VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Hi,
    i hope anyone could help me i'm trying to add a permanent subtitle (.srt) to avi video without converting or re-encoding the video file..programs like virtualdub are converting the video file so it takes a lot of time..i want just simply to add the subtitle to the video file without converting it and to keep the quality of the video..is there any program that can do that??
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's not possible without converting.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    thanks for replay,

but i'd like to ask if there is any program that converting the video to its exact quality and faster than VirtualDub?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can use different compression settings to get faster encoding times. Like use 1-pass encoding and low quality/high speed-presets, in virtualdub under Video->Compression and choose the codec like xvid and configure the settings.

You can also use freemake video converter or avidemux to add burned in subtitles to your video.
    Quote Quote  
  5. This is not burning the subs into the video, but I would suggest using mkvtoolnix cause you don't have to encode the video and the subs are embedded into the file.
    Quote Quote