VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm new to dvd recorders i use to use pc all the time now i started to record ( the not important stuff on dvd recorder) particular the old models e55 and es15. My question is concerning the tread about tricks and tips for old recorders and there it states
    Go to SETUP - VIDEO - Black Level Control:
    - Input level - make it "Darker".
    - Composite & SVideo Output Level - make it "Lighter".
    - Component Video Output Level - make it "Normal".
    This will assure correct black level setting on your recorder (no brighter or darker recorded images compare to the originals).
    I must be dumb on both i cant find video in setup and there is only picture ( in order : Tuning, Others,Disc,Picture,Sound,Display,Connection) that is when i press functions. Is there some secret menu function that I'm unaware of. I noticed that everybody complain about panasonic makes dark videos from analog ( vhs inputs) but in mine case is contrary very light or my eyes trick me.
    Anyone ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. And I don't know if it is important I'm in Pal land no ntsc
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your '04 E55 and '06 ES-15 don't have black level issues, I believe it was only the '01 and '02 Pannys that were set for the international black level even for DVDRs sold in N. America which uses a different black level.
    If you have PAL machines you won't have such DARKER/LIGHTER settings, your machines should already set to 0 IRE(intl. black level). AFAIK only N. American Panasonics have such settings, my international EH-59 does NOT and therefor produce recordings that are too light with a standard NTSC input. My only source to my EH-59 is a DVD player that has a DARKER(or 0 IRE setting) and a AIWA PAL VCR which always outputs a 0 IRE analog signal, so my recordings come out just fine.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Your '04 E55 and '06 ES-15 don't have black level issues, I believe it was only the '01 and '02
    That's why I was confused because the author of the tread is from Europe bit he mentioned e60 which may be 02 model. I never found that setting in my dvd recorder and read allot about it

Thanks jjeff
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The E60 is a '03 model. Here is a link to a chart I made over at AVS.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1134909
    Quote Quote