VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a couple of movies that are split into two cds, and am interested in merging them into one avi file. I know there's plenty of software out there capable of doing so, I tried VirtualDubMod, but the issue being the video is merged according to run time, not actual frame count, resulting in frames being dropped. I hope you guys understand. I appreciate any help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know what you mean, but the usual method is to open the first segent in Virtualdub, then file/append the 2nd segment.
    Set video and audio to "direct stream copy", file/save as avi.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I used VirtulDubMod to append the cds, and that worked out fine. But what VirtualDubMod does is append the files according to the run time of the video, and I'm guessing milliseconds aren't taking into matter as you can clearly see on the result file that there are missing frames where the last disc ended. It doesn't shift smoothly onto the second disc.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's supposed to include all the frames from both segments. If you drag through the timeline
    after joining the files, do you see any anomalies at the join ?

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you said "according to the run time of the video".

Perhaps give Avidemux a try.
    Quote Quote