VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I would think this is some type of down res coming out of the Blu-ray, except that the pass through out of the PVR into my HD TV is definitely in HD format. So why would the signal be in HD but the PVR only pick it up as a non-hd source? This might not be so bad except that it is putting a black frame around the picture seemingly to fill in around an HD frame that has only a non hd picture in it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Blu-Ray player is presenting some sort of DRM to the PVR. Or, the PVR is set to SD capture.

What happens if you play a home made DVD or a home made Blu-Ray (no DRM triggers)?

Some Blu-Ray players limit resolution over component analog when an HDMI monitor is also connected.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is an outside chance you really are seeing sd on the bluray. I know a lot of documentary bonus material is only sd on bluray discs - especially if its sourced from old material that they haven't bothered to remaster.

However if this is the movie-proper than it is likely what eddv has mentioned.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Can you post a sample cap? The HD PVR can only capture at the source format. If it's getting 720x480 that's what the Blu-ray player is putting out. Blu-ray players are required to downres analog outputs now -- to prevent exactly what you are trying to do.
    Last edited by jagabo; 1st Oct 2011 at 22:52.
    Quote Quote