VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Alright, I'm new to Blu Ray ripping so be gentle.

I have the Im Too program installed and am wanting to rip a disc.

Thye Im Too program is asking for a folder. The only icon illuminated in the top task bar is disc symbol. I click on that and I get a file structure.

AACS\DUPLICATE

BDMV\
    AUXDATA
    BACKUP
    BDJO
    CLIPINF
    JAR
    META
    PLAYLIST
    STREAM

CERTIFICATE\BACKUP

I want to convert to MKV and that process is a no brainer but I'm not used to being asked for files within a disc. I hope to end up with the movie on an external HDD so I dont need to burn anything but I dont know what files in the structure I need.

I have tried to find the answer on this site and will continue doing so but in the mean time, can anybody help a newbie?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try the bdmv folder.

If that fails try vidcoder or ripbot264.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I'm REALLY skeptical about this Im Too program you bought. The only reliable BluRay rippers that I know of are AnyDVD and DVDFab HD Decrypter. Both cost a lot more than Im Too. Don't be surprised if you find that Im Too can't rip some BluRay discs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Maybe you'll get a reply from someone who uses that program, but I wouldn't be surprised if you don't.

It's not listed in the Tools section for a reason. Yeah, AnyDVDHD and DVDFab (also DVDFabPasskey) are about all there is for reliable Blu-Ray rippers.

As an aside, a few days ago giveawayoftheday offered WinX Blu-Ray Decrypter. It had been offered some months ago and I tried it then; it was no great shakes. Nor is it much improved now. It claims to be fully capable of defeating MKB (master key block) v19, IIRC. But it can't deal with the Star Wars Blu-Rays (MKB v25). In fact, my BD-ROM disappeared and a reboot didn't fix it, had to do a cold boot reset. I verified that it did work on a disc a few years old though.

I have a suspicion most of these other, cheap rippers steal their code from one of the other, decent rippers. Which is why AnyDVDHD wants to phone home so often for updates, as stated on the SlySoft website.
    Last edited by fritzi93; 5th Oct 2011 at 20:37.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote