VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hey

what speed is the best for blu-ray ??

on the disc it says: 6x speed vitesse ??
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I refuse to burn DVD or BD above 4x. Others have different opinions on faster burning. Basically the better quality discs you use, the faster you can burn them. The lower quality your discs, the slower you should burn them. I did some tests with DVD media and Nero and I saw that for the same media, the faster I burned it, the more "errors" showed up in a disc scan. I don't crap my pants if it takes more than 15 minutes to burn something. I actually have things I can do in life while a disc is burning so I'd rather burn at a slower speed and hopefully get a better burn than rush through it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Sounds smart atm, im burning with 6x, hoping its going to work.. i did a big mistake. i burned a BD with 2x... and my BD player couldnt read it... waste of expensive BD disc xD
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Depends on the brand and specification of the media you use and probably your burner. I use Verbatim BD-R 25GB 4X media and just let Imgburn set the speed. It averages out to about 4X, but the burn speed changes during the burn. No problems with 100+ burns. But I don't have a BD set top player and I don't burn to BD format, just MKV. I have a Pioneer BDR-203 burner that maxes out a 8X.

And sometimes burning very slow, 1X, 2X, can cause problems as the burner may not be designed to run that slow. I have seen this with DVD burns, but never tried a BD burn at a very slow speed.

But I agree with jman98 that burning, at least BDs, at 4X would be the safest. But I also find that Imgburn makes fairly good decisions with burn speeds, IF you use good media.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    hi. im using verbatim discs, 25 gb 6x.
    but the speed i tried with was 2x and 6x none of them worked.
    my burner is: http://www.pricerunner.dk/pl/45-2580935/Optiske-drev/LG-BH10LS30-CD-RW-DVD-RW-(-R-DL)-...menlign-Priser
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    @Trigarr
    Verbatim makes two distinctly different types of blu ray media. Are yours LTH or the ones with the regular, inorganic recording layer?

I stick to the regular disks personally, and burn at 4x.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Kerry is right. You might be faced with compatibility issues if you use the cheaper LTH media. I usually burn my discs at the rated speed (if it is a 6x disc, I burn it at 6x), unless your computer is too slow and can't handle the fast data flow.
    Quote Quote