VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Basically I was an idiot and I've been converting a ton of video to h264 .avi format, mp3 audio. Then I realized that, for whatever reason, the PS3- my main media player- doesn't recognize h264 .avi files.

So I need to convert this ton of video to h264 .mp4 format. I'd REALLY like to do it without re-encoding, and a program (GUI or command line) that could do it with either batch encoding or with wildcards set would be really great.

I tried mucking with ffmpeg earlier, but the Windows Command Line Interface kept crashing. MeGUI doesn't have any real batch processing (and I have a ton of files to do, and it won't just copy the stream). I'm at my wits' end. I've been all over the internet trying different avi to mp4 programs, but the handful that work take forever and I end up with a much larger file size. Help?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try mp4box
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, looks like this'll work! Still have to convert all the audio- I muxed a test file with the mp3 audio and for some reason got no audio on my PS3, but I'll just dump it to aac one way or the other and call it a day. Thanks!
    Quote Quote