VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm about to shoot and edit a school play in HD. I will edit with premiere cs4. The question is what format to output to.

For distribution, I want to put the video clips on youtube, and also offer them for download so people not only can play them on their computers, but can also easily transfer them to their smart phones or tablets (iphone, ipad, android phones, android tablets, and optionally windows phones).

Is there one format I can encode to from premiere that satisfies all the above? If not, what are the minimum number of video formats I need to offer for each video clip?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Probably MP4 with h264 video and AAC audio. Video size/resolution around 960x540 or 640x360 (16:9 video).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by videdit View Post
    I'm about to shoot and edit a school play in HD. I will edit with premiere cs4. The question is what format to output to.

For distribution, I want to put the video clips on youtube, and also offer them for download so people not only can play them on their computers, but can also easily transfer them to their smart phones or tablets (iphone, ipad, android phones, android tablets, and optionally windows phones).

Is there one format I can encode to from premiere that satisfies all the above? If not, what are the minimum number of video formats I need to offer for each video clip?
    Every time video is re-encoded, there is loss. You-tube re-encodes what you send them so it is better to use near the highest bit rate they will accept to get quality to the screen. The max bit rate you can use for Youtube depends on the length of the clip.

Same goes for re-encoding your file to various mobile devices. If you expect the user to do it themselves, you need to give them adequate bit rate in your distribution file.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote