VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been trying to back up some of my Blu-Ray DVD's in Toast 11 and have some issues. I have been ripping the BR discs using MakeMKV software and then using ps3muxer i convert the .mkv file to a .m2ts file for importing into Toast 11 (MAC).

The problem I am having in Toast is the origional .m2ts file (13.95GB) that I import into Toast converts to a (461.2 MB) file in toast.

In Toast "Video" the following options are available; DVD-Video, High Definition DVD-Video, Blu-ray Video, BDMV Folder, and AVCHD Archive. I assume that either Blu-ray video or High Definition DVD-Video would be the one to use. Blu-Ray video being the one I would think you'd use.
    But everytime I import the 13.95GB file it shows it converted to 461.2MB. How can I get the entire 13.95GB high-res file to burn for viewing on my "home Blu-Ray DVD player"? ***Note: 2 screen shots have been attatched for clearity. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Toast M2ts?.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	443.1 KB
ID:	8840  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Toast Options.jpg
Views:	1609
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	8841  

Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you just tried one mkv or does this happen with all?

Or maybe try find a blu-ray ripper that doesn't make a mkv so you can just rip and burn the bdmv folder directly. I have not seen any free blu-ray ripper for mac though.

And moving you to our mac section.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm with Baldrick on this one.
    I believe the problem is too much transcoding: from Blu-Ray to MKV to MTS again.
    IF you can rip the Blu-Ray to the HD ( I dunno, maybe using MacTheRipper 4.1.5.2 ?)
    then you should be able to use that output and just drag drop it into Toast
    and burn another copy under the Data tab?

Sorry, I don't do Blu-Ray or use Toast 11...
    I'm still sticking with SD content and Toast 10 for now...
    "Everyone has to learn, so that they can one day teach."
    ------------------------------------------------------
    When I'm not here, Where can I be found?
    Urban Mac User
    Quote Quote  
  4. Just a heads up, and I apologize if you already checked this, but I had a similar screwy problem with compilation DVD's I was creating in Toast...
    In your screen shot #1, you have the "Media" tab highlighted. Check the "Options" tab, and notice if the choice: "Use Fit-to-DVD video compression" is unchecked.
    If this is checked, it ignores some of your other logical encoding/burning choices, and spends extra energy re-compressing everything...
    Quote Quote