VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Please help. I have the surround sound version of this dvd player and have read the hack and tried it lots of times but am unable to get the hidden menu up to change the region to 0. Has anybody got any ideas or help. Newbie to this and would really love some help. Thanks
    Last edited by byrnech; 26th Oct 2011 at 15:14. Reason: original txt not clear
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Making a copy of the DVD would be easier. If the hack no longer works....it no longer works.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for that , but I'm trying to get a hack to make this system region free,, Any advice will be gratefully accepted, Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It doesn't matter how many times you edit your post.....the simplest answer to a DVD player that cannot be hacked is to copy the disc(if you are in a PAL country.....which you are). Nobody here makes DVD hacks.....people just come here to report on hacks.....and unfortunately many people get their jollies reporting what appear to be fake hacks....or they post a hack that only works on a player that started life with a different region setting than your own(that happens quite often).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The edit you refer to was to insert the word player after the word dvd as I believed that you incredibly had misunderstood the question.. Well as you put it yourself, you are a YANK so that is very plausible.. The question remains the same, I dont want to burn another dvd, copy another dvd or do anything with a dvd, I simply want to make this dvd player region free. There are lots of posts on this website and others advising how to do it however it has not worked for me. My question was made in the hope that someone somewhere might be able to help, not add smart (that doesnt meen intelligent) comments that have absolutely zero relevance to the original question. If you cant help or cannot even understand the question why waste your time even commenting.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by byrnech View Post
    The edit you refer to was to insert the word player after the word dvd as I believed that you incredibly had misunderstood the question.. Well as you put it yourself, you are a YANK so that is very plausible.. .
    Well "Yanks" have it twice as hard as you. All you need to do is defeat the "region code" barrier. Yanks need to do that PLUS they need to overcome the PAL Video format issue(which American TVs cannot display). Not many people here are going to lend you a sympathetic ear when it comes to you only needing to do half of the work as they do.
    The fact of the matter does not change.....without a region hack for your player....the next best, easiest(and frankly....ONLY) way around the problem is a simple, inexpensive copy of the disc.
    You can keep banging your head against the wall(IE..... keep punching the same ineffective numbers into your player's remote), or you could be watching your movie by now. Your choice.
    Quote Quote