VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello all

I'm hardly a expert on such things but I have done some simple burning and have things like Nero8 and IM Too DVD Ripper.

Now I have a avi file that has AC3 and have watched the movie on my PC and for sure it has some amount of surround sound and I was just wondering how I could burn it to a disc with that surround sound?

From looking at the programs I'm not sure but will this just do it as the file has that in it, or no?

From as well at looking at the programs all they seem to have is 2 ch audio so I'm guessing no?

If not is there any simple burning program out there that will do this?

Basically looking for a few clicks type of thing here as not to sound rude, but I just don't have the time to deal with a five step or program conversion thing here or some great learning curve.

Thanks for any help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    buy a copy of convertxtodvd, or learn a program like avstodvd(a little harder to set up, but easy enough to use).
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by WBFAir View Post
    for sure it has some amount of surround sound and I was just wondering how I could burn it to a disc with that surround sound
    It either has surround sound or it doesn't. That's like saying she is a little bit pregnant. Run the file through GSpot or MediaInfo and it will tell you what kind of audio it has.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Basically what I meant by saying that is that I have a mulit-channel output from my PC hooked into my surround sound system which was in a direct multi-channel mode, and was just making the point as I watched the movie this way via its current avi source that I did hear sounds traveling from speaker to speaker and as and when they should.

So one, I don't think it was some fake thing via my system and that two, the file defiantly has a surround sound audio.

Basically from my past experience though, when ever I have burned a disk from a file that had that though, it didn't get that on the DVD, so was just looking for a way I could get that on there.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    buy a copy of convertxtodvd, or learn a program like avstodvd(a little harder to set up, but easy enough to use).
    Hey guys, downloaded avstodvd and it was pretty easy.

Went through the basic install and then just went through a few of the basic setup stuff which included making sure the audio was set to AC3 and did a burn and it worked great!

Got some nice surround sound mixing and the disc is playing in all my players.

Great recommendation and many many thanks.
    Quote Quote