VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Warning: please, if you don't like this program for whatever the reason do refrain from negative comments over it.

I have been using Xilisoft Video Converter for some time, and it has proved to proved better quality, more precise and more dependable than many others. And I compared its HD conversions to those made with prestigious programs such as Carbon Corder and others.

What I use Xilisoft mostly is to convert HD files: from ts to mkv or from mkv to mkv. In the first case because my BD does not strea or play ts files; on the second case usually to reduce bitrate and size to fit on a DVD DL.

But on this conversion I have been trying these days things are not getting what I want. The size and some other specs are changing from what should be expected, as predicted by the program. These are the two files, original and converted, according to Mediainfo specs.

Can anyone that uses Xilisoft tell me what might be happening?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	comparison.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	9466  

Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It might help to remux the ts to a new m2ts or ts with tsmuxer and then try convert it.
    Or why not use a separate tool for JUST this ts file?

(And xilisoft might be good but I can't touch it because they are %&%&%$ spammers. They have spammed this forum since 2006...)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did try tsmuxer before Xilisoft, because it's a lot quicker.

Sometimes, very rarely, it did the job in the past. But most times it ends up out of sync when I remerge the files with MKVmerge.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong. But as sometimes tsmuxer did work, and I didn't do anything different, it just makes me think there are other problems.

Spamming is bad, and I'm very sorry Xilisoft relies on that.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK. Let me try this problem in a different way. Let's forget Xilisoft.

What can I do to make tsmuxer do what I want it to? That is demuxing files that do not lose the sync link.

Is there other things I should specify or correct when demuxing and remuxing, besides the frame spec that MKVmerge warns about?
    Quote Quote