VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have mediaplay box can't play Mp3 have bitrate VBR ( Chipset not support ) and some video same wrong .

But I can play smooth, file Avi video have H.264/AAC and both have VBR bitrate . One guy say : " because VBR bitrate video and audio put in CBR Avi container" . That right ? . Because I done search in Google not have info for CBR or VBR container video ?

Sorry my english not good . Thank so much for help .
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think it's the mp4 vbr audio. But you can try use avidemux to make it cbr anyway, open the avi, under video choose copy, under audio change to lame mp3 and use cbr bitrate, save as a new mp3.

If it wont help use avirecomp and reconvert your avi and see if works.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank so much for help Mr Baldrick , but I want know really have the so-called CBR or VBR for video container ? I want to know it was true or not ?

Ex: Chipset media box player not support audio VBR . I Mux or Remux H.264 video and AAC audio had bitrate VBR in Avi, MKV, Mpg, Mov container chosen CBR . When player box can know it is bitrate CBR and play stable. How can do it ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by n33 View Post
    One guy say : " because VBR bitrate video and audio put in CBR Avi container" . That right ?
    No. The container is just a "box" you put things in. The video and audio in that box can be VBR or CBR.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Only known to me CBR cointaner is TS (MPEG Transport Stream)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks jagabo and pandy . Yes, Him show me TS files with H.264 + ACC VBR bitrate. So with cointaner is TS (MPEG Transport Stream) away is CBR, right? Because I don't see it in mediainfo value .
    Quote Quote  
  7. I think the TS spec specifies CBR (at least for broadcast), but you can put VBR in a TS container.
    Last edited by jagabo; 10th Oct 2011 at 22:04.
    Quote Quote  
  8. My point was that i know only one CONTAINER that support CBR (ie bit rate of container stream can be constant in time) - TS use special data so called STUFFING that fill bitrate up to required value - this is idea how CBR is made - put some junk to fill gap between data.
    TS can be VBR (no stuffing data thus bitrate of container stream is variable due variability of elementary streams).
    Most of containers is not CBR ie they don't have stuffing data (however i can imagine such pseudo stuffing at various levels of elementary streams or as additional private data stream), most of known to me containers are VBR and they accept CBR and VBR streams (but sometimes with limitations like AVI and poor VBR audio support).

To conclude:
    - TS can be CBR or VBR by definition of TS itself
    - various containers can be pseudo CBR even if there is no explicit stuffing stream defined
    - problem that some player not support well VBR MP3 means that or MP3 is broken or more likely player is very poor.

verify that issue is related to poor VBR support in player used by You - http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=MP3packer use this software and create from VBR MP3 a CBR MP3 - be sure that issue is not related to something else (ie meta data in MP3 or corrupted MP3) - if new CBR work ok use MP3Packer once again to strip padding (stuffing) data from MP3 elementary stream and repeat test - if this work OK it means that MP3 was corrupted from player point of view.
    Last edited by pandy; 11th Oct 2011 at 04:06.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Yes, any container can be made to support CBR by padding the data. Either by the codec itself or by adding junk chunks.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Great work. Thank so much .
    Quote Quote