VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    hi all. im having a hard time converting all 6 star wars br rips to mp4 (i bought the original saga last week). i have no problem ripping entire br to hdd. my problem is that the only english audio track is encoded in truehd and everytime ive tried converting the films to mp4 i get no audio but a perfect picture. im happy with the 3gb filesize coming from almost 40gb LOL. all help appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It would help if you told us what software you are using...

I would try rip with latest dvdfab or anydvd betas and then convert to mp4 with ripbot264.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    ok. to rip to hdd i use dvdfab passkey. then to convert i have tried using freemake video converter.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think freemake video converter supports all blu-ray audio sources. Try ripbot264 or maybe use the full version of dvdfab to convert.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    il try ripbot264 but not really a fan of dvdfab to convert as i have come across a lot of sync and crop issues.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I don't have the Star Wars Blu-Ray set yet (should be here tomorrow), but it sounds to me like the common audio problems resulting from multiple m2ts files. Try extracting main movie from your rip with Clown_BD, it will correct any audio problems (such as sync byte discontinuity) which should allow you to then successfully convert the movie. Have Clown_BD extract core audio at the same time. Better yet, do it over, direct from disc with DVDFabPasskey running in the background.

Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    when using ripbot264 what settings should i have on it. id like at least a 2gb file. im only asking because ive never used it before.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can set the output size to 2gb.Change to 2-pass under Mode and adjust the lock size, see
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bluraytomkvripbot05_alt.png
Views:	403
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	8747

Read a guide like http://www.dvd-guides.com/guides/blu-ray-rip/252-rip-blu-ray-to-mkv for full details.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    cool i will try it now
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    perfect rip. took a bit of time but who cares. perfect picture and audio. a 40gb br converted to a 2gb mp4 file. amazing. thankyou for all your help guys, i really appreciate it
    Last edited by kn5150; 21st Sep 2011 at 18:16.
    Quote Quote