VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've been using DVD Fab but it's expensive so i use the free version. Anyway i bought a regular Blu-Ray player Thursday and sometime in the next few monthsw i might buy an external Blu-Ray Burner and as Fab is expensive to buy,and as DVD Shrink won't read the Blu-Ray files, I was wondering if there was a DVD Shrink like program to shrink the file size of Blu-Ray so it can fit a 25 GB Disc. If there is nothing like that, no problem. Just wondered. please respond as soon as you can. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. BDRebuilder and AVCHDCoder come to mind. But neither can decrypt as DVDShrink can, even though it's outdated and can't handle remotely recent copy protections.

DVDFabHDDecrypter is the only free Blu-Ray decrypter, but updates lag behind the pay version.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  3. well i don't think shrink can read blu-ray files. if it can,no biggie. i have tried using dvd shrink to decrypt and it won't do anything. if i can';t use dvd fab to decrypt, i use dvd decrypter. they don't update either but it does work.
    Quote Quote  
  4. No no, obviously DVDShrink is for DVDs only, otherwise you wouldn't be asking about a *similar* program for Blu-Ray, would you? Similar as in it can remove unwanted audio/subtitle tracks or do a movie only backup.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  5. ok well i assume these 2 programs you linked are free?doesn't indicate you pay,but just thought i'd ask.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Bamahusker View Post
    ok well i assume these 2 programs you linked are free?doesn't indicate you pay,but just thought i'd ask.
    Yes, they are both Freeware (also indicated on the download pages post #2 linked to).
    Quote Quote  
  7. ok n0ow i have a question regarding Blu Ray External Burners. Why after all this time you still see no externals selling in stores? Amazon is about the only one i know of and most are 200 or more.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Use DVDFabHDDecrypter to rip the BR's to the HD and BDrebuilder to shrink em...or AVCHDcoder...Multiavchd can do it also. None of these apps is all-in-one like Dvdshrink.

For external BR drives go here...and another one here.

You have to remember, BR drives pour out gobs of mb's in terms of data and most external stuff is still USB 2.0...when they get more USB 3.0 ext. out there it'll be more popular but USB 2.0 won't cut it at high speeds. You could probably get away with a slow burn but it would be close.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bamahusker View Post
    ok n0ow i have a question regarding Blu Ray External Burners. Why after all this time you still see no externals selling in stores? Amazon is about the only one i know of and most are 200 or more.
    USB 2,0 is the most popular format for external devices but it is not fast enough to stream the amount of data for a BD burn. USB. Although firewire 800 can sustain the speed need to burn bd I suspect manufactures did not create Firewire BD drives as the drive market is primarily dominated by USB.
    Murphy's law taught me everything I know.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Just digging up old threads to spam some crapware that can't even spell Blu for Bluray correctly....
    LOL!!!
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'd suggest MakeMKV and DVDx 4.1

One may say I'm spamming...
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The above poster is the author of DVD x4.1 and promotes his own software in these forums because nobody else here recommends it. His paid software depends on other paid software purchased separately, like MakeMKV, to do the actual Blu-ray decryption. If I recall correctly, his software is subscription based.

There are lower-cost alternatives. MakeMKV can decrypt and convert to MKV on its own, and there is free software that converts from MKV to other formats. If someone already has AnyDVD HD or DVDFabHD Decrypter, BDRebuilder which is free works with Blu-Ray files that are already decrypted.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Starbuck2010 View Post
    I'd suggest MakeMKV and DVDx 4.1

One may say I'm spamming...

Really ?

Did you join just to dig up a 3 year old thread to post 3 times,

Try blue-cloner
    ERRRRRR!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    we are in process sooner or later.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MakeMKV sound like best choice to rip... But then i have to convert to mp4 using something like HandBrake.

is there anything like that or DVDShrink 3.2.00.15 for Blue Ray to rip directly to an MP4 - with AAC or PCM to edit with on Avid System as an mp4 AMA clip?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by theGuruWithin View Post
    MakeMKV sound like best choice to rip... But then i have to convert to mp4 using something like HandBrake.

is there anything like that or DVDShrink 3.2.00.15 for Blue Ray to rip directly to an MP4 - with AAC or PCM to edit with on Avid System as an mp4 AMA clip?
    Maybe:
    Like "BR-Shrink" or "BR-DVD-Cloner" but is better not to depend on any "all-in-One" garbage.
    1.- AnyDVD
    2.- DVDFab-9xxxx is all-in-one, but if you use it only for ripping: It's your best bet.
    3.- MakeMKV
    Last edited by DJ_ValBec; 9th Feb 2015 at 18:04.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like MakeMKV then convert to mp4/ACC with HandBreak would give best quality...
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by theGuruWithin View Post
    Sounds like MakeMKV then convert to mp4/ACC with HandBreak would give best quality...
    Depends on what size copy you want. Best quality while compressing will be achieved using a decrypter to rip the Blu-ray (AnyDVD HD or MakeMKV in Backup mode), then compress to fit a single layer BD-R using BD Rebuilder. Many people want smaller copies than 23gb however.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    are these rental videos or purchased ones?
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  20. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ron spencer View Post
    Seriously ?!?!?!?!

The original post is like 4 years old, and the member who just resurrected it in no way said anything i see that would even suggest he is trying to rip and copy rented blurays......

So you must just be trolling.......
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post
    Seriously ?!?!?!?!

The original post is like 4 years old, and the member who just resurrected it in no way said anything i see that would even suggest he is trying to rip and copy rented blurays......

So you must just be trolling.......
    I was just asking....stop tripping on molly....
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by theGuruWithin View Post
    I use Makemkv to rip the BR to mkv as 1:1
    ...then shrink the mkv as mkv with handbreak
    ...and finally converted to mp4.
    ...or convert to AVCHD & burn "The babies" BR files (.m2ts) in to a DVD-R as HD, with a regular DVD burner or BR burner (wherever fit your needs).

Just my $0.02
    Last edited by DJ_ValBec; 10th Feb 2015 at 14:07.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I was just asking....stop tripping on molly....
    And I was just curious as to what difference it would make ?
    Other than to start the "it is against the forum rules and the law to copy rented DVD's or Blurays" ?!?!
    Seeing as there was no mention of it anywhere until you mentioned it....
    Quote Quote