VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've seen people have streams on livestream.com, use their player but on their website. I know about redirecting but I think it's more than that. They seem to be able to totally change everything.

Basically:
    - My website is www.test.com
    - I want my live streams to be on www.test.com/streaming
    - When you go to that link I want you to see the player and chat, in whatever background I want. Even if it's 100% black. I think the word I'm looking for is embedding?

How do you do this?

I can create a new page through my website. It's just the getting my stream on the site.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    did you even try looking at the options on livestream? like http://www.livestream.com/kstv2012/share

they have a "combo widget" with video and chat. get the embed code for it and put it on your site.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. OH wow haha. Had no idea thanks. Do you have any idea how to play with the location? Say you take one from the link you get me, they give you the code and everything. How would I put that in the center of a page for everyone, not a specific resolution.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Don't expect us to do your coding for your website. Go here to get an idea on how to do it:

http://www.maxdesign.com.au/articles/center/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Check out FlowPlayer (free).

Or even simpler is to use YT and copy/paste the embed code. On the webpage, create a table, then paste the embed code into one of the cells, upload it, and that's it.

You can use FileZilla (free) to manage it.
    Last edited by budwzr; 6th Nov 2011 at 10:37.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Bud, I understood the OP's question as 'how to live stream from his computer'. That is much different from just embeding some code from YT. My apologies to the OP if I misunderstood.
    And he has figured out how to do that but not center it. That requires some knowledge of CSS.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    And he has figured out how to do that but not center it. That requires some knowledge of CSS.
    Oh, well set the table width and height to 100 percent, do a 3X3 table, set the center cell to "center" whatever's in it, then the center cell will always be centered, no matter the screen resolution.

- Poor Man's Version
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    tables are for data
    use a simple div and center it
    Code:
    <div style="text-align: center; margin: auto">
    </div>
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Tables can be used for anything.
    Quote Quote