VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I own a Panasonic HDC-SD600 and I record 1080p 50fps.

About half of the AVCHD recordings won’t play back. I get told “an error occured” and “the picture file may be corrupted” (this is in Panasonic’s HD Writer software).

Funny thing is all these faulty recordings play fine on the camcorder itself. They will also usually play with KMPlayer, but I can’t watch it in KMPlayer because it plays back at a slow speed (not sure why as it only uses about 13% CPU).

Please can someone help me?
    Last edited by Gameshow Host; 25th Oct 2011 at 08:51.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What are your system specs? What is the codec and wrapper being used by the camcorder? It's likely not AVCHD at 1080 50p. If the files play in the camera then they are likely OK. Something is happening on your computer. Try a different player like VLC.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by magillagorilla View Post
    What are your system specs?
    OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    GRAPHICS CARD: Sapphire ATI Radeon 4670 HD 750Mhz 512MB PCI-Express DVI (Ultimate Edition)
    CPU: Intel Quad Core i7 860 2.80GHz
    RAM: Crucial 6GB (3 x 2GB) PC3-10600 1333MHz RAM CL9 Unbuffered NON-ECC 1.5V 256Meg x 64
    HARD DRIVE: Seagate 2tb ST32000542AS
    MOTHERBOARD: ASUS P7P55D iP55 — 8 channel audio ATX

Originally Posted by magillagorilla View Post
    What is the codec and wrapper being used by the camcorder?
    The file info says:
    Format: BDAV, Video Format: AVC, and the file extension is .m2ts

The manual says:
    Recording Format: 1080 / 50p : MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
    Last edited by Gameshow Host; 28th Oct 2011 at 08:42.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Gameshow Host - A man goes to a doctor. He uses his right hand to poke his left arm and he says "Doc, it hurts ever time I do this. What can I do?" The doctors says "Stop doing that!". Think about it. Seriously. Hint - maybe the Panasonic writer software program you're using is crap.
    Quote Quote