VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. What do you guys think is the best conversion software ? The only one I have been converting with is ConvertXtoDVD 4
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Convert from what kind of source to what kind of output--for what sort of end purpose?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by filmboss80 View Post
    Convert from what kind of source to what kind of output--for what sort of end purpose?
    As he mentioned ConvertXtoDVD in his post, it sounds like he's referring to converting video files to DVD format.

But why pay for that piece of software (currently $50)? - there is freeware available such as Freemake, AVStoDVD and DVD Flick.
    Last edited by mike20021969; 21st Sep 2011 at 17:50.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by filmboss80 View Post
    Sorry about that guys, I usally get pegged for posting to much info. I'm converting avi. format to DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Sorry about that guys, I usally get pegged for posting to much info. I'm converting avi. format to DVD.

I'm trying Freemake and was needing to know if there is a setting that would convert to a DVD that would burn the picture that covers the entire screen or if it will only burn where there is a horizontal black area on the top and bottom ?

Freemake, AVStoDVD and DVD Flick.... which do you guys prefer ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've used ConvertXtoDVD, AVStoDVD and MultiAVCHD for converting one source (MKV, TS or AVI) to DVD. If you don't already own ConvertXtoDVD then try AVStoDVD. AVStoDVD is a bit slower, doesn't have as many menus and they're not as "fancy," but it's free and works very well.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I like DVDFlick. It's pretty simple.
    Quote Quote