VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Was watching Goldeneye in HD for the first time and noticed this on a fighter jet screen:
    Name:  goldeneye_fighter_04.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  7.4 KB
    Code:
    ORDENANCE STATUS:
    HOMERS --------- NOMINAL
    AIR TO AIR ----- NOMINAL
    AIR TO GROUND -- NOMINAL
    WATER BALLOONS - READY

Full frame:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	goldeneye_fighter_03.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	9377

Well *I* found it amusing anyway

Couldn't see this one listed anywhere. Anyone else spotted any subtle easter eggs? The more obscure, the better.

More importantly, when is Goldeneye coming to Blu-ray? MGM/UA - stop milking the franchise quite so obviously, please.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    [confused] I thought an 'Easter Egg' was a hidden extra on a dvd and not something spotted from a tv screening.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    [confused] I thought an 'Easter Egg' was a hidden extra on a dvd and not something spotted from a tv screening.
    I wondered if I was using the right term, but Wikipedia confirms it can be used in this context - link.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok. Not really worth arguing over but as the feature is not hidden it is not really an 'egg' - all the items in your link refer to 'hidden' features.

This is more of a visual joke but I doubt, due to the size of the display, if anyone would ever spot it even on the largest cinema screen. Correction: You did.

It is a bit like typing '71O77345'. I will leave you to work that one out. (clue: only works efficiently on an old-style calculator)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is more of a visual joke but I doubt, due to the size of the display, if anyone would ever spot it even on the largest cinema screen. Correction: You did.
    I too doubt people would spot it on a first viewing - being absorbed by the plot, etc. I only noticed on repeat viewing, which until recently was a standard definition DVD which obviously lacked the resolution.

It is a bit like typing '71O77345'. I will leave you to work that one out. (clue: only works efficiently on an old-style calculator)
    SHELLOIL, of course
    Quote Quote