VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Am I completely blind or is there no way to output both m2v and ac3 with a single click of the Render As dialog? Can someone point me in the right direction? I can't be the only one that wants to use ac3 sound encoding with mpeg2 video, yet the only option I can find is to output mpeg with mpa audio. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

- Smells_Like_Feet
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    correct mpeg-2 encoders can only make m2v video and mpa audio. make your ac-3 audio with the dolby digital ac-3 encoder. authoring programs want separate streams anyway.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I kind of figured that this was the case, but what doesn't make sense to me is that mpa is not a valid DVD audio encoding. My understanding is that DVD requires either PCM or AC3 audio and if I choose to render to elementary streams why not allow the encoder to render the audio (to AC3) immediately following the m2v render. I mean Vegas has templates that are marked for DVD Architect, but does not allow that template to make use of the Dolby Digital encoder for an elementary stream output... It's just a pet-peeve of mine with respect to Vegas.

- Smells_Like_Feet
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Smells_Like_Feet View Post
    ...but what doesn't make sense to me is that mpa is not a valid DVD audio encoding.
    Yes, it is. For PAL DVD.
    My understanding is that DVD requires either PCM or AC3 audio
    Your understanding is wrong.
    ...and if I choose to render to elementary streams why not allow the encoder to render the audio (to AC3) immediately following the m2v render.
    Who cares? Just do as aedipuss suggests.
    Quote Quote