VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. is it possible to encode with xvid with standalone dvd player compatibility, and something similar to CRF from x264, to avoid 2-pass encoding and guessing the bitrate ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes. Try a constant quant of 3.
    Quote Quote  
  3. do you know where can I find some xvid presets that use fixed quantizer and DivX Home Theatre and MTK ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you're asking what I think you are, I think the answer's 'yes'. When you talk about MTK chipset support you usually talk about AutoGK, and what it does differently when the MTK option is turned on is to use the standard matrices, rather than the custom quant matrices it usually uses. So, if you enable the Home Theater preset and stick with H.263 or the MPEG matrices, at the same time choosing your quant 3 or whatever, you'll be OK I think. Just choose it in the main XviD Configuration window, in the Profile drop-down box.
    Quote Quote  
  5. First set Encoding type to Single Pass. If the button below that doesn't say Target Quantizer press it until it does. Set the Quantizer value next to the button.

Click image for larger version

Name:	xvid.png
Views:	1025
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	8750

Note that Xvid will ignore the Profiles' bitrate limits when using Target Quantizer mode.
    Quote Quote