VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I need to decrease the volume for a 5.1 ac3 file. I have no problem with demuxing and remuxing the ac3 file, in fact that is the way I would prefer to do it.

I've heard of various methods for increasing the volume, including a homemade script I believe made by Soopafresh, but I have no idea how to do the opposite - decrease the volume. I do not want to have to decode to 6 wavs, adjust volume, and then somehow encode the 6 wavs back to a single ac3 file. Ideally maybe there's a tool or simple method similar to the script Soopafresh had, or else maybe someone can help inform me of a way to do it. I would like to be able to manually adjust the audio to get it at the right level. I also don't want to change anything about the mix or the audio itself, or any kind of limiter effect, or any filters, I just want the exact same 5.1 audio as what I have originally, but with lower volume.

Ideally I would be able to use some type of normalize or amplify option where I could input the number, and I don't mind experimenting over and over with different numbers until I find the right volume that I want. I'm not too knowledgeable with complex tools or with scripts unless it's relatively straight forward, but I'd be happy to give it a shot if anyone can give me some basic help.

Thanks a ton in advance for any help with how I could do it, I really appreciate it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote