VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have an MPEG 2 with 2 channel AC3 audio. I demux with TS Muxer to get an MPV file and an AC3 file.
    I then saved the MPV file in DGIndex to get a D2V file. I then ran the D2V file through HC Encoder to get my new MPV file. The original video is in sync however after I run the D2V file through HC Encoder (whether via an AviSynth script or not) the resulting M2V file once remuxed with the AC3 audio - the audio is out of sync. The audio is out of sync from about the 44th minute and onwards.

Both the original video and the new video are exactly the same length:
    Original MPEG2 before I demuxed it to get MPV for HC Encoder gives: 1:17:44.11 (hours, minutes, seconds, frames)
    MPV (from HC Encoder) + AC3 TS file gives: 1:17:44.11

If I don't demux the MPEG 2 first via TSMUxer to get an MPV and AC3 file and instead use DGIndex to demux then the end result is that the whole file has the audio out of sync.

It's definitely DGIndex that's causing the problem.

The original MPEG2 file is DVD compliant because I could make a DVD from it in VideoRedo without re-encoding so I don't think it's the file that’s the problem.

I even tried to use VideoRedo's Elementary Stream Multiplexer to mux the converted M2V file with the AC3 file but that just gives me a 30 second file of garbage.

I suppose I could use an audio delay but how would that work if the audio is only out of sync from the 44th minute onwards?

I would appreciate any help on how to get my video and audio in sync. Is there another program I could use to make a D2V file?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by holygamer View Post
    It's definitely DGIndex that's causing the problem.
    It's definitely not DGIndex that's causing the problem.

That said, there's no immediate answer that will give you a fix. You downloaded this MPEG, didn't you? So the problem can't be the crap someone else created?

You said you tried demuxing using DGIndex but it was out of synch when remuxed. Is that right? And did the Audio filename have a delay mentioned in it? And there was no special problem at the 44 minute mark as in the one you made the other way? It's out of synch by the same amount all the way through? If so, then just fix the delay using Delaycut and remux.

If for some reason that's not doable, split the audio where it goes out of synch at the 44 minute mark, remove the delay for the second part and remux using Muxman, adding the 2 audios one after the other.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have an MPEG 2 with 2 channel AC3 audio. I demux with TS Muxer to get an MPV file and an AC3 file.
    I then saved the MPV file in DGIndex to get a D2V file. I then ran the D2V file through HC Encoder to get my new MPV file. The original video is in sync however after I run the D2V file through HC Encoder (whether via an AviSynth script or not) the resulting M2V file once remuxed with the AC3 audio - the audio is out of sync. The audio is out of sync from about the 44th minute and onwards.
    i use DGIndex all the times, never had a such problem!
    Thanks to Donald Graft for this and many other Goooodies!

You could have avoided "demux with TS Muxer" step and try to demux MPEG-2 video directly in DGIndex, you will get m2v and ac3.
    Now....As you said....

Both the original video and the new video are exactly the same length:
    Original MPEG2 before I demuxed it to get MPV for HC Encoder gives: 1:17:44.11 (hours, minutes, seconds, frames)
    MPV (from HC Encoder) + AC3 TS file gives: 1:17:44.11

The original MPEG2 file is DVD compliant because I could make a DVD from it in VideoRedo without re-encoding so I don't think it's the file that’s the problem.
    There no need to re-encode through HCEnc, as you said orignal MPEG-2 is DVD compliant.
    Just use MuxMan to multiplex m2v+ac3 --> vob, if MuxMan rejects any streams that means it is non-compliant.
    and see what happens.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I am using a script to denoise the video so I have to re-encode thorugh HC Encoder. If you got it working then I must be doing something wrong. Are you using a script? If so please tell me what it is.

This is what I'm doing: I open my MPEG2 in DGINdex then I go to File, Save Project. These are the files it gives me:

Code:
    RAW July 07 1997 Edited.d2v
    RAW July 07 1997 Edited T80 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3
    RAW July 07 1997 Edited.mpv
    I then load my script in HC Encoder. This is my script:

Code:
    Mpeg2Source("I:\New\z = Encode\dgindex\RAW July 07 1997 Edited.d2v", CPU=6)
    DeGrainMedian(limitY=2, limitUV=3, mode=1, interlaced=true)
    DeGrainMedian(limitY=2, limitUV=3, mode=1, interlaced=true)
    AddBorders(8, 0, 8, 0)
    DelayAudio(0)
    I added the delayaudio as someone suggested (did I do it right?) but it's still out of sync. Is there something I'm missing? How did you avoid getting sync problems?
    Last edited by VideoFanatic; 15th Oct 2011 at 23:36.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for not answering any of my questions. If you want help, try and narrow down the source of the problem so that better informed suggestions can be made.

You don't need the DelayAudio line in the script as there's no audio in there to begin with.

If the video begins with some black, it's often a good idea to use the '[' button in DGindex to begin the demux a little bit farther in. That way any unreferenced cells can be removed and they might be responsible for the audio being out of synch.

Anyway, if the remux that uses the M2V from DGindex has a constant delay, figure it out and remux after removing that delay with DelayCut.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I thought I was quite clear in my original and subsequent posts where the answers to the majority of your questions can be found but I shall repeat them here. You also said:

You downloaded this MPEG, didn't you? So the problem can't be the crap someone else created?
    I thought that was a joke or a rhetorical question and I don't know what it is you're trying to say. Anyway I recorded some footage off TV onto VHS which was transferred to DVD then demuxed to an MPEG2. The MPEG2 is fine with no sync problems and it's DVD compliant as I edited it in VideoRedo.

You said you tried demuxing using DGIndex but it was out of synch when remuxed. Is that right?
    Yes

And did the Audio filename have a delay mentioned in it?
    Yes. This is the file I get: RAW July 07 1997 Edited T80 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3

And there was no special problem at the 44 minute mark as in the one you made the other way? It's out of synch by the same amount all the way through? If so, then just fix the delay using Delaycut and remux.
    It's out of sync at around the 44th minute and onwards. I would estimate it's 1 second out of sync (the audio is quicker than the video)

If for some reason that's not doable, split the audio where it goes out of synch at the 44 minute mark, remove the delay for the second part and remux using Muxman, adding the 2 audios one after the other.
    I don't want to do that as it doesn't sound very precise and I don't know what the exact time of the delay is. I know it's DG Index that's causing the problem because I can demux an MPEG 2 with it and if I then remux the M2V and AC3 files it gives into a TS file, I play it back and the audio is out of sync.
    Quote Quote  
  7. It seems to be DG Index that's causing the problem because I can demux an MPEG 2 (which has no sync problems) with it and if I then remux the M2V and AC3 files it gives into a TS file, I play it back and the audio is out of sync.
    Quote Quote  
  8. As source video footage recorded off -1-> TV -2-> VHS -3-> DVD, AVISynth is no Magic, but just like any other pro or very good free tools, and can not do magic to turn your video into stunning quality. Better I am OFF!

Mpeg2Source("I:\New\z = Encode\dgindex\RAW July 07 1997 Edited.d2v", CPU=6)
    AssumeTFF()
    SeparateFields().SelectEvery(4,0,3).Weave()
    #Crop(left, top, width, height) # if you want to crop before resize and add borders.
    #LanczosResize(width, height)
    AddBorders(8, 0, 8, 0) # Final size must be 720x480 NTSC and 720x576 PAL
    loadplugin("X:\YOUR_PATH\DeGrainMedian.dll")
    #DeGrainMedian(limitY=2,limitUV=3,mode=1,norow=tru e) # if video contains horizontal noise stripes
    DeGrainMedian(limitY=2,limitUV=3,mode=1) # try mode=3 or 4 as well and limitUV=6-to-12
    DeGrainMedian(limitY=2,limitUV=3,mode=1)

If you post video+audio trimmed by DGIndex some VHS expert can assist you.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks Bonie but I don't think your post is relevant to my problem.

I've uploaded a 100MB sample of my original MPEG2 if anyone would like to test to see if they can run it through DGIndex without DGIndex getting the audio out of sync. http://www.mediafire.com/?6t8e0ov76k7w1ne
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by holygamer View Post
    Anyway I recorded some footage off TV onto VHS which was transferred to DVD then demuxed to an MPEG2. The MPEG2 is fine with no sync problems and it's DVD compliant as I edited it in VideoRedo.
    OK, a capture. Capped with some kind of a glitch at the 44 minute mark. I never said it wouldn't remux without the asynch. I said the asynch wasn't caused by DGIndex. If, for example, you were to bypass DGindex entirely and use FFMPEGSource2 on it, I'd be willing to bet you'd get the same kind of asynch.
    I don't want to do that as it doesn't sound very precise and I don't know what the exact time of the delay is.
    I don't know how precise you want it, but how about about .032ms (for AC3 audio)? Good enough? Finding the amount of the asynch is also pretty easy. Play the remuxed video somewhere after the 44 minute point using MPC-HC and use the +/- keys to adjust the delay until it's back in synch. Take note of the amount of the delay. Split the audio at the point where it goes out of synch (I use HeadAC3he), use DelayCut on the second part to completely remove the delay, and remux using Muxman.
    Quote Quote  
  11. There does seem to be a delay in that sample. A delay of about +200ms. Either remove it completely using DelayCut and then mux, or mux it using a program that allows you to set a delay (Muxman does).
    Quote Quote