VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My battery is not working suddenly.On the little icon where it's supposed to show the battery charging written "Plugged in but not charging.".I left my laptop for about 2 months because I was away then I got back home and this happen.Can someone help me solve this problem?
    I can't live without my computer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    My wife's laptop battery completely died (stopped charging) after only a few years.
    Replace the battery(if it's out of warranty) or contact the company to get warranty work done on the laptop.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    May be corrosion on the contacts. (Especially in the tropics as we are.)

Take the battery out and carefully scrape the contacts on it and in the compartment in the laptop.
    E.g., use a small screwdriver.
    Wipe clean (I use a cotton bud with a drop of WD40).
    Wipe dry again and see if it works.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If the charging circuit inside the battery detects a fault condition (such as a dead battery) then it won't do anything. If this is the case, then your battery is a brick and needs to be replaced.

How old is your battery? Over 2+ years and the life expectancy has been exceeded anyway.
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Make and model of laptop ... some issues are common and easy to determine but we will never know what without this information.

Some sony and hp units need the following done to fix common battery issues.

Take the battery out, remove power and hold down power button for 30 seconds ... then plug in mains power followed by battery and fire it up again.
    Quote Quote