VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have ported delaycut from MFC to Qt and am at a point to release it as a beta to get others to test it.

Source code is at: https://github.com/athomasm/delaycut

Any feedback, bug reports, requests are welcome.

Version 1.4.1.0
    - Added back CLI support.

Version 1.4.2.0
    -Fix crash for opening file names with Unicode characters.

Version 1.4.3.0
    - Add option to select input type between milliseconds, seconds, frames. Can add both rational values (24000/1001) or decimal (23.976) values in FPS field.
    - Removed debug info being displayed in message box that was accidently left in.
    - Added CLI switches to support new input value types.

Version 1.4.3.1
    - Fix so that delay fields properly accept negative values.
    - Fix for math when using frames as input type.

Version 1.4.3.2. Mirror can be found here.
    - Fix autodelay detection so that it converts ms value in fileName to the selected input type.
    - Fixed bugs in converting values between different input types.
    - Fixed math errors when specifying delay in frames.
    - Fixed bug where output file path wasn't updated when using Save As dialog.

Linux builds can be found here for Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora and OpenSuSE.
    Last edited by amtm; 22nd Nov 2011 at 18:44.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by amtm View Post
    Any feedback, bug reports, requests are welcome.
    When you open a file you see, e.g.,
    "Duration 00:42:18.208"
    -- i.e. in h:m:s.000

But you have to set the time for start and end of cuts in ms.

It would be more consistent to use the same units throughout,.

At least report the duration in seconds as well as hms.
    And preferably start and end times in seconds (not ms) with a decimal point; i.e., instead of 1257 ms. 1.257 s
    This would save me making lots of scratch calculations on the side every time I use this.

That was regarding version 1.2.1.2

I tried your new version, it just aborts: "not a valid Win32 application", which may be due to me running Win2k.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I tried your new version, it just aborts: "not a valid Win32 application", which may be due to me running Win2k.
    Probably since it's no longer listed as a supported platform.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I tried your new version, it just aborts: "not a valid Win32 application", which may be due to me running Win2k.
    Probably since it's no longer listed as a supported platform.
    I suppose since there isn't a list of supported platforms (not mentioned in the README, or anywhere else I can see) , that's technically correct.

Anyway, I was just pointing out that fact that 1.4 does not work in Win2k, where 1.2 does.

Regardless, how about the time format?
    Last edited by AlanHK; 6th Nov 2011 at 00:14.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I suppose since there isn't a list of supported platforms (not mentioned in the README, or anywhere else I can see) , that's technically correct.
    Sorry I wasn't more clear. I was referring to Qt no longer listing Win2k as a supported platform.

Anyway, I was just pointing out that fact that 1.4 does not work in Win2k, where 1.2 does.
    I understand. If Win2k support is something a lot of people still need I can always compile a compatible version.

Regardless, how about the time format?
    I added it to the todo list.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I've finally got ppa packages built for Ubuntu for testing. There are packages for Maverick to Precise that can be found here. Please report any bugs, layout issues or packaging issues you find. This is my first Qt app for Linux and my first time creating deb packages so please excuse any issues as I shake them out.

Right now the window title still says beta 2 even though this package says beta 3 so that is a known issue.

With respect to this running in Win2k I can make a separate build for it if there is demand. Otherwise the current windows exe should work in XP SP2 and higher.
    Quote Quote  
  7. So I noticed the PPAs weren't compiled with the right source. Fixing that now and uploading new packages. I'll update when the new ones are built on launchpad.
    Quote Quote  
  8. PPAs have been updated.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Version 1.4.0.0 available for download here: https://github.com/downloads/athomasm/delaycut/delaycut1.4.0.0.zip

Linux binaries later tonight..
    Quote Quote  
  10. For anyone who cares I have binaries here for Linux. Builds include Debian 5 & 6, Ubuntu 9.10 - 11.10, OpenSuSE 11.3-4, 12.1, Factory and Tumbleweed, and Fedora 15/16.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Version with CLI support back in: https://github.com/downloads/athomasm/delaycut/delaycut1.4.1.0.7z

The support for adding seconds into the delay and cut fields is still on the TODO list. Will be busy the next couple of days so it probably won't be a new version until next week.
    Quote Quote  
  12. BTW Alan, for the support of adding seconds in the fields would you be happy if I implement it where you put an s at the end that it treats it as seconds? That way default behavior doesn't change but you have the option to do both style input.
    Quote Quote  
  13. New version here. Has the selectable input type between milliseconds, seconds, frames. Apparently I forgot to disable a messagebox I was using for decoding so that has been disabled in this version.

Also, there are Linux packages being rebuilt here for anyone interested.
    Last edited by amtm; 21st Nov 2011 at 09:18.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I get a AccessDenied from the github download link.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    BTW Alan, for the support of adding seconds in the fields would you be happy if I implement it where you put an s at the end that it treats it as seconds? That way default behavior doesn't change but you have the option to do both style input.
    Or you could detect if there was a decimal point, even just one at the end, i.e.

120000 or 120. or 120.0 or 120.00 or 120.000 all read as 120000 ms
    So the default integer is the same.
    And as mentioned, please report the input size in whole seconds (or ms), as well as h:m:s:000

I'd appreciate a Win2k build, but if not, c'est la vie.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I'm looking into the link error. It seems to have worked at some point since it says it's been downloaded 12 times. I'll stick it on something like megaupload as a backup for now.

Alan I've implemented it using a dropdown to select input type between ms, sec and frames and when you select between them it will convert to the new units (rounding to the next whole frame when that is selected).
    Quote Quote  
  17. I'm going to have to repost the binary when I get home. I don't know why the download link isn't working.
    Quote Quote  
  18. File reuploaded to github here. Mirror is also here. Added explanation of new CLI switches in the README.txt file.

To clarify, in the FPS field you can also specify rational values like 24000/1001 or just the normal decimal value like 23.976.
    Last edited by amtm; 21st Nov 2011 at 19:51.
    Quote Quote  
  19. New version with some bug fixes can be downloaded here and mirrored here.
    Quote Quote  
  20. New version with more bug fixes. Download here or here.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Nice to see that this fine old software is being worked on again! I wonder if I might add a feature request?

I'd like to add to the cutting possibilities. Right now you can add start and end for what to keep. I'd like an additional "Cut out instead of keep" checkbox. Example:

• I have a 60 s audio file.
    • If I cut it in delaycut today using start=1000 ms and end=9000 ms the output will be a 8 s file.
    • Wanted: If the "Cut out instead of keep" checkbox was checked the resulting file would be 52 s long instead.
    What do you think amtm?

PS. I'm right now trying to sync a dvd audio with some hdtv video and the above functionality would come up handy! DS.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Yeah that would be a useful feature. Added to the TODO list.
    Quote Quote