VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I just bought Batman Arkham City last night. Great game only half hour in right now.

It has the Trioviz infinicolor 3d mode available on it. I don't have the new infinicolor glasses yet. I have the magenta/green glasses but those apparently don't work on this new iteration of that spectrum.

This is apparently a better anaglyph 3d format with less color fading. I was surprised when I turned it on and barely saw any picture splitting that you see on traditional magenta/green anaglyph. And I was disappointed the magenta/green glasses I do have apparently don't work with it.

================================

Can you convert sbs video to infinicolor with avisynth?

===============================

Is this avaiable to do? I was given a lot of guidance here to do the traditional 3d conversion to normal anaglyph. Is there a procedure for converting to this enhanced anaglyph mode?

Also I don't have the glasses yet. I saw they were 30.00 on the official trioviz website for the hard plastic more permanent glasses (not paper ones). I was hoping to get to Best Buy or Blockbuster this weekend and see if I can get some paper versions for testing before spending that much.

Any advice is appreciated.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    TrioViz/Inficolor3D is a patented (or pending) process, so a look at the patents site should reveal how it works at least.

It's likely a variation of "Optimized Anaglyph" where the colors are pre-corrected so that the combined L+R color is truer to what was intended, even though the L or the R color may look "OFF". Plus, the wavelength of the filters don't seem to match normal/true Green + Magenta (you've already found out, it seems). If somebody finds out what those adjustment coefficients are, and what the filter wavelengths are, it would be quite simple to modify existing optimized anaglyph AVISYNTH scripts to work with this.

Of course, they could have just used existing optimized anaglyph encoding, but then they wouldn't have been able to patent it and charge for the licensing and glasses!
    I'm still betting that Green+Magenta will still do a decent job though, even if the color is slightly off.

If you wait long enough, I'd bet that Stereoscopic Player will license the decode+encode from TriOviz and have that as an option in an update. Then you would be able to cross-convert it in real-time to regular anaglyph, LC shutterglasses, etc.

I'll let you know if I find anything about it...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the info cornucopia.

I'm gonna try for cheaper paper glasses at the stores this weekend.

I may just buy the glasses full price however. Reason being Assassins Creed Revelations will also be in that 3d mode. That will be worth the money for the cutscenes alone.

According to the wikepedia page it showed the two color spectrums for green/magenta and infinicolor and the layout was different. I don't know how accurate that is and I don't really know what it means. It may have just been a simple visualization to show the differences not what they actually are.

-------------------

Fyi I am pretty happy with the green/magenta conversions you guys helped me out with earlier this year. I was just thinking it would be worth redoing again if infinicolor turned out to be better (of course I still own the blurays, duh!)

Originally Posted by cornucopia
    modify existing optimized anaglyph AVISYNTH scripts to work with this.
    What are these optimized settings? Which glasses are required for them? I'd be interested in experimenting on short clips with those settings if I can use my existing glasses - or if the requried glasses can be had for cheap - paper versions nat..
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well I finally got the glasses. I got the used copy of Batman Arkham Asylum at gamestop but they had the glasses in them that were still wrapped unused.

I used it with Arkham City and Assassins Creed Revelations. Very impressive!

It doesn't have the ghosting that the normal trioviz green/magenta glasses have - those are ok but this inficolor is definitely better.

I got the game for just over 16.00 so it was half the price of the hard glasses trioviz.com is selling them for. Yes they are paper glasses but I didn't see myself spending 30.00 for them.

-----------------------------------------

I'll have to look around the net to see if there are avisynth scripts for the inficolor 3d mode. It is definitely more impressive than the magenta/green conversions I had done. If I can get them closer to the quality of these video games I will be more satisfied and might be more 3d bluray movies and do the conversions.

If anyone has a link please post it. Thanks.

-------------------------------------

As a side are there any places online that have downloadable "true" 3d trailers in side by side format for this conversion? I don't want to have to re-rip my 3d blurays to just do a test with a script. I don't have any of my 3d bluray rips anymore and it would take a while and 25-40 odd gbs of space just to do a script test for a minute of video.

I suppose I could try downloading some youtube videos in 3d but I'm not sure how "reliable" they are for this test I want to do with actual bluray source material.

Thanks for any advice or links.
    Quote Quote