VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Mital Patel
    Search Comp PM
    have bought KLV-32BX320 Sony Bravia 32" LCd and it dont shows any movies subtitles weather its hardcoded in mkv or same name .srt as movie name in my HD.

Movie plays well with audio but no subtitle at all.

can someone guide on how to resolve this issue?
    tried Handbreak with diff options to make clips and tried playing but no success.

Please help
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Make real hardcoded subs that are in the video. With for example freemake video converter, xvid4psp, avidemux.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mital Patel
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Make real hardcoded subs that are in the video. With for example freemake video converter, xvid4psp, avidemux.
    Thanks a lotBaldrick for the help.
    tried but seems someway on win and mac both avidemux crashing a lot and freemake video converter says 3hours to re-encode entire movie to test weather its working or not and also crashing a lot too.

Any other way to do hardsub in mkv ?
    i've some files softsubbed .mkv and some without sub mkv for which i downloaded .srt matching up with audio.

now that i have LCD i wanted to use hardsub as i suppose the tv isnt supporting softsub's

please guide.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe format factory. But I have not tried the subtitle feature in it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mital Patel
    Search Comp PM
    ok will try it out. today i've talked to the people from sony customer care and they told me to send their engineer. though they're also not sure about the subtitles here in india.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mital Patel
    Search Comp PM
    Dear baldrick,

Thanks a ton for the new suggestion. it worked and it hardsubbed.
    what i did was with mkvextractorGUI i extrected the .srt subtitles from mkv and then with format factory i remuxed it and it worked on my tv.

i tried every possible thing to test avidemux but on all the pc it crashes while loading mkv so cant go ahead.

now that i solved one issue.
    it seems my tv isnt support 5.1ch with USB attached. and so i am converting audio to mp3 2ch 48000 320kbps but somehow i have to expand my tv volume to 100 to listen.

is there any way i can enhance audio as well while re-encoding ?

my tv supporting for mkv audio format is

PCM / MPEG1 Layer1, 2 / MP3 /
    MPEG2 AAC (2ch) /
    MPEG4 AAC (2ch) /
    MPEG4 HE-AAC (2ch) /
    Dolby Digital (2ch) /
    WMA v8

any suggestions plz ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. You can adjust the MP3 loudness (after it's been created) using MP3Gain. You may have to experiment with various settings to find the final volume you like. Try the default 89 first, but I changed mine to 92. Open the MP3 before muxing, and then go 'Track Analysis' followed by 'Track Gain'. Then mux the changed MP3 into the video.

And one way to adjust the loudness when creating the MP3 audio in the first place is to use BeSweet and its Pregain and Normalize settings. You didn't say how you were making your MP3, so we can't advise on how to do it within whatever program you're using now.
    Quote Quote