VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've used aviutl98d several times but all of a sudden I instantly get a "aviutl.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" error message every time I try opening it.

Can someone can please tell me what the problem is and how I can resolve it?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately, no - not with just that error message. It's currently Windows' standard vague error message for any program crash ("<program> has encountered a problem and needs to close").

Have you updated anything on your system, recently, including (but not limited to) codecs?

When it does crash, does it provide any other information (such as a More Information button), like memory dumps?
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I actually have installed a Matroska Codec in the last few days. Should I delete it?

I've also installed a few video converters because I've been trying to convert a Matroska file to an AVI.
    Quote Quote  
  4. OK now I have a new problem.

I deleted Matroska Pack and aviutl98d is now working again. However, I can't play any videos anymore - there's only audio. What do I need to do?
    Quote Quote  
  5. You didn't say what OS you are using. If Vista or Win 7 try to do a earlier restore point.
    Quote Quote