VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello.
    A few days ago I was asking about converting or demux the .trp files of my CT5000C+, that are HDTV videos made with h264 encoding + 2x ac3 audio.
    Doing several trials to no success, I have this behavior about these files:
    either using MPC-HC H264 DXVA internal filter or ffdshow-tryout DXVA filter, after remuxing the files in .ts or .m2ts or .mkv, when I try to play the file for the first time it stutters/jerks showing regularly from time to time old videoframes, adding to this some blocky corruption somewhere in the current frame, then if i stop it and play it again from the beginning it doesn't stutters/jerks anymore as the first time, so it means that it doesn't show old videoframes regularly, but still shows blocky corruption of the frame, still from time to time;
    using normal ffdshow filter with ffmpeg-mt (for multithreading i guess, that uses my mobile athlon 64 x2 ql-64 dual-core cpu better), the playback is completely error-free, smoothless and perfect.
    I tried to use TSPE (Transport Stream Packet Editor, http://www.bitstreamtools.com/) to analyze the .ts remuxed files (one with only tsremux and another after tsremux+tsmuxer) and I found that it always find 8000+ PTS gaps on the files: I guess it's related on my issue but I'm not sure.
    Another thing that I don't understand is about framerate, it seems that the original framerate is 50Hz interlaced, while the software I used autodetects it as 25Hz (don't know if progressive or not, even tho I guess not): could this flag matter on DXVA decoding?

My final target is to remux my recordings in .mkv without trans/reencoding, but still I need them to be perfect, so I guess I need some software to analyze the h264 stream and fix it to make it DXVA compliant without reencoding it.

Can someone help me? I can't believe that noone has got into this kind of issue

2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I see you already tried VideoReDo TV suite H.264, but did not want to pay for it. Unfortunately, freeware that can edit or convert MPEG-2 and h.264 transport streams and provide the anywhere near the output quality as VideoReDo TV suite H.264 is impossible to find at the moment. If such a thing existed, there would be lots of people replying to your threads to recommend it to you.

I don't know if it will work for your files, but TSSniper is the only freeware H.264 .ts editor I have heard good things about, although it is no longer being maintained, and is not nearly as good as VideoReDo TV suite H.264. Developing software that can work with these types of files and the errors they often contain is undoubtedly quite difficult.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 4th Nov 2011 at 15:30. Reason: left something out by mistake