VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am beside myself.
    I loved MM that came with the old Vista but Microsoft pulling one of its famous stunts, changed it after we learned to use it well and made it harder (for me). New and improved was not improved for me.
    Now when I try to use 2.6, it takes every movies and breaks it into many CHAPTERS, as high as 6-9 and now my movies is in 9 pieces. I can not find where to make MM leave my movies ALONE and import it as ONE clip/video/movie, etc. Its "Collection" convept seems to mean you dont have a "movie" but lots of clips in your "Collection" and that is what MM 2.6 is only for.

ANY one know how to tell it to STOP messing with my movie clip.

AVS in its wisdom, wants to break my movies into CHAPTERS also.

I don't want chapters, don't like chapters so went to other "Authoring software" and guess what the intro says: You can/will, break your movies into Chapters, etc.

Does anyone know what software is not obsessed with Chapters i can use?

ALL i want to do is stack some clips or movies, ANY format on a DVD with a Menu, burn it, that I can click on on a Menu, and it will PLAY that movie from several.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I guess you mean tracks/titles? Just chapters can't be that annoying.

Have you tried a simple all-in-one converter like dvd flick(free) or convertxtodvd or freemake video converter(free)? THey will just convert and make a basic menu.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks, Will try what you suggested.

no, all those programs refer to is "Chapters" and Win 7 MM 2.6, it actually breaks the video into 9 separate separate videos and calls them Chapters and if you play them they are a segment of the entire movie. So you have to deal will 9 separate videos to make one movie that was just one WMV file when you imported it.

Now, they may call a movie/clip, etc a "Chapter" and it really is a entire movie but in the case of MM 2.6, it is not, it is 1/9 of the movie. i just dont understand how the Vista MM did ot do that but he 2.6 for win 7 does on every movie imported. i dont understand WHY they even do it of give you a chance to say "do you want to split this video into chapters" but guess that makes TOO much sense.
    Quote Quote  
  4. It is really sad that Microsoft decided to take a great program like MM that came with Vista and turn it into a piece of crap.
    it made great slide presentations, and you could mix videos, and write special messages. i made pic and videos for my Grand kids and burned them to a DVD and used them for educational purposes as entering text was really easy and easy to create specialize DVDs but we lost that all when they give us the "new and improved" crap we have now.

it was slow but if you had patience, you could create great DVDs and the program was easy and intuitive. I have spent hours on the new version and have as yet produced even ONE good DVD. mainly because you import 2 movies and you get it in 10-20 "chapters" or pieces.
    Quote Quote