VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

How can I import MPEG2-TS video file video (.ts) extension to Adobe Premier Pro CS4/5?
    I've research almost everywhere but not succeed to find my answer, so though might worth posting my question on this forum as well, hopefully somebody could help!

The video details which I'm trying to import to Adobe Premier Pro and also converting to MKV:

Click image for larger version

Name:	video_06102011.png
Views:	19578
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	9033

By the way anyone having any experience on converting MPEG2-TS video files to (.MKV [H264])? The reason asking is because even when I try to convert my video files to MKV I get no sounds... any idea why?

Thanks in advance, have a look at my profile for my PC details;
    Cheers
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    those aren't details of the video. download and install mediainfo. put it in text mode, open your video and copy/paste the results here.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the software...

General
    Complete name : E:\Videos\IFILM[06OCT2011-064645].ts
    Format : MPEG-TS
    Format profile : No PAT/PMT
    File size : 1.18 GiB
    Duration : 46mn 14s
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 3 650 Kbps

Video
    ID : 522 (0x20A)
    Format : MPEG Video
    Format version : Version 2
    Format profile : Main@Main
    Format settings, BVOP : Yes
    Format settings, Matrix : Custom
    Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=12
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 3 340 Kbps
    Maximum bit rate : 10 000 Kbps
    Width : 544 pixels
    Height : 576 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 4:3
    Frame rate : 25.000 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Interlaced
    Scan order : Top Field First
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.426
    Stream size : 1.08 GiB (92%)

Audio
    ID : 751 (0x2EF)
    Format : MPEG Audio
    Format version : Version 1
    Format profile : Layer 2
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 128 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Delay relative to video : -920ms
    Stream size : 42.3 MiB (4%)
    Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  4. You probably can't, at least not the way it is now. Premiere probably won't "understand" it. It's not an ordinary transport stream. It is missing Program association table and Program Map table

Format profile : No PAT/PMT

You probably have to re-wrap it or convert it to something else first, but finding a program that can read it might be difficult. Maybe ffmpeg or ffmbc , or try mediacoder, or xmedia recode

If you upload a small sample , someone might look into it
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sample cutter.
    Image Attached Files
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks! I'll try them out and will let you know the results...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Get hold of the free program MPEGStreamclip http://www.squared5.com/ load in the file, if you get an error message click on "open anyway" then convert to MPEG2 which Adobe should be able to open.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you all guys! You've been very helpful and I really appreciate it... THANKS!

Only a single problem occurred during the conversion, and this applies when converting MPEG2-TS to most popular formats!
    Basically when I convert the MPEG2-TS video files to MP4 (H.264/AVC) or even MKV (H.264/AVC), it seems that the converted files have a lot of small horizontal lines across the screen from left to right... this only happens when either the objects moving or camera is moving... either of them...
    So is there any sort of setting to set for the conversion, the quality is amazing but the video has very tiny tiny horizontal lines across the screen, anybody experienced such thing! How can I possibly get rid of them during the conversion process and not within my playback, I've tried getting rid of it using the VLC "deinterlace mode", but didn't help!

Name:	h-l-video.png
Views:	18861
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	9047

Thanks in advance!!!
    Last edited by farzad; 7th Oct 2011 at 09:21.
    Quote Quote  
  9. it's been resized before deinterlacing

either encode as interlaced , or deinterlace before resizing and encoding if you want a progressive format

your file is interlaced to begin with and uses "non-square" pixels

Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    it's been resized before deinterlacing

either encode as interlaced , or deinterlace before resizing and encoding if you want a progressive format

your file is interlaced to begin with and uses "non-square" pixels

I've converted using SUPER (MKV [H.264]), didn't have such option... could you please advice on how to set this... THANKS
    Windows 7 64-bit, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GHz, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, 1TB HDD
    Quote Quote  
  11. Not sure, I don't use super . Look for a deinterlace option . If you are going to mkv or mp4, you might want to use square pixels as well (resize to something like 640x480) , or set the container aspect ratio in mkvtoolnix after (otherwise picture will be distorted/stretched)
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is my current settings:

Name:	current-settings-super.png
Views:	19208
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	9048
    Windows 7 64-bit, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GHz, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, 1TB HDD
    Quote Quote  
  13. Looks like it doesn't have deinterlace. Try the "o" other options button. Or maybe try another program

When you deinterlace, you throw out 1/2 the information (you only keep 1/2 the fields) . If you double rate deinterlace, it would become 50p (video much more fluid)
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, so what sort of square pixel should I set for (720 width)? You're right! 720x576 is not a square pixel... I've calculate it and the result is (720x540 px)...
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    By the way what other program do you recommend for the conversion that is as powerful as SUPER, maybe it bit advancer that at least has such option...
    Quote Quote  
  16. maybe mediacoder? super is just a gui for ffmpeg and mediacoder. You have it set on "ffmpeg" in the screenshot

The other option is to encode same dimensions, and use aspect ratio flag either in encoder or container (mkvtoolnix)
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    maybe mediacoder? super is just a gui for ffmpeg and mediacoder. You have it set on "ffmpeg" in the screenshot

The other option is to encode same dimensions, and use aspect ratio flag either in encoder or container (mkvtoolnix)
    Cool!
    I've a program called "ffdshow" and couldn't find "ffmpeg"! How can I access ffmpeg's config/settings?
    Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by farzad View Post
    I've a program called "ffdshow" and couldn't find "ffmpeg"! How can I access ffmpeg's config/settings?
    You don't.

ffmpeg is a command line utility. There are no buttons to push

Programs like super are a GUI (graphical user interface) built around the actual program. They have buttons to push and can access only a subset of commonly used functions (otherwise there would be hundreds or thousands of buttons and drop down menus making it infeasible for a pretty GUI)

Did you try the "other options" menu ? If you click on the ffmpeg hotlink, there will be a list of GUIs build around it
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by farzad View Post
    You don't.

ffmpeg is a command line utility. There are no buttons to push

Programs like super are a GUI (graphical user interface) built around the actual program. They have buttons to push and can access only a subset of commonly used functions (otherwise there would be thousands of buttons and drop down menus)

Did you try the "other options" menu ? If you click on the ffmpeg hotlink, there will be a list of GUIs build around it
    Cool! THANKS!
    Yes downloaded Mediacoder and currently playing with it... to see how things works...
    Will let you know!
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Guys this is just an update to what I was struggling with before converting MPEG-2 TS to MKV H.264!

Okay, after covering the same video file different video converters including open source and paid ones such as AVS, Total Video Converter etc. and Open source ones such as MediaCoder, Super etc... the best video converter which I found for this type of conversion is StaxRip!

Yes, StaxRip! I admit this software is the best one, used it for different conversions, PS3, XBOX, PSP, PS Vita, PC, Web Video, iTunes and many more... and it does what it says unlike those paid software that doesn't do anything... also the exported video is pixelated and blurred and completly different to what you expected...

So I just want to thank the StaxRip developers for providing us this FREE and of course top-of-the-range video converter tool!
    Since I'm using this software, I've been promoting this software to friends and whoever that needs to do video conversion...
    Simple, friendly, easy-to-use, and FREE, very handy software, the most important one (you do not need to install it, can place it on your USB stick and done!)

Good luck guys,
    Now I'd like to know what do you think about this software, have you ever used it, if not give it a try and you never go back to any other video conversion tool! Trust me!
    Quote Quote