VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello.
    I need some help to convert, or better directly demultiplex, the trp (and following numbered splitted parts) files of my CT 5000HD Combo Plus.
    I have almost HD (h264 + DD ac3 5.1) recordings, but even some SD (mpeg2 + mp2 stereo) ones.
    I've already tried H264TS Cutter converter tool ("Convert TRP/REC -> TS"), but it's not working very well: before conversion I've tried to play with MPC-HC in DXVA mode (w/ Ati Radeon Mobile HD 4570 512 Mb onboard) the separate trp+001+002+etc. files and they were jerking a bit, with some little artifacts and little corrupted part of image, but I was assuming that it was because of the format that added some unwanted data that is mistakenly decoded by the player, but after the conversion it keeps doing it, so when played with MPC-HC is still jerking and doing a bad decoding. Naturally is implied that when the recording is played directly by the Clarke Tech, there isn't any artifact or corrupted image, it plays it totally smooth and perfect, so I assume that is not the file (or files) that's corrupted when recorded...

On another recording, the tool of H264TS Cutter doesn't recognize 3 out of 4 audio/video/txt pids, showing them as "unknown" to me, so when I try to convert the recording, it creates a .ts file that's not playable at all (while playing the trp file with MPC-HC works): what should I do to fix it?

In any case, what I want to do is remux all my HD recording into mkv container, with the original recording data (eventually edited cutting some commercials), so I mainly need some good tool that demux the re-merged trp and numbered files so to have the h264 video files and the ac3 audio files separately so to mux them with mkvmerge or some other tool.
    The SD MPEG2 recordings doesn't bother me too much, I'll handle them later...
    Thanks in advance, but please answer me soon, thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    h264ts cutter is abandoned software and has quite a few bugs, don't use it!
    To join the split parts you can use TSSplitter (despite its name) in join mode.
    If you have videoredo tv suite h264 it will repackage the trp to mkv,mp4,ts.
    If you don't, chances are that mkvmerge (use the latest release) will accept the large trp file you got from TSSplitter; in case it doesn't (my trp files come without PMT/PAT tables from my HD sat receiver, I don't know how the Clarke Tech records), you need to first remux them to a proper TS with TSRemux (not TsMuxer! Don't get those two confused) and then use mkvmerge on that new TS file.

Hopefully this will be enough for your needs!
    Sorry, I had to go see about a girl
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by midnightsun View Post
    h264ts cutter is abandoned software and has quite a few bugs, don't use it!
    Do you know if it has bugs when cutting or even when using the internal converter tool?

To join the split parts you can use TSSplitter (despite its name) in join mode.
    Accepting your suggestion I tried to use it: it basically does what the H264TSCutter converter tool do, except that you have to manually set the file opening windows to "All files" since it doesn't knows the .trp extension, manually select EVERY segment of the .trp files, then you can hit the "join!" button, with a resultant file not quite different that the converter tool one, since it's not openable by MPC-HC (it hangs, in loop I guess, with no error messages neither playing it).
    I have to pass the resultant file under TSRemux like before to make it playable (or openable by mkvmerge, see below).

If you have videoredo tv suite h264 it will repackage the trp to mkv,mp4,ts.
    As much I can see, videoredo is a pay app: i got the trial beta but it lasts only 15 days :\
    Can't find a "solution" to this

If you don't, chances are that mkvmerge (use the latest release) will accept the large trp file you got from TSSplitter; in case it doesn't (my trp files come without PMT/PAT tables from my HD sat receiver, I don't know how the Clarke Tech records), you need to first remux them to a proper TS with TSRemux (not TsMuxer! Don't get those two confused) and then use mkvmerge on that new TS file.
    Yeah, exactly, to make the recording manageable and readable by the softwares and apps, I have to pass it under TsRemux (I know that's not TsMuxer, I didn't get those two confused, don't worry ).

Hopefully this will be enough for your needs!
    Bummer it didn't help much.
    The stuttering and image corrupting under DXVA on MPC-HC is still there. I guess now that's more a video stream/track problem or issue, I think it could be that the h264 data is encoded with some weird setting (I don't think it's a bad recording since on the PVR it plays smooth).
    I need something like DivFix but for H264 streams itself.

BTW: both TsRemux and TsMuxerGUI have an option to demux (even tho the first one is on a beta for this feature): do you have some advice as to demultiplex correctly the .ts files?
    Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by ranmamez; 26th Oct 2011 at 10:13.
    Quote Quote