VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 27
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. anyway to split the file into 4gb chunks for xbox/fat32?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Does the version 0.222 pack the latest(or very recent) versions of ffmpeg and x264? Could I download ffmpeg/x264 and use them in place of the versions included in 0.222?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    tonybrooks,
    Sony Vegas I gave as example, there are many similar programs. Sony sells inexpensive programs, for ex. Movie Studio. Also, there are many free programs that use AviSynth deinterlacing plugins for video encoding. For example Xvid4PSP.

steve51184,
    no

boondoc,
    Yes, you can download the new versions of these programs and replace in their catalogs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by tonybrooks View Post
    oreons, thanks for your quick reply. I tried renaming the file as suggested and it allows me to convert the video. As you stated the resulting converted video has the lines through it, so I guess that is what you were talking about.

Regarding using Vegas, its a $600 product, so a little out of my price range. That is what I loved about yours was the price but more importantly the speed at the conversion and the ease of use.
    Vegas has several packages, the movie studio consumer lvl s/w is $50.

Thank oreons.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks guys

I have found that I can use mkvmerge gui. I can add these .MOD files directly and merge them into a .MKV file. The files are then all merge into one .MKV file and they look exactly the same quality as the .MOD files.

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  6. I found a weird issue. All the mkv's that I ran through mkvtomp4 are tagged as HomeVideos.
    When importing into iTunes 11 it shows up as home videos.

That same file where iTunes sees as HomeVideo mkvtomp4 is seeing the tag as "Music".
    Anyone else seeing this?

So, this is what is happening for me:
    1) Add mkv's in mkvtomp4 using default settings.
    2) verify that the tag mkvtomp4 makes is "Movies"
    3) press start in mkvtomp4
    4) Import the resulting files to iTunes 11
    5) iTunes 11 sees them as Home Videos
    6) add those resulting files back to mkvtomp4
    7) mkvtomp4 is then setting tags as "Music"

Weird
    Last edited by vukodlak75; 1st Feb 2013 at 06:02.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Can't explain how much I love this program!

One question tough. I'm a Apple TV3 user and I need a 2.0 AAC track +5.1 AC3 track to be able having a surround sound in my home theatre setup. As of know I've been using the standard specs. Great! However I do feel that the 5.1 track is much lower in volume than the 2.0 track. I'm I doing anything wrong?

Should I check the boxes of dynamic range compression? Personally I don't like the sound to be very loud in loud scenes, and barely any sound in quiet scenes. I would like a more balanced audio. What are my choices?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hello,

And thanks for your tool.

I have a problem when I try to import a japanese subtitle, this is what I get (I reproduce the command line inside the CLI)

c:\MkvToMp4_0.222\Tools\Mp4Box\MP4Box.exe -TTXT "myfilm - jpn.srt"
    Timed Text (SRT) import - text track 400 x 60, font Serif (size 18)
    WARNING: corrupted SRT frame 83 after frame 45
    WARNING: corrupted SRT frame 121 after frame 99
    WARNING: corrupted SRT frame 201 after frame 174
    WARNING: corrupted SRT frame 239 after frame 219
    WARNING: corrupted SRT frame 277 after frame 243
    WARNING: corrupted SRT frame 314 after frame 280
    WARNING: corrupted SRT frame 428 after frame 392
    WARNING: corrupted SRT frame 468 after frame 428
    WARNING: corrupted SRT frame 507 after frame 477
    WARNING: corrupted SRT frame 546 after frame 507
    WARNING: corrupted SRT frame 625 after frame 588
    WARNING: corrupted SRT frame 664 after frame 654
    Bad SRT formatting - expecting number got "そこから300m 南側です"
    Error importing myfilm - jpn.srt: Corrupted Data in file/stream

I don't see anything wrong with the subtitles. It "plays" fine in VLC.

Do you see where the problem can be ?

Thanks and regards
    Lankou
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Hi oreons,

Is there any chance you could add a feature to automatically look up the tags and artwork when the file is added? For example, sometimes I will add 10 different TV shows from different locations, but then have to individually go through them clicking Search and waiting for the tags to download. It would be great if they could load tags in the background while I add the extra files. It works great adding many episodes of the same show, but a bit time consuming adding several shows.

Also, when there are a few different options for show names it would be great if you could tell it to automatically select the closest match.

Thanks!
    Michael
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hello There,
    Thanks for this tool, it looks amazing!

I have a noob question, Can someone please explain to me what settings I need to have regarding sounds to preserve DTS and/or DTS HD 10Bit audio? My Mp4 come out without sound or converted to AAC, maybe I'm confusing a few things here? I want to play this on a sony Bravia TV.

Many thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    lankou,
    Srt file is needed for the test.

mstrelan,
    This is difficult to implement, it is not planned.

Bloombloom,
    What format can play TV? If AC3, then in audio track settings set Make AC3 checkbox and clear the AAC-Enable checkbox.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by oreons View Post
    lankou,
    Srt file is needed for the test.
    Oreons,
    How do I send it to you ? PM is ok ?
    Thanks and regards
    Lankou
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    lankou,
    PM or mediafire etc.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by oreons View Post
    lankou,
    PM or mediafire etc.
    Oreons,

PM sent.

Thanks and regards
    Lankou
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by vukodlak75 View Post
    I found a weird issue. All the mkv's that I ran through mkvtomp4 are tagged as HomeVideos.
    When importing into iTunes 11 it shows up as home videos.

That same file where iTunes sees as HomeVideo mkvtomp4 is seeing the tag as "Music".
    Anyone else seeing this?

So, this is what is happening for me:
    1) Add mkv's in mkvtomp4 using default settings.
    2) verify that the tag mkvtomp4 makes is "Movies"
    3) press start in mkvtomp4
    4) Import the resulting files to iTunes 11
    5) iTunes 11 sees them as Home Videos
    6) add those resulting files back to mkvtomp4
    7) mkvtomp4 is then setting tags as "Music"

Weird

I have this problem from time to time. You can also change the media kind inside itunes.
    Select the file you want to change, then right click, then choose 'get info' menu. Then select 'options'.
    You have a media kind pull-down box where you can select the media kind, then click ok.

Thanks and regards
    Lankou
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    lankou,

Set subtitle encoding UTF-16.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by oreons View Post
    lankou,

Set subtitle encoding UTF-16.
    Hello Oreons,
    Thanks, but I still have problems. Actually, I have 3 subtitles that I drag and drop in mkvtomp4. Then I change them to UTF-16
    as you said. But still problems. And your software crashes, ( he did not do that last time). What is surprizing also is that the
    temporary subtitles is xx_utf8 although I chose utf-16. I will try to save the subtitles directly in utf-16 and then import them in mkv2mp4
    to see if that is making a difference.

Here is the log
    Added on list: F:/filebot/myfilm/myfilm.mp4
    Invalid format: F:/filebot/myfilm/myfilm - eng.srt
    Started processing file: F:/filebot/myfilm/myfilm.mp4
    Starting Mp4Box with the parameters:
    Tools\Mp4Box\Mp4Box -raw 1 -out "Temp\video.264" "F:/filebot/myfilm/myfilm.mp4"
    Extracting MPEG-4 AVC-H264 stream to h264
    Tools\Mp4Box\Mp4Box -raw 2 -out "Temp\myfilm_internal_audio_2.AAC" "F:/filebot/myfilm/myfilm.mp4"
    Extracting MPEG-4 AAC
    Tools\Mp4Box\Mp4Box -TTXT "C:/MkvToMp4_0.222/Temp/myfilm - eng_external_sub_0_utf8.srt"
    Error importing C:/MkvToMp4_0.222/Temp/myfilm - eng_external_sub_0_utf8.srt: Feature Not Supported
    Mp4Box terminated with error: 1
    Trying to restore the SRT...
    Starting GSConv with the parameters:
    Tools\GSConv\GSConv SSA "C:/MkvToMp4_0.222/Temp/myfilm - eng_external_sub_0_utf8.srt"
    GSConv terminated with error: 3221225477
    Recovery SRT failed.
    Skipping subtitle C:/MkvToMp4_0.222/Temp/myfilm - eng_external_sub_0_utf8.srt
    Tools\Mp4Box\Mp4Box -TTXT "C:/MkvToMp4_0.222/Temp/myfilm - fra_external_sub_1_utf8.srt"
    Error importing C:/MkvToMp4_0.222/Temp/myfilm - fra_external_sub_1_utf8.srt: Feature Not Supported
    Trying to restore the SRT...
    Starting GSConv with the parameters:
    Tools\GSConv\GSConv SSA "C:/MkvToMp4_0.222/Temp/myfilm - fra_external_sub_1_utf8.srt"
    GSConv terminated with error: 3221225477
    Recovery SRT failed.
    Skipping subtitle C:/MkvToMp4_0.222/Temp/myfilm - fra_external_sub_1_utf8.srt
    Tools\Mp4Box\Mp4Box -TTXT "C:/MkvToMp4_0.222/Temp/myfilm - jpn_external_sub_2_utf8.srt"
    Conversion done
    Tools\MP4Box\MP4Box.exe -new -delay 1=1 -add "Temp\video.264":fps=23.976:lang=eng:name="Importe d with GPAC 0.4.6-DEV (build 1)" -add "C:/MkvToMp4_0.222/Temp/myfilm_internal_audio_2.AAC"#1:fps=23.976:lang=eng :name="" -add "C:/MkvToMp4_0.222/Temp/myfilm - jpn_external_sub_2_utf8_change.ttxt":lang=jpn:name ="" -itags tool="MkvToMp4 [www.mkvtomp4.ru] version 0.222" "F:/filebot/myfilm\myfilm_new.m4v"
    AVC-H264 import - frame size 1280 x 536 at 23.976 FPS
    Process is interrupted by the user.
    Failed to start Mp4Box

thanks and regards
    Lankou
    Quote Quote  
  18. Thanks oreons,
    My TV can play AC3 (I think) but my interface doesn't look like your screenshot... I think I'm using the latest version 0.222

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    lankou,
    I wrote about the UTF-16 specifically for the Japanese subtitles, which you sent. On the other subtitle encoding may be different, need to look at the file.

Bloombloom,
    Mouse double-click on the audio track.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    I got a problem encoding m4v file for my iPad. Source file:

As the result it's unrecognized by Ipad. But at the same time this one works perfectly:

Last edited by Zandarts; 17th Feb 2013 at 05:01.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Zandarts,
    For Apple devices reFrames parameter must be less than 15. Need a full video encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  22. In version .222 looks like it can not load internal subtitles anymore from MKV file. External srt works fine.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by oreons View Post
    Zandarts,
    For Apple devices reFrames parameter must be less than 15. Need a full video encoding.
    Thank you, after encoding iPad is finally playing that video. Here's info about one more problematic video that didn't work without encoding. After encoding iPad recognizes ir but refuses to play. Do you have any ideo what's wrong with it? While encoding I left only Japanese audio, removed all other audio, internal subs and added external .srt file.
    http://pastebin.com/ZTbpNcgy
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by oreons View Post
    lankou,
    I wrote about the UTF-16 specifically for the Japanese subtitles, which you sent. On the other subtitle encoding may be different, need to look at the file.

Bloombloom,
    Mouse double-click on the audio track.
    Oreons,
    Actually, I found a better solution.
    I had my film plus the subtitles. Before, I was just importing the film, then the subtitles and I had some problems.

What I did is first, using mkvtoolnix tools, to create a mkv with the film and the subtitles. Worked fine.
    Then, import this mkv to your tool. There was no problem to import the mkv, and subtitles were processed without errors.

Not related to mkv2mp4, but subtitles rendering in quicktime is just plain ugly ! It seems not possible to adjust the size and color of
    subtitles. VLC and MPC are much more nicer to display subtitles. Plus, when I switch back and forth to different subtitles, quicktime
    freezes. I have to pause and then resume to get the film played correctly.

Thanks and regards
    Lankou
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    marax,
    Program accepts internal and external subtitle formats srt, ass, ssa, ttxt.

Zandarts,
    By parameters this file must play. Maybe video incorrectly encoded.

lankou,
    Maybe mkvtoolnix more correctly detects the subtitles encoding.

Not related to mkv2mp4, but subtitles rendering in quicktime is just plain ugly ! It seems not possible to adjust the size and color of
    subtitles. VLC and MPC are much more nicer to display subtitles. Plus, when I switch back and forth to different subtitles, quicktime
    freezes. I have to pause and then resume to get the film played correctly.
    QuickTime for windows is buggy software, do not recommend using it on PC )
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by oreons View Post
    sylance,
    You can try to install Arcsoft DTS decoder. See PM for instruction.
    PM sent as I have no clue what I'm doing!
    Quote Quote  
  27. you're program sounds like its just what im looking for. trying to switch my mkv files to mp4 so i can stream them on my roku on plex as they say mp4 is the best format to use currently. i dont need to change to audio pretty sure thats find so i have ac3 passthrough checked and aac unchecked. i keep receiving an error at the end of the process and i cant figure out why. any help would be great.

here is my log if this helps:

Added on list: E:/Media/Movies/Lawless.2012.720p.BluRay.x264-SPARKS - - sparks-lwless-720/lawless.2012.720p.bluray.x264-sparks.mkv
    Started processing file: E:/Media/Movies/Lawless.2012.720p.BluRay.x264-SPARKS - - sparks-lwless-720/lawless.2012.720p.bluray.x264-sparks.mkv

Starting MkvExtract with the parameters:

Tools\mkvextract\mkvextract tracks "E:/Media/Movies/Lawless.2012.720p.BluRay.x264-SPARKS - - sparks-lwless-720/lawless.2012.720p.bluray.x264-sparks.mkv" 1:"Temp\video.264" 3:"Temp\lawless.2012.720p.bluray.x264-sparks_internal_sub_3.SRT"

Extracting track 1 with the CodecID 'V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC' to the file 'Temp\video.264'. Container format: AVC/h.264 elementary stream

Extracting track 3 with the CodecID 'S_TEXT/UTF8' to the file 'Temp\lawless.2012.720p.bluray.x264-sparks_internal_sub_3.SRT'. Container format: SRT text subtitles

Starting Eac3To with the parameters:

Tools\eac3to\eac3to "E:\Media\Movies\Lawless.2012.720p.BluRay.x264-SPARKS - - sparks-lwless-720\lawless.2012.720p.bluray.x264-sparks.mkv" 2: "Temp\lawless.2012.720p.bluray.x264-sparks_ac3_audio_0_EacID_2.ac3" -384 -progressnumbers

MKV, 1 video track, 1 audio track, 1 subtitle track, 1:55:46, 24p /1.001

1: h264/AVC, 1280x536 23.975p

2: DTS, English, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 1509kbps, 48kHz

3: Subtitle (SRT), English

v01 The video bitstream is encoded in a non-standard framerate.

v01 The video bitstream framerate field doesn't match the container framerate.

a02 The ArcSoft and Sonic decoders don't seem to work, will use libav instead.

a02 Extracting audio track number 2...

a02 Decoding with libav/ffmpeg...

a02 Encoding AC3 <384kbps> with libAften...

a02 Creating file "Temp\lawless.2012.720p.bluray.x264-sparks_ac3_audio_0_EacID_2.ac3"...

Video track 1 contains 166532 frames.

Done.

Tools\Mp4Box\Mp4Box -TTXT "C:/Users/bridget/Documents/stephen/blah/Temp/lawless.2012.720p.bluray.x264-sparks_internal_sub_3.SRT"

Conversion done

Tools\MP4Box\MP4Box.exe -new -delay 1=1 -add "Temp\video.264":fps=23.976:lang=eng:name="" -add "C:/Users/bridget/Documents/stephen/blah/Temp/lawless.2012.720p.bluray.x264-sparks_ac3_audio_0_EacID_2.ac3"#1:fps=23.976:lang= eng:name="" -add "C:/Users/bridget/Documents/stephen/blah/Temp/lawless.2012.720p.bluray.x264-sparks_internal_sub_3_change.ttxt":lang=eng:name=" " -itags tool="MkvToMp4 [www.mkvtomp4.ru] version 0.222" "E:/Media/Movies/Lawless.2012.720p.BluRay.x264-SPARKS - - sparks-lwless-720\lawless.2012.720p.bluray.x264-sparks.m4v"

AVC-H264 import - frame size 1280 x 536 at 23.976 FPS

AVC Import results: 166532 samples - Slices: 1790 I 70055 P 94687 B - 1 SEI - 1681 IDR

Stream uses forward prediction - stream CTS offset: 2 frames

AC3 import - sample rate 48000 - 5.1 channels

Timed Text (GPAC TTXT) Import

Setting up iTunes/iPod file...

Saving E:/Media/Movies/Lawless.2012.720p.BluRay.x264-SPARKS - - sparks-lwless-720\lawless.2012.720p.bluray.x264-sparks.m4v: 0.500 secs Interleaving

Error: I/O Error

Total time: 18 min. 13 sec.

0 files processed.

1 errors.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Did some searching and see that you may suggest putting the program in a new folder. Don't know if I understand what that means . I've tried putting into a new folder and it just create a new temp folder with it . I should have plenty of space on my computer over 300 v0 gb free and all my media is stored on a external hard drive with over 300 gb free. Please help I would really like this to work and I'm driving myself crazy over here trying to fix it
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    vagrent,

1. Move the program to disk, where there is a lot of free space. It's create a temp directory in its catalog.
    2. Rename the movie files into simple names such as film.mkv
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Hey guys if someone can help I would really appreciate it. I love this program and when I use it everything is works great i.e. video, audio, subs, tags etc. but the slight problem I have is that when the output file is streamed onto iPad or ATV 3 the audio is out of sync slightly.

I have attached images of my settings below.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pic.png
Views:	1239
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	16578  

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic2.png
Views:	1169
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	16579  

Quote Quote