VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. I have been having these problems with movies for quite sometime.

Download movies from Torrent Files, they play fine on my PC but when I burn them to a disk and sit down to watch them, at some random point towards the end of the movie the movie shuts off.

This has happened with Thor, Book of Eli, Source Code, Ironman 2

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Most recent Example:
    Downloaded Thor from a torrent file in Avi format

Burned the Avi. file of Thor to a dvd disc.
    Play the movie on a home dvd player.
    80% of the movie works fine, but then at the same exact point at 01:19:00 into the movie it just shuts off and goes back to the main menu of the dvd player.

If I watch the avi file on my computer it does NOT shut off like this.

I'm using Vista 64, Roxio creator, Phillips home dvd player, phillips dvd+r discs

Things I tried:
    > Slowing down the burn speed from 16.0 to 6.0 and it made no difference, still shuts off at the same exact point.
    > Buring the movie by itself, and with other files on the disc, still shuts off at the same exact point.
    > Fastfowarding past the shut off point, forces another shut off when I hit play.
    > Got a newer dvd player with DIVX, still shuts off at the same exact point.
    > Swapped out dvd burners in my pc, still shuts off at the same exact point.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This problem has been killing me for more than a year, any help would be appreciated !

2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here's the best help we can give you: buy the movies and read the forum rules about warez.

3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please do not ask for help on warez files,thread closed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.