VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is it possible to shrink it to BD25 keeping all features, 3D, menus and languages as we do in 2D using BD-Rebuilder or DVDFab?
    Also after shrinking it to BD25 keeping everything is it possible yet to add a subtitle to it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Not likely. Here's why:

The 3D cannot be reasonably (or at all?) shrunk with any known consumer tools, and IT (the 3D) is what is making the size so large as to need it to be on a BD50 in the 1st place.
    Any non-trivial modification of a BD3D ISO would either completely LOSE the 3D, or make it unusable (real modification would require re-authoring AND re-encoding the 3D, with $$$$ Professional tools).

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 27th Oct 2011 at 14:24.
    Quote Quote  
  3. what about this tutorial with a feature included in the new version of DVDFab? http://www.dvdfab.com/blu-ray-copy/how-to-copy-blu-ray-3d-bd-50-to-sbs-3d-bd-25.htm

are the image results in 3D are the same as the original or it will loses something?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Do you see where they say "SBS"? That means they're re-encoding in Side-by-Side format (NOT MVC FullHD BD3D format).

This means that:
    1. They are re-encoding from MVC --> AVC
    2. They're going from 2 FULL images of 1920x1080 to 1 image of 1920x1080 composed of the left half side of the image using the original Full Left image squeezed anamorphically in 1/2, and the right half side of the image using the original Full Right image squeezed anamorphically in 1/2.

IOW, the quality is less than 1/2 (1/2 for the squeeze, and a little more loss due to re-encoding).

AND,

it is no longer a true "BD3D", but is now a Standard 2D Blu-ray disc, that you are going to have to MANUALLY set your 3DTV to 3D mode in order to see things correctly.

Just like I said originally...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for the details, after ripping it to SBS 3D, can i add subtitle to it normally in tsmuxer or i should do something else to add subtitle?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    As long as it's formatted correctly (tsmuxer accepts SRT and M2TS presentation graphics streams), you should be able to add subs in TSMuxer like normal.
    In a sense, a SbS Bluray is "3D" in name only. Unless properly understood by the display (when manually activated), it is for all (other) intents and purposes just a regular 2D Blu-ray disc.

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 24th Oct 2011 at 01:27.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Is this still impossible? i see on internet some illegal copies of shrink-ed 3D movies to BD25, how did they managed to do it?
    They are keeping the main movie with a home made menu but it works apparently.

I saw also somewhere that they are using Scenarist BD 3D to do it but this program seems so hard to deal with.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I wouldn't trust any illegally distributed 3d movies to be encoded properly since they use warez apps.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Although they are illegally made but they seems to be working for those who grabbed them, the point is how they managed to do it? :/
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by danswano View Post
    I saw also somewhere that they are using Scenarist BD 3D to do it but this program seems so hard to deal with.
    I can't make menus with it (menus have be done manually including creating your own screens outside of Scenarist) but I learned how to use Scenarist to make DVDs and HD-DVDs. Scenarist is insanely hard to deal with unless you have training. It's not very intuitive or user friendly. They're probably using Scenarist BD 3D because it may be one of the very few authoring apps that can correctly handle BD 3D.
    Quote Quote  
  11. So what's the secret? does that app can shrink those ~40 g.b 3D files to fit on BD25?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Steps involved to do shrinking 3D BD50 to 3D BD25 RIGHT:
    1. Decrypt & Rip 3DBD 50 to Harddrive. It will balloon in size from ~50GB to ~75GB (or similar proportions if the original was somewhat smaller)
    2. Demux the SSIF file into components: Main (L) M2TS, Derived M2TS
    3. Decode Main M2TS (using AVC codec) to Left view (uncompressed), put in buffer
    4. Decode Derived M2TS (using MVC codec) to Derived view in 2nd buffer, compare 2 buffers and apply changes from 2nd buffer to 1st buffer to create Right view, put into 3rd buffer
    5. If necessary (temporarily?), create separate L + R files using codec? (maybe h.264 or lossless on both?)
    6. Re-encode both 1st & 3rd buffers (or separate files) using AVC (1st) and MVC (3rd) codecs, but this time using lower quality levels
    7. Take resulting files (h.264 + derivedview) and reauthor/remux into M2TS files
    8. ReInterleave M2TS files into SSIF file(s)+rest of BD structure
    9. Reburn to new disc
    Currently, there is no single software that does ALL this.

Combinations of DVDFab's 3DBD ripper/3DBDBuster and Scenarist 3DBD(+MVC encoder)/SonyVegasPro10-11 can get it done, but none of these ways are cheap, or fast, and NONE are without a couple levels of QUALITY LOSS.
    ...And that's not even counting the difficulties with subtitles or menus...

All other methods are really NOT creating true 3DBDs, they're creating 2D BDs that have a picture layout that is conducive to working with 3DTVs (when MANUALLY ENGAGED). Invariably, additional quality loss incurs.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thanks for the steps dude, i will try them asap.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes.
    Last edited by addu; 2nd Sep 2012 at 15:12.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by addu View Post
    yes.
    Why you edited your post?

Originally Posted by addu View Post
    u can do it but u have to build it with new menus and the simple procedure is to bring into powerdirector10 ultra and choose bd25 and u will get what u want.
    is it possible with powerdirector or not?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    definitely but we require beforehand a good 3d muxer and the rest job will be done fast by smart rendering the material thru powerdirector 10 ultra. I will show u later on how to do it but 3d muxer is must rest all the tools are currently available to do the job.
    Quote Quote  
  17. So it's useless for now!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    vcompress pro encoder has m2ts out but has got compatability issues and they are working on that with there tsmuxer. Hope it is resolve soon so we can enjoy making our own brand of 3d.
    Quote Quote  
  19. With dvdfab you can shrink 3D movies to BD25(MVC). The result is good but the video freezes from time to time. I hope this problem is resolved soon.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Steps involved to do shrinking 3D BD50 to 3D BD25 RIGHT:
    1. Decrypt & Rip 3DBD 50 to Harddrive. It will balloon in size from ~50GB to ~75GB (or similar proportions if the original was somewhat smaller)
    2. Demux the SSIF file into components: Main (L) M2TS, Derived M2TS
    3. Decode Main M2TS (using AVC codec) to Left view (uncompressed), put in buffer
    4. Decode Derived M2TS (using MVC codec) to Derived view in 2nd buffer, compare 2 buffers and apply changes from 2nd buffer to 1st buffer to create Right view, put into 3rd buffer
    5. If necessary (temporarily?), create separate L + R files using codec? (maybe h.264 or lossless on both?)
    6. Re-encode both 1st & 3rd buffers (or separate files) using AVC (1st) and MVC (3rd) codecs, but this time using lower quality levels
    7. Take resulting files (h.264 + derivedview) and reauthor/remux into M2TS files
    8. ReInterleave M2TS files into SSIF file(s)+rest of BD structure
    9. Reburn to new disc
    Currently, there is no single software that does ALL this.

Combinations of DVDFab's 3DBD ripper/3DBDBuster and Scenarist 3DBD(+MVC encoder)/SonyVegasPro10-11 can get it done, but none of these ways are cheap, or fast, and NONE are without a couple levels of QUALITY LOSS.
    ...And that's not even counting the difficulties with subtitles or menus...

All other methods are really NOT creating true 3DBDs, they're creating 2D BDs that have a picture layout that is conducive to working with 3DTVs (when MANUALLY ENGAGED). Invariably, additional quality loss incurs.

Scott
    Hello, this is very relevant to my interests.

You really seem like you know what you're talking about!
    I happen to own both DVDFab's 3DBD ripper and Sony Vegas Pro 11, and this is almost exactly what I want to accomplish.

For now, I store my 3DBD movies in an older generation of MVC. I use makeMKV to extract only the main movie, english audio and english subs. I end up with a single 3D MKV file with a size of about 35GB and zero loss in quality.

However, hard drives quickly fill up, and since there's really little point in storing exact copies of blurays I already own, I've been searching for a way to compress these files.

Well. 3D MKV is proving to be more or less of a dead end. On the other hand, the MVC standard only seems to be growing! I figured, if I could replicate the steps you mentioned, I could instead of step 9 simply run my "low quality" 3D MVC BD through makeMKV, and end up with the same practical single 3D mkv file but smaller in size (and quality ofc).

My question: How can "Combinations of DVDFab's 3DBD ripper/3DBDBuster and Scenarist 3DBD(+MVC encoder)/SonyVegasPro10-11" get it done?

Thanks
    Quote Quote