VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Sorry but I didn't see a heading for decrypting!

I've got a program I recorded (Wimdows Media Center) on 9/11 from MSNBC and it appears to be protected. (Go figure! I can record Showtime but not lousy MSNBC!)

Anyway, I would like to burn it to keep with my 9/11 memorabilia but I can't find a decrypter. I need something to lift the protection in either the dvr-ms format or mpeg-2 (as I was able to convert to this format just in case I could get a decrypter for it there!)

I'm not looking to sell material, just trying to get a copy of something I would like to keep for the future.

Thanks in advance for any help with this. I've looked at numerous converters, etc., but none of them will remove the protection on the file...some will work with DVD but doesn't seem to work here. I've used several of these programs successfully either with DVDs or non-protected .dvr-ms files. In case you need to know, my non-protected routine is to use DVDVideoSoft to convert to DVD files, DVD Shrink to fit on the DVD and ImgBurn to create the DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried DVRMSToolbox?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I used DVRMStoMPEG to get it to MPEG but the folder for DVRMSToolbox is full of executables that merely popup a DOS box and don't give me an application. For editing commercials, I use DVREdit and it is wonderful and easy....it just wasn't getting around the encryption. I did discover that, when converted to mpeg, the video hangs up for 2 minutes while the audio goes on. What I did then was to go back to the dvr format and, using dvredit, cut just before the 30 second show time (where it starts to hand) and edit out that little wedge. It worked BUT, when I converted to DVD the audio is fine at the "clip" but, by the end of the 50 min show, the audio is off about a second. It's been such a pain that I just left it that way. It wasn't "nice" but it's good enough considering the HOURS I've spent trying to get this to work, in addition to the fact that these are programs I recorded on 9/11 and have been working at since!

I'll look into the DVRMSToolbox again but the folder was a real mess.
    Quote Quote