VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well how about that...?

Dear Tony,
    It is clear that for many of our members two websites would make things more difficult, so we are going to keep Netflix as one place to go for streaming and DVDs.
    This means no change: one website, one account, one password…in other words, no Qwikster.
    While the July price change was necessary, we are now done with price changes.
    We're constantly improving our streaming selection. We've recently added hundreds of movies from Paramount, Sony, Universal, Fox, Warner Bros., Lionsgate, MGM and Miramax. Plus, in the last couple of weeks alone, we've added over 3,500 TV episodes from ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, USA, E!, Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, ABC Family, Discovery Channel, TLC, SyFy, A&E, History, and PBS.
    We value you as a member, and we are committed to making Netflix the best place to get your movies & TV shows.
    Respectfully,
    The Netflix Team
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    So much for the stock market analysts who assured us that the whole Qwikster thing was 100% for sure done so that the streaming only business could be a separate entity and the unsexy discs by mail business could be left to presumably die a slow death.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been a Netflix customer for over six years. All I can say about them is, "Wow... talk about a company completely out of touch with their customers."
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hahaha! I got the same email too....Well, gotta say at least Netflix is listening to their customers now.....
    Quote Quote  
  5. we are now done with price changes
    Yeah sure I believe that.

I also got the email this morning, any six year old could of told them that splitting the company was a bad idea.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Translation: We thought we had a buyer for the DVD service but the deal fell through.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Translation: We thought we had a buyer for the DVD service but the deal fell through.
    Or - We thought once we announced that they would be separate companies that Amazon would swoop in and buy out the streaming service and we'd be rich but that doesn't look likely to happen now. Given how we've pissed off, possibly forever, over a million former customers and lost over $100 million in potential revenue from that, we're gonna need every dollar this company can bring in now.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Wow. Guess they didn't do enough research ahead of time huh?
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote