VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

I recently recorded a friend's band giving a live performance, and want to edit the video so that I have separate files for each track. Recording was onto 2 mini-dvds, and the video format on those was .vro
    I changed the file extension on the first dvd to .mp4 and then converted to .avi with Leawo AVI converter before editing in VirtualDub. This worked without any problems.

When I tried to repeat the process with the second, before I had made any changes I noticed that the displayed video length on the original .vro was 3:12, even though there are actually about 26 minutes of footage on the disc, all of which I can view in VLC player. The problem arises when I try to convert to .avi: This file now has only the first 3:12 minutes of footage, which is slightly short of one track.

Does anybody know how I can get the full 26 minutes of footage to convert? Or of any freeware that may allow me to edit the .mp4?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    what make and model camera? afaik vro on minidiscs is mpeg-2.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Wow, super-fast reply! It's a Canon DC40. Can't find any mention of encoding in the manual.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the discs are supposedly dvd player compliant which makes the video inside the vro files mpeg-2. try opening the vro on the disc with MPEG Streamclip and see what it can come up with.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. OK, it said it found timecode breaks as soon as I opened the video, and came up with an option to run a tool to repair these. It seems to have worked, and I'm now exporting the file as an AVI, although it doesn't seem to be compressed but I assume I can compress it when editing in VirtualDub? Thanks for the help, much appreciated!
    Quote Quote