VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everyone,

I am trying to free some HD space on my PC and convert some MKVs to Blu-ray Discs, using the (quite simple, really!) procedure found on this great forum:
    I Use TSMuxer to create the 2 BD folders (the process goes smoothly with an 8.5 GB MKV processed in about 8 minutes) setting the video level to 4.1 and of course choosing "Blu-ray" as output.
    After that, I burn the disk with ImgBurn (using the 2.50 UDF value, of course and leave "Resource Subdirectories" checked) and the operation is always successful.
    Still, when I play the disk on my Panasonic DMP-BDT310 (latest firmware installed) the audio starts OK, but the video is black (blank) and after a few seconds, the disk stops!

To give you a hint (hopefully), after converting the MKV with TSMuxer, I tried to playback the Stream video inside BD folder and it plays fine just with VLC, but not with WMV, or MPCHC, which gives me some greenish, distorted and flickering video.

Thanks in advance and truly hope this can be solved.

Best regards!

Luigi
    Last edited by Jijital; 3rd Oct 2011 at 08:44.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would try avchdcoder or multiavchd and see if it works any better than just tsmuxer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for your reply, Baldrick! I tried Multiavchd already and it gave me the same result. I'll see with Avchdcoder if I have better luck.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Good morning, Baldrick and all of you!

Yesterday I tried the avchdcoder and it gave me an error message before starting, so I went back to Multiavchd and decided to spend the whole night and fight with that.
    The good news is that, at least, I managed to come out with a Top, Pop-up, and Chapter Menu with that and it looks great, but the bad news is that in spite I checked the option "Set 12 Equal Chapter Jumps", it just shows 1 single long chapter and when I press play... Once again, the screen is black and after a few seconds, the playback stops.
    My frustration is having me contemplate suicide...
    I'll post this to the multiavchd forum, also, but should anyone here have any suggestion, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    Quote Quote