TV Series it takes much time to tag each episode,
    so if there would be an option to mark a bunch of episodes and tag them it would be awesome!
    I think a string scanner for the filename would be a good possibility to scan for e.g. "S01E05" to fill the important fields.
    Earlier I used MetaX and they did it this way.

Greets and keep on codid, its perfect!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by silversnake View Post

Here is also one Improvement I would like to mention:
    If you want to tag a entire TV Series it takes much time to tag each episode,
    so if there would be an option to mark a bunch of episodes and tag them it would be awesome!
    I think a string scanner for the filename would be a good possibility to scan for e.g. "S01E05" to fill the important fields.
    Earlier I used MetaX and they did it this way.

Greets and keep on codid, its perfect!
    Hi,
    Don't know about the subtitle thing, however, if you highlight all the files in the same series and then search, it will identify all at once, does not need to be one by one. I usually go by searching one full season at a time, just in case of anything, but that's just my preference.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by arielreyes001 View Post

Hi,
    Don't know about the subtitle thing, however, if you highlight all the files in the same series and then search, it will identify all at once, does not need to be one by one. I usually go by searching one full season at a time, just in case of anything, but that's just my preference.
    Thank you! I can't believe how much time I wasted tagging one episode after another.
    And it seems like mkv2mp already scans for a string like "S01E01" so you can tag every episode.

Maybe you guys could help me with my next question:
    I have a few FanSub Animes, which include an .ASS Subtitle File.
    But a few Fansubber didn't burn type set/karaoke. This causes a not-so-good-looking subtitle.
    Therefor I would like to burn there Subtitles.

I know that I have to reencode the episodes for this, but I'm okay with this.
    I just don't know a good programm, which could do this for me half automatic.

Edit: Testing with meGUI. Found "One Click Encoder". Maybe this solves my Problem. I keep you up2date.
    Edit2: Megui's One Click Encoder only merges the Subtitle in the Container. It doesn't burn them in...
    Edit3: Handbrake does exactly what I want.

BTW: Is there a MAC Version of MKVToMP4 in future maybe? I'm using Subler on my mac, but I think mkv2mp4 is much better.

Silversnake
    Last edited by silversnake; 5th Mar 2014 at 08:24.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by silversnake View Post
    Originally Posted by arielreyes001 View Post

Hi,
    Thank you! I can't believe how much time I wasted tagging one episode after another.
    And it seems like mkv2mp already scans for a string like "S01E01" so you can tag every episode.

Maybe you guys could help me with my next question:
    I have a few FanSub Animes, which include an .ASS Subtitle File.
    But a few Fansubber didn't burn type set/karaoke. This causes a not-so-good-looking subtitle.
    Therefor I would like to burn there Subtitles.

I know that I have to reencode the episodes for this, but I'm okay with this.
    I just don't know a good programm, which could do this for me half automatic.

Edit: Testing with meGUI. Found "One Click Encoder". Maybe this solves my Problem. I keep you up2date.
    Edit2: Megui's One Click Encoder only merges the Subtitle in the Container. It doesn't burn them in...
    Edit3: Handbrake does exactly what I want.

BTW: Is there a MAC Version of MKVToMP4 in future maybe? I'm using Subler on my mac, but I think mkv2mp4 is much better.

Silversnake
    the developer haven't update this for over a year so... no MAC version in the future.
    Quote Quote  
  8. THanks for your answer!.
    I hope the developer could fix the following problem, because I think it doesn't take much time.

Originally Posted by silversnake View Post
    If you convert a srt Subtitle FIie with mkvtomp4 it's gonna be tx3g afterwards. But if you would like to encode this new file with tx3g subtitle again with mkv2mp4, it doesnt recgonize the subtitle file.
    I'm looking forward.

Silver
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Fixed iTunes artworks search (mkvtomp4.exe only) - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7183431/0.224/mkvtomp4.zip
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you Thank you!!! Kinda figured I wasn't the only one!!

P.S. - If any are looking, before the fix I was using iTunes Artwork Finder , seems to work pretty decent to DL them and add them manually. But much much better with it fixed. Thanks again oreons!!!
    Last edited by dakon720; 14th Apr 2014 at 14:28.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I used to use Subler and in Subler you could choose which audio tracks to mux AND which one would be the active audiotrack.

I see the option to delete and deselect audiotracks in MKVTOMP4, which I guess has them same effect?
    Is there any possibility to choose the active track or will it default to the uppermost track?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure theirs a way to select the default track it uses, I have never needed too myself. I never have more than one track of the same language, and all of my players have a default language, and it will select the track accordingly. I know that's not the case for everyone though
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any chance that there would be a way to automate mkvtomp4. I use sickbeard to download videos and being able to pass these to mkvtomp4 automatically to have it check to see if the original file is mkv, if it is then change to mp4, and delete or move the original file... This would make this program the BEST of the BEST
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hi I have been using mkvtomp4 for a while now and it's truly great

I am just having one issue which has been around for a while but I have just lived with it but I wanted to know if there is a solution

On some Mkvs when there are subtitles mkvtomp4 will keep crashing it just stops responding then you have to kill the task

When I de select the sub titles on the Mkvs it goes through fine

This only happens on some movies has anyone had this problem and is there a fix for it?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by Drugekull View Post
    Hi I have been using mkvtomp4 for a while now and it's truly great

I am just having one issue which has been around for a while but I have just lived with it but I wanted to know if there is a solution

On some Mkvs when there are subtitles mkvtomp4 will keep crashing it just stops responding then you have to kill the task

This only happens on some movies has anyone had this problem and is there a fix for it?
    Try to edit the subtitle track and check if it has a name on the comment "CC" or something else. If yes, delete the name and leave it blank. then try to remux the file
    Quote Quote  
  16. do someone test in different language subtitle? example chinese or japanese?
    when i choose the encoding utf8, i get alot of box.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I'm not sure weather I'm the only one with this Problem, but:
    When I edit a File with mkvtomp4 and I want to edit this File again e.g. edit Meta Data, the Subtitles are not visible.

silversnake
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SurfDrifter View Post
    Originally Posted by Drugekull View Post
    Hi I have been using mkvtomp4 for a while now and it's truly great

Try to edit the subtitle track and check if it has a name on the comment "CC" or something else. If yes, delete the name and leave it blank. then try to remux the file
    I've also had this problem, where the subtitles appear to crash the app during the MP4Box step. I got things working, but not by deleting the "CC" comment and leaving the field blank; I resolved it by un-checking the Commment button. This not only blanks out the comment field, but completely disables it. This is very strange as other video files have encoded successfully with "CC" in the Comments box.

BTW, I initially found SurfDrifter's instructions a little confusing, so I will attempt to clarify: When he said "edit the subtitle track", he didn't mean to edit the actual .srt file (or another subtitle format), he actually meant that you should edit it within MkvToMp4. Simply highlight the Subtitle line(s) and click the Settings icon on the right side. Then you'll see the Comment box at the top of the window.

Oreons: This really needs to be looked at as it's a very weird bug that causes a fair number of conversions to crash. I last tried using your app a few months ago, and I ended up spending a lot of time pulling my hair out trying to figure out what was wrong. Now SurfDrifter has finally found the reason for the random crashes. Any chance you'll be providing a new update soon? As well, the "MP4 Optimization" check box really needs to be turned on by default.

Cheers,
    Visor
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Haven't had a chance to post in a little bit, but wanted to throw a couple things out there. I have had trouble with mkv's in the past also, so I do agree it's an issue. Anyway, my workaround that has worked for me. Was to just remux the mkv into another mkv using mkvmerge (lol, mouthful), and then it seems to work fine. I know, silly to need to take that extra step, point really is that it needs to be addressed.

Also, as far as the MP4 optimization on by default. You can, go to setup>tags>the 4th line down should be an option to Enable MP4 Optimization when loading file.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by oreons View Post
    Hi My Antivirus is picking up a Virus on these files are you sure they are clean?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You're the man oreons, thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Thanks for that looks like it was Norton being a bit over protective
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    Is there an option to just copy the audio stream? I have an AVI file with mp3 audio and just want to copy both video and audio to play in PLEX which accepts mp3 audio. Video is fine. I went into the audio preferences and unchecked AAC and figured that it would just copy the mp3 stream without encoding it. Xmedia recode has this feature where you can convert or copy the video/audio stream so I’m assuming it’s in mkvtomp4 as well.

I unchecked the enable AAC thinking it would just copy the mp3 stream. Perhaps there's a setting I'm not seeing?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-07-30_03-06-26.png
Views:	989
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	26659  

Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As far as I know, mkvtomp4 will only passthru AC-3 tracks.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    Ya I'm looking through the settings and that appears to be the case.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Oreons,
    First of all a BIG for this great tool.
    The name you chosen is a bit misleading because it can remux not only MKV but to my surprise also the old AVI format. Thanks to you I can now convert a whole season from AVI to MP4 in minutes by just converting the *crap* mp3 track into aac.

Now the questions:

1) I would like also Italian language. I am willing to translate it for you. Is it possible ? Please let me know.

2) Being difficult to find good HD quality in italian, I sometimes download italian AVI and then 1080p MKV english. The problem is that to sync audio I must convert mp3 to wav, then change tempo and pitch with Audacity (-4.096% from 25 fps to 23.976) and reencode it as aac. Could you add this feature automatically ?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ferlevin View Post
    The name you chosen is a bit misleading because it can remux not only MKV but to my surprise also the old AVI format. Thanks to you I can now convert a whole season from AVI to MP4 in minutes by just converting the *crap* mp3 track into aac.

WOW! I'm surprised it's taken this long for someone to say that!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  28. Hi I cannot pick up ITunes cover art anymore is there a fix for this?
    Quote Quote