VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Cinepack also reduces color to ~15 bits. You get very obvious posterization artifacts.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yeah, that's a deal-breaker in my book.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks guys, I used x264vfw and it worked very well and completed the whole conversion in about 6 or 7 hours. I intend to save the final version on my Tvix for playback to my 55D7000.

So result is that the conversion process went smoothly. The output file was smaller than the original. The output video is 1920 X 2160. The sad news however is that the TV refuses to play it as well and so does my Tvix.

It seems like anything beyond 1920 X 1080 would not be supported by these digital TVs. So I guess to keep the file in a media box in SBS or Top Bottom one would have to stick to Half SBS or so.

What should I try next ? Should I convert to 2x 1920 X 540 ? Should I use the current video (with added borders) or should I use the original video ? I hope the borders wont mess with the Top Bottom 3D playback.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes HalfSbS (or Half T/B), yes with the added borders. Remember - standards-friendly.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by alphauby View Post
    I used x264vfw... The output video is 1920 X 2160. The sad news however is that the TV refuses to play it as well and so does my Tvix... It seems like anything beyond 1920 X 1080 would not be supported by these digital TVs.
    That's why I suggested two image side by side in a 1920x800 frame earlier. Some devices won't play a 1920x800 video. Or if they do play it they will stretch the vertical to 1080 lines. Some will play it properly. You need to see what your TV and Tvix can handle. If they don't handle 1920x800 properly you'll have to to pad the frame with black borders to 1080 lines.

So your choices are 960x800 x2 horizontally, 1920x400 x2 vertically, or either of those padded with black borders to 1920x1080 (and note, in the latter case you need to pad each frame to 1920x540 before stacking).

It's also possible your TV doesn't like h.264 video in an AVI container. Try some tests with the "VirtualDub Hack" (aka, packed bitstream) enabled and disabled. Also try remuxing the AVI into an MP4 or MKV container.
    Last edited by jagabo; 4th Dec 2011 at 07:26.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hooray !!!!

I just added the option line to the earlier script VerticalReduceBy2 and it made a 1920X1080 (T/B) Video with the Pads added and it works fantastic !!!

I remuxed it to mkv and it plays very well and the 3D perspective is amazing.

Thanks for all the great help guys !!!! I am a happy man !!!

I have two questions running in my mind, It would be useful to know the answers to these ...
    (1) Is there any difference in the 3D perspective in Frame Sequential, SBS and TB ? Or they all look the same when played ?
    (2) When we wrote the following lines in the script, how did we make the selection ?
    Left = Crop(Padded, 0,0,-1920,0)
    Right = Crop(Padded, 1920,0,0,0)

Is it Crop (Variable, x,x,y,y) .... how did the selection work out ? what is 0,0 coordinate on the screen ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by alphauby View Post
    Is it Crop (Variable, x,x,y,y) .... how did the selection work out ? what is 0,0 coordinate on the screen ?
    See http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Crop and this post.
    0,0 is top left of screen.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by alphauby View Post
    (1) Is there any difference in the 3D perspective in Frame Sequential, SBS and TB ?
    As was pointed out earlier, keeping more horizontal resolution retains more depth granularity (not total depth).
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi,

I have a 3D Blu-Ray rip that I can create with MakeMKV. It has a H264(MVC) in the MKV file.

How can I convert this to a SBS encoded file I can play? Anyone got an example process to do this?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote