VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have a spare bedroom that is about 8'x7' which is about 56 sqft. which isn't very much, but I wanted to turn it into my AV editing workstation, possibly small recording studio as well.

I would like some ideas on good workstation tables to where I can setup dual flatscreen monitors, some AV equipment (VCR's, tape decks and other gear), place to setup a small piano keyboard and such.

Does anyone have a pic of their small workstation to perhaps share...it may help give me some ideas on what I could possibly look into.

Thanks for any help!
    I have the staff of power, now it's up to me to use it to its full potential to command my life and be successful.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That is a small room, and if the door opens in it is even smaller.

I've always been happy with using either a pre-finished door or melamine-coated particle board for the table's surface, and building a simple but sturdy frame using clear 1x4 fit. It only takes a day to cut and assemble, and a little longer for sanding and staining.

Going the door route, the door knob hole is great for feeding wires through, but the particle board can be cut to any size, even with curves.

I'm guessing you have something much more elaborate in mind.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by m610 View Post
    That is a small room, and if the door opens in it is even smaller.

I've always been happy with using either a pre-finished door or melamine-coated particle board for the table's surface, and building a simple but sturdy frame using clear 1x4 fit. It only takes a day to cut and assemble, and a little longer for sanding and staining.

Going the door route, the door knob hole is great for feeding wires through, but the particle board can be cut to any size, even with curves.

I'm guessing you have something much more elaborate in mind.
    Well nothing too complicated...I am thinking of using dual 22" monitors for the main workstation and probably another monitor to check output. I am still trying to gather some thoughts and ideas.

The door idea sounds good, and given the pretty small space that's available I will have to do careful measurements to make sure to buy/build something that can be easily moved and the right size for the room.
    I have the staff of power, now it's up to me to use it to its full potential to command my life and be successful.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Doors can be great because they are so light and you can get them already painted. But they are light because they are hollow, which means it is difficult to attach one to the frame, not that you need to. Also, you can't trim it much.
    Quote Quote