VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Recently tried using DVD Shrink. I initially copied the disc contents after running DVD43 which but found a DVD that DVD43 doesn't seem to work on, even though I get the evil then green face.

Then tried BDlot DVD ISO Master to create an ISO image of the disc, which I thought DVD shrink is supposed to be able to compress, but it doesn't seem to be working. It's showing some huge image size of 32 plus gigs when the original ISO image size I'm trying to shrink is only a bit above 6 gigs.

Maybe I have a misunderstanding of the process.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    DVD43 and BDlot do not do the same thing. One runs in the background(DVD43) and the other creates ISO images from DVDs....which you can then open with DVDShrink.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    DVD43 and BDlot do not do the same thing. One runs in the background(DVD43) and the other creates ISO images from DVDs....which you can then open with DVDShrink.
    It seems the commonality between them is they both allow you to pull the data from a copy protected DVD. DVD43 disables copy protection and then lets you copy the files, BDlot disables the copy protection and converts the entire DVD to an ISO image.

What I'm unclear on is if DVDShrink is then supposed to be able to shrink the ISO file. It seems to behave oddly when I'm attempting to do that.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Just rip with DVDFabDecrypter? DVDShrink will open iso images.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by brassplyer View Post
    It seems the commonality between them is they both allow you to pull the data from a copy protected DVD. DVD43 disables copy protection and then lets you copy the files, BDlot disables the copy protection and converts the entire DVD to an ISO image.
    DVD43 has not been updated since 2009.
    BDlot will have a MUCH better chance of decrypting your DVD correctly.
    If your DVD was not decrypted "correctly" - it will not open in any transcoding program like DVDShrink. You will need to rip(decrypt) the DVD again. If your DVD is a very recent release....you will need to wait until the various decrypting programs(AnyDVD , DVDFabDecrypter , etc etc) update their software.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Must be what happened to mine: not decrypted properly. I downloaded an iso and dvdshrink will not load it. I mounted it in Virtual Clone Drive and it is now ripping it, I hope, and then I plan to burn it with Nero or something, hoping to choose PAL. the ISO I got was NTSC. I need PAL.

Couldn't find any better process, googling around.

I hope it is all going right - dvdshrink claims now to be burning the thing... must have found a disk in the dvd burner I suppose.. but what's it burning? I was expecting an AVI on the hard drive that I could convert to DVd with avi2dvd following suggestions in some old thread... choosing 'PAL' and finishing up with what I want....

what am I going to get....

Later: Well, I got a backup apparently. And it plays on our tv dvd player setup even though that is suppose to be a PAL system there. Maybe it is PAL or NTSC capable. I can't now find how I discover what system the ISO is or the disk.

Somehow, somewhere, I discovered the downloaded ISO was NTSC but I can't remember where or how.

And I just assumed I'd need to change it before burning it.

Looks like not so.

And I can't see how I could have done anything else with DVDShrink. It doesn't have any other buttons to press - only backup. There seems to be no option for 'save to file', though it has saved the whole disk to file.

Just the main movie. It has left all the extras out. Because I didn't choose them when re-authoring. Because I was told not to in that thread I mentioned.

But now I think I might just as well have - why not? I'll try another one including all the extras.

And I'll try avi2dvd and see if I can get a legitimate PAL DVD out of it...
    Last edited by abrogard; 2nd Feb 2013 at 07:01.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by abrogard View Post
    Must be what happened to mine: not decrypted properly. I downloaded an iso and dvdshrink will not load it. I mounted it in Virtual Clone Drive and it is now ripping it, I hope, and then I plan to burn it with Nero or something, hoping to choose PAL. the ISO I got was NTSC. I need PAL.
    Not going to happen in any way shape or form!!

And mounting the image/iso should make no difference, how were you trying to open it in dvdshrink ?

I hope it is all going right - dvdshrink claims now to be burning the thing... must have found a disk in the dvd burner I suppose.. but what's it burning?
    You tell us, it's your system!!

I was expecting an AVI on the hard drive that I could convert to DVd with avi2dvd following suggestions in some old thread... choosing 'PAL' and finishing up with what I want....
    Have you read ANYTHING about what you are doing ?!?!?!
    You will NOT get an AVI from DVDShrink!!

Later: Well, I got a backup apparently. And it plays on our tv dvd player setup even though that is suppose to be a PAL system there.
    There ? I thought YOU were THERE ??

Maybe it is PAL or NTSC capable. I can't now find how I discover what system the ISO is or the disk.
    Most PAL countries or systems CAN play both formats.

Somehow, somewhere, I discovered the downloaded ISO was NTSC but I can't remember where or how.
    Open one of the VOB's in Mediainfo and check the frame rate and resolution, that will tell you.

Looks like not so.
    Did you even try to play the original ISO burned before going through this waste of time ??
    Because if it was downloaded it probably already had the REGION CODING removed, which would allow it to play most likely on a PAL system.

More time wasting....
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well that's what some forum poster said to do: dvdshrink it and then burn and the option will present itself in the burning prog.

And mounting the image/iso should make no difference, how were you trying to open it in dvdshrink ?
    Pointed it at the file of course. Regardless of your 'should' it did in fact make a difference, obviously.

You tell us, it's your system!!
    I think you misunderstand in your haste to adopt a superior tone... Obviously it is burning a physical dvd but what files is it burning was the intent of the question and the question (again obviously) mainly rhetorical inasmuch as before I ever get any replies to my post I'll be able to see what it burned.

The whole thing being really about WHY is shrink doing this instead of making me something on the hard drive as the posters I was following the advice of seemed to think it would do....

A reply something along the lines of:

"No, it doesn't do that." or "If you want that you do this:" would have been to the point and helpful but then of course you'd have missed out on some of your fun perhaps.. perhaps you don't even know...

Have you read ANYTHING about what you are doing ?!?!?!
    You will NOT get an AVI from DVDShrink!!
    I just told you what I read. Not getting an avi is not really here nor there. What is meant is that what was expected was something that would be picked up by a burning prog and turned into a dvd of whichever choice: NTSC or PAL. That's the intent.

You must remember the post was written addressed really to people with kindness of heart and a desire to help or hold their peace rather than written to meet the specifications of a nit-picking fool bent on displaying some kind of childish one upmanship while completely failing to offer any sensible help.

I grow tired of this. I don't have your interest in it. I don't have anything to prove and I do have a life to get on with.

I got a dvd that plays. That'll do for now. It is only to give to a friend. It'll play on his dvd player I guess, through his tv same as mine.

I will find the way to get my downloaded NTSC ISO changed to PAL and I'll be more than happy - MORE - to do it without your help, pal...

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    well that's what some forum poster said to do: dvdshrink it and then burn and the option will present itself in the burning prog.
    Nobody here mentioned "PAL" or "NTSC" until you showed up with your vast lack of knowledge of what you are doing or talking about. There is no magical one-button program to change between PAL and NTSC.....especially while the DVD image is in ISO format.
    The rule of thumb is:
    NTSC will almost always play in a PAL country.
    PAL will almost never play in an NTSC country without added equipment or pre-planning.
    Switching between PAL and NTSC as YOU incorrectly think it can be done can NEVER be done.
    Live it. Learn it. Like it. Know it. Love it.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    as YOU incorrectly think it can be done
    and how might that be?

It'd be this, eh?

no magical one-button program to change
    But I - "I" - never said there was any such prog.

I said "... rip it then burn it...." quoting two different progs. That's hardly a 'one button' scenario is it?

You put words in my mouth and then scoff at them. Well you can stick that, mate, it does no one any good.

As '.. I think it can be done..' is to make an avi of the file and then a dvd from the avi. That's what I think before I ever came near any of this. 'coming near' is looking for a better way... it is a search for that, certainly not a search for you or such as you.

And I came 'near any of this' via numerous posts on numerous different sites - I never, ever said anyone "here' said

PAL" or "NTSC" until you showed up with your vast lack of knowledge of what you are doing or talking about.
    I think it is without doubt that you are the one with the
    vast lack of knowledge of what you are doing or talking about
    as is clearly illustrated.

You should take yourself off to other pastures. You are contributing nothing except gratuitous abuse to this thread. I think I made it clear in my last post that I was addressing myself to those other than yourself, to those with a different mindset, to those with different motivations, to those with a better apprehension of the realities, to those with better English comprehension.

As of this post my communications with yourself are finished.

I told you in the last one that I have no time for this nonsense.

This whole incident is a trivial thing in my life and I will not let it grow out of proportion, I don't have the time.
    Quote Quote  
  11. If you've ripped a DVD to ISO and it's only 6GB, but when opening the ISO with DVDShrink it appears to be much larger, it could be due to the copy protection not being removed properly. I'm just guessing, but there's a newer copy protection which many older programs can't handle. They see a 8GB DVD as containing 50GB worth of files etc. I don't know whether that same copy protection can cause the same problem when opening an ISO though.

ISO files are kind of like zip files for discs. They can be opened and their contents extracted using many compression programs. I'm pretty sure TugZip will extract ISOs, which should give you with the standard files used in a DVD video compilation (vob and vts files etc). If there's still copy protection involved though I don't know what'll happen if you try to open the extracted DVD files with DVDShrink.... I've never ripped a DVD to ISO myself.

For the record..... when someone referred you to Nero regarding changing the format from NTSC to PAL etc.... the Nero burning program can't do it. It'll just burn the DVD compilation "as-is" as long as it is a valid DVD video compilation (otherwise when you try to use the files to burn a DVD video disc it'll probably refuse). However if you have "Nero Vision", it will load NTSC DVD video and re-encode it as PAL etc, and you can then burn it's output with the burning part of the program.

How well Nero Vision converts between NTSC and PAL I don't know as I'm not sure I've ever used it for that, unless I've been converting a few different files as a single DVD compilation and one of them happened to be NTSC, so I've not paid all that much attention to the way it converts. It'd need to resize the video while re-encoding, but I don't know how it changes the frame rate.... whether it adds/drops frames or simply changes the video speed a little.... but it will convert between NTSC and PAL. If you're in a PAL country though, there's probably no need. Chances are your player can play NTSC DVDs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hello_hello
    Chances are your player can play NTSC DVDs.
    Just to make it clear so long as they are ripped to region free.

I would imagine just about any ripping software defaults to rip to region free but there might be a need to go into a particular softwares settings and make sure region free is selected so it will play it without region restrictions.

Good luck.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You should take yourself off to other pastures. You are contributing nothing except gratuitous abuse to this thread. I think I made it clear in my last post that I was addressing myself to those other than yourself
    You've never quoted me before....you were quoting someone else....this is your first interaction with me EVER. Someone else before me told you how stupid you were and how you were not listening to a word anyone was saying, and have absolutely ZERO comprehension.

The original topic of this thread/discussion was whether or not DVDShrink accepts ISO images. Period.
    You brought the nonsensical "NTSC/PAL with DVDShrink" ideas into this conversation.
    DVDShrink does not do that. It never has. It never will. NO PROGRAM does that.
    Now all you are doing is backtracking, trying to cover your mistakes and lack of knowledge with distractions.
    Go away little boy....you bother me.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, hello and yoda.

Very, very nice to hear from someone sensible.

I'd say it was that Nero Vision thing whoever it was that said it was referring to. I do have Nero Vision and I'll give it a go.

Don't really need to do it because of this dual play ability of Pal dvd's but I just like to get things right if I can. At home I put up with all kinds of things happily but stuff I send out I like to get right if possible. And it seems there can be, or there could be, 9 years ago, little problems: http://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-66894.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Don't really need to do it because of this dual play ability of Pal dvd's
    What a surprise....you are WRONG again.
    The rule of thumb is:
    NTSC will almost always play in a PAL country.
    PAL will almost never play in an NTSC country without added equipment or pre-planning.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM

Couldn't find any better process, googling around.

I hope it is all going right - dvdshrink claims now to be burning the thing... must have found a disk in the dvd burner I suppose.. but what's it burning? I was expecting an AVI on the hard drive that I could convert to DVd with avi2dvd following suggestions in some old thread... choosing 'PAL' and finishing up with what I want....

Later: Well, I got a backup apparently. And it plays on our tv dvd player setup even though that is suppose to be a PAL system there. Maybe it is PAL or NTSC capable. I can't now find how I discover what system the ISO is or the disk.

Looks like not so.

And I can't see how I could have done anything else with DVDShrink. It doesn't have any other buttons to press - only backup. There seems to be no option for 'save to file', though it has saved the whole disk to file.

Just the main movie. It has left all the extras out. Because I didn't choose them when re-authoring. Because I was told not to in that thread I mentioned.

But now I think I might just as well have - why not? I'll try another one including all the extras.

Besides hijacking the thread, this is about 75 kinds of ways of misunderstanding what's going on. In fact, it's so convoluted, I'm not sure if it's even worth trying to sort out. Particularly with that attitude exhibited later in the thread.

Next time (if there is one), start your own new thread. Then describe in detail and complete sentences, stepwise, what you started out with, what you want to end up with, where you are, what you have available to work with (both hard & software), and what you're willing to put up with. Then you might get somewhere.

Not necessarily trying to "pick on" you (though you brought some of this on yourself), but this is indicative of a huge, growing rash of "I don't know what I'm doing, and I don't want to learn, and I don't want to pay anything, just want a one-button fix, and I'm more right than anybody else" sort of posts on this site that is really beginning to piss me off!

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by abrogard View Post
    Don't really need to do it because of this dual play ability of Pal dvd's but I just like to get things right if I can. At home I put up with all kinds of things happily but stuff I send out I like to get right if possible. And it seems there can be, or there could be, 9 years ago, little problems: http://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-66894.html
    The problems described there seem to relate to jerky playback due to the NTCS DVD being converted to PAL on playback. Probably due to the player converting it to output a PAL signal for the TV. These days though, it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Even my 15 year old (maybe older) CRT TV can accept an NTSC input. And converting an NTSC video to PAL probably won't change the result too much, only in one case the player is converting "on the fly", while the other way you're encoding it that way.

I just ran a couple of short "NTSC" AVIs through an old version of Nero Vision while outputting them as PAL. They were both progressive. For the one with the 29.970 frame rate, it just dropped a frame now and then and for the one with a 23.976 frame rate, it repeated a frame every second, so the PAL output always had the same duration as the input. For a 29.970fps to PAL conversion it's not noticeable much of the time but it does add a little jerkiness to what would otherwise be smooth motion, such as a smooth camera pan. For a 23.976fps to PAL conversion the effect is even less noticeable, but of course whether you want to convert, or rely on the player/TV to switch to NTSC mode is up to you.

These days I'd be astounded if there's an LCD/Plasma PAL TV which can't accept an NTSC input and a Bluray player would just switch the TV to the appropriate refresh rate when playing a Bluray/DVD disc. Most DVD players would probably do the same. The old DVD players I used to own had a setting which would force either PAL or NTSC as the output, or you could put them in auto mode so they'd also switch the output according to the type of disc. In fact if I remember correctly an old Philips DVD player I owned would switch the TV to NTSC mode whenever you accessed the player's menu (with the output setting on auto) even though in theory it was a PAL DVD player. I haven't used it much myself so I'd need to check, but I have a feeling one of the Bluray players in this house does the same thing.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, thanks for that, hello. I did a little reading, Wiki and Hometheater. Gets complicated doesn't it? They've had quite a time developing this tv/video thing.

Much I don't understand. For instance your two AVI files were 'both progressive' though they were NTSC.. but NTSC and PAL are both interlaced, right?

I'm very interested to know how you know this:
    For the one with the 29.970 frame rate, it just dropped a frame now and then and for the one with a 23.976 frame rate, it repeated a frame every second
    You have software to peer at the result and you figured it out yourself or just general principles, you know this is how it will do it? I like analytic software.

About DVD players and their ability to play NTSC as well as PAL at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL

I found they claim that recent players 'typically' do all - except broadcast! So would that mean that if you recorded a broadcast NTSC it wouldn't play - or the very act of recording it would somehow alter it to a playable recording? Here's the extract:

Recently manufactured PAL television receivers can typically decode all of these systems except, in some cases, PAL-M and PAL-N. Many of receivers can also receive Eastern European and Middle Eastern SECAM, though rarely French-broadcast SECAM (because France uses the unique positive video modulation) unless they are manufactured for the French market. They will correctly display plain CVBS or S-video SECAM signals. Many can also accept baseband NTSC-M, such as from a VCR or game console, and RF modulated NTSC with a PAL standard audio subcarrier (i.e. from a modulator), though not usually broadcast NTSC (as its 4.5 MHz audio subcarrier is not supported). Many sets also support NTSC with a 4.43 MHz subcarrier.
    And the interesting talk at http://hometheater.about.com/od/beforeyoubuy/a/progressivescan_3.htm indicates we've got to consider the t.v.

When you shop for a DVD player and new television, you will find the term progressive scan tossed around by the salesperson, just like watts-per-channel is bandied about concerning audio systems. You will hear the salesperson tell you how much you need it and that you can't settle for less or do without it. However, there are other factors to consider. If you are planning to use the DVD player with an older TV that doesn't have progressive scan inputs, then this feature does you no good. On the other hand, if you are planning to use the DVD player with a HD-upgradable or HDTV that has progressive scan capability, then it definitely makes sense to purchase a progressive scan DVD player.
    Our kids t.v. doesn't have the Y,Cb,Cr inputs. After breaking two flat screeners we've given them a CRT machine - cheap and virtually indestructable we're told.

It is all very interesting and all very confusing for me at this stage... reading about it sometimes makes it look like nothing is going to work and I have to remind myself that I know for a fact this and that do work, I use them all the time...

I'd love to get into it but I can't be an expert on everything, if anything, and I'm really pushed for time...

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I was exactly like you about 15 years go. I thought "the MUST be a way to easily do this(PAL><NTSC)":
    1. There is no easy way to do this.
    2. STOP concerning yourself with "interlaced and progressive"....it will just add to the confusion. It's a dead-end.
    3. You are also starting to mix talk of "broadcast standards" into your conversation/argument....also a dead-end.
    (Any time someone quotes something from the internet mentioning SECAM or modulation or subcarriers....they are going down the wrong path and knowledge of these words or subjects will NOT help solve your problem.)
    4. The easiest way to solve the problem is fo the recipient of the DVD to own a region-free DVD player that can also
    convert between PAL and NTSC internally, "on the fly"....but even those are becoming difficult to find.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM

The easiest way to solve the problem is fo the recipient of the DVD to own a region-free DVD player that can also
    convert between PAL and NTSC internally, "on the fly"....but even those are becoming difficult to find.
    Not here, or in Australia. I think you would be hard-pressed to find a DVD player, brand name or otherwise, that wasn't region free and/or couldn't cope with both PAL and NTSC. The only obvious exception is recent Panny models which are no longer region free out of the box - but if you take it in to the authorised service agent they will region free them free-of-charge.

So, you could always import a unit from NZ or Australia. You would, however, also need a (relatively inexpensive) transformer to deal with the voltage difference, unless you got a brand that could cope with US voltages (some can). Also, only some can convert, the others can output both PAL and NTSC depending on the disk, as pretty much all TVs here can cope with both. You might want to check whether your TV can and, if it can't, double check that the particular player model can convert.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Chopmeister View Post

The easiest way to solve the problem is fo the recipient of the DVD to own a region-free DVD player that can also
    Not here, or in Australia. I think you would be hard-pressed to find a DVD player, brand name or otherwise, that wasn't region free and/or couldn't cope with both PAL and NTSC.
    WTF are you talking about?.....you're in New Zealand.....a PAL country.
    PAL countries can play NTSC as long as the disc is region free.....old news.
    ....and I said "becoming" difficult to find.
    Did you really think you bragging the obvious was going to help the newbie?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by abrogard View Post
    Much I don't understand. For instance your two AVI files were 'both progressive' though they were NTSC.. but NTSC and PAL are both interlaced, right?
    If I used the term PAL or NTSC when it comes to AVIs it was just to differentiate between frame rates.... ie 25fps and 23.976/29.970fps.
    Yes, PAL and NTSC are both interlaced formats, but I only had a couple of videos which had been deinterlaced when they were encoded on hand to test with.

I'm very interested to know how you know this:
    For the one with the 29.970 frame rate, it just dropped a frame now and then and for the one with a 23.976 frame rate, it repeated a frame every second
    You have software to peer at the result and you figured it out yourself or just general principles, you know this is how it will do it? I like analytic software.
    I just opened the encodes using MPC-HC and stepped through them one frame at a time. Sometimes when video is converted from one frame rate to another, two frames/fields can be blended together to make a single frame/field, but in the case of the way Nero does it, it just dropped/added frames to keep the duration the same. At least when converting 23.976/29.970fps progressive video to PAL. It might convert it a little differently if the source was interlaced and it was converting NTSC's 59.94 fields per second to PAL's 50 fields per second. I'm not sure.

About DVD players and their ability to play NTSC as well as PAL at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL

I found they claim that recent players 'typically' do all - except broadcast! So would that mean that if you recorded a broadcast NTSC it wouldn't play - or the very act of recording it would somehow alter it to a playable recording? Here's the extract:
    To be honest I don't know much about the different broadcast standards but I can tell you I've not met a PAL DVD player which can't play an NTSC DVD. They might be out there, but I've not come across one. I doubt there's a PAL LCD/Plasma TV which can't accept either and every player I've ever owned has an an option to at least set the output to PAL or "auto", the latter letting the player switch the output type accordingly. Maybe they're not so common any more.... I don't know.

Our kids t.v. doesn't have the Y,Cb,Cr inputs. After breaking two flat screeners we've given them a CRT machine - cheap and virtually indestructable we're told.
    The progressive scan thing isn't really related to PAL vs NTSC. Some DVD players have an option to output progressive video even if the video on the disc is interlaced, but it doesn't have to be. Many DVDs contain progressive video which is output as interlaced by the player when connected to a TV which requires an interlaced input. When Nero Vision converted my test files to PAL DVD, according to MediaInfo the converted video was still progressive.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for that, hello, I appreciate it. Seems there's absolutely no necessity to worry about NTSC here in Aus. I don't/wouldn't worry for myself anyway, seeing I've always been able to play anything at all on my computer and I never, just about never, ever watch tv dvd players.

I will convert this thing to .avi and then to a PAL DVD just to satisfy myself.

Thanks again for your help. Good to meet you.

Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    You should take yourself off to other pastures. You are contributing nothing except gratuitous abuse to this thread. I think I made it clear in my last post that I was addressing myself to those other than yourself
    You've never quoted me before....you were quoting someone else....this is your first interaction with me EVER. Someone else before me told you how stupid you were and how you were not listening to a word anyone was saying, and have absolutely ZERO comprehension.

The original topic of this thread/discussion was whether or not DVDShrink accepts ISO images. Period.
    You brought the nonsensical "NTSC/PAL with DVDShrink" ideas into this conversation.
    DVDShrink does not do that. It never has. It never will. NO PROGRAM does that.
    Now all you are doing is backtracking, trying to cover your mistakes and lack of knowledge with distractions.
    Go away little boy....you bother me.
    Shut up, gasbag. Flyspecks such as yourself are why good, intelligent people avoid internet forums.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Mitchum22 View Post
    Shut up, gasbag. Flyspecks such as yourself are why good, intelligent people avoid internet forums.
    And yet here you are again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As a local I haven't seen a DVD player and TV that can't handle NTSC or PAL in the last 5 years or so. In fact many of the DVDs and BD disc titles are US imports. So to the OP don't concentrate on technical differences but rather clearly define what you want to do as dot points. Then maybe someone can assist. If you are having problems with ISO format DVDs you can always use Winzip or Winrar to extract the usual VIDEO_TS folder and work from there.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  27. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Mitchum22 View Post
    And dip$h!ts like you, digging up old threads for no good reason, are why.... well, we need to strain the shallow end of the gene pool!!
    LOL!!!

I mean, 7 months later ?!?!?!

How ******* bored are you that you find a thread that old just to post to it to be a dick ?!?!?!

It absolutely 100% makes you more of a meathead than who you think is a meathead that you were replying to!!!
    DERR!!!!!!!

Notice i said "THINK" because hech is just laying it out, unlike your trolling ass!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote