VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, hope this is not a duplicate question. I am using Windows Vista SP2.

I am outside the UK using the "Expat Shield VPN" program to access Channel 4 Youtube programs and the BBCIplayer.
    I am trying to save content such as http://www.youtube.com/show/wifeswap?s=11 (channel 4 programs on youtube)

DVD Videosoft FreeYoutubeDownloader:

With links of individual videos it says "not available in your country". This is strange, the VPN gives a UK IP which works for every other purpose and shows when using whatsmyip sites. Under "learn more" it says "embedding disabled by request".

With links to a series such as that above, it says "RTMP protocol is not currently supported", bioth as an initil error message and under "learn more".

StreamTransport:

When playing the video it detects the first ad at the start. It does not detect further video, not by clicking on the playing video either.

KeepVid Website:

It identifies the individual video from a direct link, but what saves is a 1kb website document saying "404 not found".

Browser is firefox 3.0.4 which plays the videos without the ads. Have also tried updating to 7.0.1
    In both cases, the firefox videodownload helper addon does not detect the actual program video.

I normally use thr DVD Videosoft youtube downloader and have never had a problem.

I assume the problem with the videos I can't download is that they can't be emdedded and that they are not simply one video but start with ads which (apart from the old firefox version) always appear and can't be skipped.
    I assume the VPN isn't a problem as it enables access when viewing without issue.
    However I'm a beginner with these questions and don't know what else to try and am basically experimenting with things I have no understanding of.

What can I do to download these videos, with or without the ads?

Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Replay Media Catcher or GetFLV might work better. Not free though.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Use latest version of firefox, with latest videodownloadhelper. It has a screen capture utility that works well, if all else fails.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for your replies.

RTMPExplorer loads the video ok, but the command line responds:

RTMP Server 2.4 git-6230845 2011-9-25
    (c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu; license: GPL

Streaming on rtmp://0.0.0.0:1935
    WARNING: Trying different position for client digest!

rtmpdump -r "rtmp://77.67.21.94/ondemand/?_fcs_vhost=cp53221.edgefcs.net&plid="
    -a "ondemand/?_fcs_vhost=cp53221.edgefcs.net&plid=" -f "WIN 11,0,1,152" -W "http
    ://s.ytimg.com/yt/swfbin/watch_as3-vflij1Qdg.swf" -p "http://www.youtube.com/wat
    ch?v=gFbRAtAOxYc&feature=sh_e_se&list=SL" -y "mp4:h264/CON-LITT001-040_4OD.mp4"
    -o CON-LITT001-040_4OD.flv

Closing connection... done!

Duplicate request, skipping.

It does nothing else, it looks like that regardless of the video attempted.

Have (re)installed Firefox 7.0.1
    Installed Videodownloadhelper. Works fine with "normal" youtube sites, does not detect video on channel 4 youtube sites.

The screencatcher says it requires another addon, CS Helper.

This, in turn, comes up with an error that it can't be installed because it's not compatible with Firefox 7.0.1.

Is there a problem with my firefox? If not, which versions does it work with an where can I get them?
    I only have the old 3.0.4 install file from 2008 and a new install doesn't seem to give an option of a version before 7.0.1.
    Is there software which does the same thing for IE or Safari?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by HernyD View Post
    It does nothing else, it looks like that regardless of the video attempted.
    Hi
    Your RTMPDump command works OK, but it is only a 40s 58ms advert. Not the whole show.
    Look here ---> http://pastebin.com/4RAjt0nM

When I tried using RTMPExplorer with Windows I got similar results as you.
    Look here ---> http://pastebin.com/6Xu1hkX5

Maybe RTMPDump/RTMPExplorer can't get these 4 OD videos from YouTube.
    Quote Quote  
  6. You cant save RTMPE streams (videos) from the likes of YouTube etc.
    And Replay Media Catcher wont help either.

UK TV content (entire programmes) on YouTube (e.g. official Channel 5, Channel 4/4OD channels) is Encrypted.
    Last edited by mike20021969; 28th Oct 2011 at 18:52.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i always downloaded youtube videos from www.keepvid.com
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Replay Video Capture. But the video wont look good...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks again. The replay video capture demo only records 2 minutes of video, will consider buying it. In the interim it seems I'll have to try to find a slightly older version of firefox so that the addon CS Helper works with Videodownloadhelper.

Interesting that the channel 4 content etc. is encrypted in such a way that no program seems able to download it. I assume it's the same with BBC Iplayer because I haven't been able to make that work either. (I know some programs there can be downloaded, but they're time limited.)
    Quote Quote